The first official unofficial solo dogfight championship

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

nitemare_gary #1 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 1494 battles

Welcome to The first official unofficial solo dogfight championship, or O.U.S.D.C. for short.

This is a a one-on-one dogfight competition in the training flight rooms for eight people to

battle it out to be crowned champion.

The contestants for this time already know who they are, but for those of you who don't know

who is taking part, here is the all-star line up: zen_monk_, AnCh, demostene, Ziptop, deaxter_hero,

dreambill, 0berhessen and Discontinued.

The rules and additional information are below

MAP---Alpine Gambit: Day of Reckoning. A high tier map with an open middle, so heaps of space.

TIER---randomly selected, this ought to add an element of surprise.                                                                

TYPE---randomly selected from multirole, light and heavy fighters, if, same goes for tier, the players

aren't able to meet these conditions, I will keep changing this until there isn't a problem.

CONFIGURATION---any, players choice, and they don't have to match.

CONSUMABLES---none, and no special ammunition either.

EQUIPMENT---any, again, players choice.

PILOT---any, choose your best man for the job. 

OPPONENT--- randomly selected, it will be, quite literally, from a hat.

CONDITION FOR VICTORY---just shoot your opponent down as many times as possible

in the time given. There are no second chances, so give it your all.

If you lose your battle then you are eliminated, and your opponent will progress to the next round.

Here is the battle layout

player 1                                                                     player 5                                             

player 2   \                                                             /   player 6                                           

player 1 ------- player 4 ------- player 6                                                                 

player 4 ------- player 7 ------- player 7                                                             

player 3   /                                                             \   player 7                                            

player 4                                                                     player 8                                             

This is, obviously, not a prophecy, but it should hopefully illustrate what I mean.

In the picture, player 1 has fought player 2 and won, just like player 4 against player 3.

This was the first round, and is repeated on the other side. Player 1 and 4 then fight 

round two, like 6 and 7. The respective winners then battle it out in round three, and

I guess you can figure it out from there.

As for the prize,

I offer you your choice from all tier three aircraft from the premium shop,

or 1000 gold, it's up to the winner.

If you wanted to take place, don't worry, the plan is to return some time in December this year,

or January/February of 2020. (possibly with some changes, depending on feedback)

Flying will start on Friday and is planed to be one battle a day in the afternoon, however there is a high possibility

that I won't be available some evenings, in which case I will let you know here in the morning.

If you have any questions please post them here.

If you have any suggestions please post them on this companion topic,

http://forum.worldof...estion/#topmost

To everyone taking part, I wish you good luck and may the best pilot win!:honoring:

nitemare_gary #2 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 1494 battles

Here are the player pairs for round one.

Group one: dreambill and zen_monk_.

Group two: Ziptop and demostene.

Group three: AnCh and 0berhessen.

Group four: deaxter_hero and Discontinued.

Good luck all.

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7650 battles
  • [__] __

...and I will make a special personal skin for the victor, as a memento of the event.

Dreambill, due to my weird working hours I will be available Friday until 15:00 then from midnight. Saturday early morning till noon and after 20:00. CET time (Berlin, Paris, Vienna time)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

dreambill #4 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4333 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Dear Zen, I'm afraid that my working schedule is even more complicated.

In fact I'll be able to participate either Friday around 10:30-12:30 CET (I leave in Greece my actual time is +1)

or Sunday After 19:00 CET.

From your plan, Friday morning is a go it seems.

Do we have a means of communication? Discord maybe? for preparing and while playing?

Also I have day off tomorrow if that helps.

dreambill #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:48 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4333 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
Actually the time of my above post (in my country) was 07:46 PM - to synchronize our times

Edited by dreambill, 09 October 2019 - 04:50 PM.

zen_monk_ #6 Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7650 battles
  • [__] __

All right, if it's OK it will be Friday your 12:00 my 11:00. Will this do for you?

(maybe we should switch to PM for further details to avoid spamming the thread)

Edited by zen_monk_, 09 October 2019 - 05:06 PM.

Discontinued #7 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1984 battles

Ill be on Saturday if Amazon don't mess me around anymore!

I've got a bad feeling that they will as they've changed courier service to Hermes which has filled me with dread as I've had very poor experiences with them in the past.

But your all safe until then,

Enjoy!

"May cause the explode problem"

nitemare_gary #8 Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 1494 battles

zen and dreambill,

you will be flying tier v multirole fighters.

I'm afraid I won't be able to watch

this time, so would be able to set up

the flight by your self?

sorry about this, I was hoping somthing

would cancel.

Anyway, good luck to you both.

zen_monk_ #9 Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7650 battles
  • [__] __

Oh we met an hour ago, since there were no instructions form you we decided on a tier and finished it on your Alpine Gambit: Day of Reckoning (well chosen map, gratz).

Shall we repeat it on tier 5 multis to be official? In that case it has to be today after midnight or tomorrow morning until noon.

apartclassic #10 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:51 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20468 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

I know the tiers and planes, and map, don't matter - zen_monk_ has ated more bread and is the champ. You go monk, you go!

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

nitemare_gary #11 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:58 AM

Senior Airman

• 1494 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 11 October 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Oh we met an hour ago, since there were no instructions form you we decided on a tier and finished it on your Alpine Gambit: Day of Reckoning (well chosen map, gratz).

Shall we repeat it on tier 5 multis to be official? In that case it has to be today after midnight or tomorrow morning until noon.

