how to play GA now?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Bloody_Axe #21 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 482 battles
If you really want to have fun try the Ha 137 V1 . Against t2 and t3 you have the best 20mm cannon and can kill unsuspecting enemies at 600m. For AA ground targets find the ones where the gun is on one end and the three structures on the other kill the gun with 20mm  and one bomb on the rest takes care of that target. you can take on HF at low level and use the bomb trap on careless flyers. Down side is low air speed but you can defend captured sectors easy. Most LF show no respect so are easy targets. average game should be at least 5 kills +GT.

zen_monk_ #22 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7650 battles
  • [__] __

In summary. GAA are broken. Don't bother.

Someone should have said this to these four guys:

They dominated the battle.

Without human heavies to dispatch them quickly, all four of them were on the top of the scoreboard and dictated the game. So yes, it takes some effort and grind to reach there - but these are monsters.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Ziptop #23 Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2777 battles

There was supposed to be some "March of Nations" discount on Soviet stuff so I made a couple of impulse buys...

Bought an IL-20 (it was actually my next available in the tree) and I have to say, after the BSh-2 > IL-8/IL-10 grind it's actually ok. It seems faster, it seems more agile. It's still stock so the gun seems to not hit so hard and heats up quick. But maybe I'll keep plugging to see if this is the machine that wins me the Efimov for my Vampire.

(This IL-20 is an unforgivably ugly airplane though. Once I've achieved what I need this thing is going in the bin. Horrible to look at.) 

houghtonbee #24 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3855 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
The Flying Bus was my Efimov winning vehicle in the Vampire grind. Awful to look at but one of my favourite gaa in the game.

Renwor #25 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2318 battles

View PostZiptop, on 11 October 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

(This IL-20 is an unforgivably ugly airplane though. Once I've achieved what I need this thing is going in the bin. Horrible to look at.) 

That it is, BUT, once you get it topped, you will not get rid of it. It's not just tractor, it's tractor with plough. You will be flipping bases like crazy. The only frustrating thing is those 57mm's if you decide to shoot down planes. ( and even if you manage  a hit, results are not THAT spectacular as one would expect). It's not a "warthog" it's Wild boar. Of course you will not do much alone, as all low fliers, if you get focused by more than one enemy you die fast.

MayyoNaise #26 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles

View PostZiptop, on 11 October 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

i remember thinking the same about it (and the IL-40P) back when i first looked through the tree, but i have learned to love them! the '20 reminds me a bit of bombers in "Advance wars" all the units in that game are heavily stylized, and i feel like the '20 fits right in there. alongside some other things but thats just me fangirling over the otherworldy aestethics in my mind, and the feelings they evoke.

View Posthoughtonbee, on 11 October 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

The Flying Bus was my Efimov winning vehicle in the Vampire grind. Awful to look at but one of my favourite gaa in the game.

the flying bus? which plane is that? the LBsh comes to mind. let me know if i guessed correctly.

houghtonbee #27 Posted Today, 06:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3855 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Il20

Looks like a bus with wings to me :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users