I would prefer if you did, however if you weren't able to or it would be difficult please don't. What you did was exactly what I had in mind before I suggested this.

Besides, it was my fault for not being prompt. I was holding off until the last minute to see if this thing would cancel, and in doing so, lost track of time.

But please, tell me about the battle! 

zen_monk_ #12 Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7650 battles
  • [__] __

Let's wait for Dreambill's decission if we shall repeat, this time on Tier 5 multis.

If we are, these are times I can play (my time is CentralEuropanTime, his is +1) Sorry, damn rl.

- tonight after my midnight, your 01:00

- tomorrow from morning till my 12:00, your 13:00 or later in the evening after my 20:00 your 21:00

- Sunday whenever after my 13:00 your 14:00

Only upon him deciding we'll tell, no use now - it was not to your regulations. We picked the tiers and classes on our own, very fair and agreed upon, but not to your rules.

Edited by zen_monk_, 11 October 2019 - 10:03 PM.

0berhessen #13 Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:32 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4143 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Thanks again for all your effort to set up this event!

Some questions:

- Do all pairs fly tonight? (Friday Oct. 11th)

- No special Ammo, means neither the blue one, right? How do we make proof nobody is cheating? I mean its a question of honour and respect.. but...

I think i added all of you that weren´t on my contact list ingame yet.

Looking forward to fly with/against you!

Cheers

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

apartclassic #14 Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20468 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Post0berhessen, on 11 October 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Some questions:

- No special Ammo, means neither the blue one, right? How do we make proof nobody is cheating? I mean its a question of honour and respect.. but...

Cheers

Enlighten me as to the possibilities of cheating in WoWP. I would really love to know how is it possible to cheat here. I am asking totally seriously, unless you only mean using non-white ammo.

Edited by apartclassic, 11 October 2019 - 04:22 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

nitemare_gary #15 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 1494 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 11 October 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Some questions:

Cheers

No, not all pairs will fly tonight. However I will try to get through as many as possible tomorrow,

starting 11am CET onwards.

About the ammo, I guess it would be impossible to regulate, so it would be just good sport holding 

you back. So yes, only white ammo.

If possible, could every one add me to their contacts in game, so I can give you information on the dot.

Once again, good luck.

0berhessen #16 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4143 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postapartclassic, on 11 October 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Enlighten me as to the possibilities of cheating in WoWP. I would really love to know how is it possible to cheat here. I am asking totally seriously, unless you only mean using non-white ammo.

i mean cheating in a way, that someone does not use white ammo - causing more crits and fire and stuff

View Postnitemare_gary, on 11 October 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

No, not all pairs will fly tonight. However I will try to get through as many as possible tomorrow,

starting 11am CET onwards.

About the ammo, I guess it would be impossible to regulate, so it would be just good sport holding 

you back. So yes, only white ammo.

If possible, could every one add me to their contacts in game, so I can give you information on the dot.

Once again, good luck.

thanks for your answers and contact added. Also wrote to AnCh, but no reply so far.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

AnCh #17 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5668 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

It seems that I just saw this thread... :)

When will I get to fly and what I have to do? I know I am a little too late to this thread but I really need to know so I can plan my evening or Ms. AnCh will have my skin on a stick. :D

Edit: My time zone is UTC +2. One hour more than the one of the forum.

Meantime, I haven't received the message from Oberhessen and I am unsure where should I look for it. :|

Edited by AnCh, 11 October 2019 - 06:56 PM.

nitemare_gary #18 Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 1494 battles

View PostAnCh, on 11 October 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

It seems that I just saw this thread... :)

When will I get to fly and what I have to do? I know I am a little too late to this thread but I really need to know so I can plan my evening or Ms. AnCh will have my skin on a stick. :D

Edit: My time zone is UTC +2. One hour more than the one of the forum.

Meantime, I haven't received the message from Oberhessen and I am unsure where should I look for it. :|

Login after 11am CET (or 9 UTC), add me to your contacts and open the training room. I will send you a message containing your specifics and

there will be a training flight with your name on. 

dreambill #19 Posted Yesterday, 07:37 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 4333 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Postzen_monk_, on 11 October 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Let's wait for Dreambill's decission if we shall repeat, this time on Tier 5 multis.

If we are, these are times I can play (my time is CentralEuropanTime, his is +1) Sorry, damn rl.

- tonight after my midnight, your 01:00

- tomorrow from morning till my 12:00, your 13:00 or later in the evening after my 20:00 your 21:00

- Sunday whenever after my 13:00 your 14:00

Only upon him deciding we'll tell, no use now - it was not to your regulations. We picked the tiers and classes on our own, very fair and agreed upon, but not to your rules.

Sorry for the delayed answer, I was working until late yesterday. Unless is mandatory from the organizer, there is no need to repeat for me.

We found the time, choose our planes and played our battle. Congrats to ZEN for his win, he absolutely deserved it. :honoring: He is the one to progress to the next round.

We had fun and I'm looking forward to discuss (after the end of the event) for the future of this. Thanks nitemare gary for your initiation and efforts :great:

Edited by dreambill, Yesterday, 07:39 AM.

zen_monk_ #20 Posted Yesterday, 08:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7650 battles
  • [__] __
Fine by me too. Thank you for a great time Dreambill, it was a pleasure, and once more a salute to Nitemare for organizing this :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users