When "Pro-gamers" rage quit

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3829 battles

There is at least one other thread around here about Warplanes gamers flaming folks in chat and/or even chasing other players to their hangar to rage at them there. 

There are probably a few threads about people raging at their "noob team" in chat or rage quittting because of the matchmaking. 

Well, yes, it all happens. 

But once in a while you get to enjoy the delicious moment of somebody who would probably have been of benefit to the team, (and flying an aircraft type and model that the team really quite need) raging on chat at the start of the battle and then immediately rage quitting before first contact because of "unfair matchmaking"/"being up-tiered"/whatever and then that team go on to easily win the battle without them.... 

Moral of the story? (for players old and new alike)

Ignore the childish haters. We can't escape them anywhere we go on the web anyway. 

Play the hand you get dealt. For better or worse. Win or lose. - and cherish those moments where you can fly away from what looked like insurmountable odds having snatched victory from the jaws of almost certain defeat. It may even have forced you to fly a bit better, try a bit harder and think about the strategy of the game in order to flip the odds. 

Edited by Ziptop, 04 November 2019 - 06:53 PM.

paca_madaidhean #2 Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5796 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

yep I rage  but only about bot programing  humans are fun to fly  and give a much better 

game than ram bots one shot never miss with rockets bots

so sorry to all humans  take my rage with a bit of its not me its the bots :)

shout at me if you wish I am Scottish  I work in Glasgow  and get abuse every day 

from our wonderful friendly  city

so its water of a ducks back

have fun and fly safe  ps I have never reported anyone for having a chat with me 

Ziptop #3 Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3829 battles

View Postpaca_madaidhean, on 04 November 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

yep I rage  

I am Scottish 

I work in Glasgow 

I'll forever be reading your posts in the accent of Rab C Nesbitt from now on.....

AngryTotalEgal #4 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 11091 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Unfortunately I sometimes lose control - whenever I see  stupidity of humans.

As long as in this team game planes/players do their task, it's fine, and even the most useless bots do this - except some humans. 

There is such a lot of bad examples, I think every one of us could write books.

Anyway I'm in an ongoing learning process of finally accepting brainfcked humans. But in reality it is not accepting but raising my Ievel of ignorance.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4084 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostZiptop, on 04 November 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

There is at least one other thread around here about Warplanes gamers flaming folks in chat and/or even chasing other players to their hangar to rage at them there. 

Yeah, there is one sad case from the forum who recently followed me to the garage to rage at me, I'm sure, he, being out of this world at the game, has never ever had a bad game in WoWP's. I was quite surprised at his behavior, but now I realise he is more to be pitied than laughed at, as he has nothing else in his life.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

levlos #6 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3846 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

I ragequit once, and I still regret it -I will take this feeling to my grave.

On stormy and windy nights, the lost souls and other ghouls might read the following text on my miserable and twisted tombstone:

"Here beneath lies the wrech that once let down his team of fellow humans. He is still waiting for his respawn.

God this respawn takes an eternity, and all the bases are capped."

L.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

Mad_Mike_Hoare #7 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 7790 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Behold the Heavy Fighter:  With his superior speed and armament range - he has opened fire upon the target before thou.

Should thine machine gun armed, less perspicacious, Light Fighter - through some evil magic- accomplish to "steal" (the remaining 50% of the hit points from) "His" target.

**Thou hath STOLEN "HIS" KILL**

**and Lo - thou shalt be raged upon** (Revelations 11:18)

Edited by Mad_Mike_Hoare, 05 November 2019 - 07:45 PM.

"You ought to have heard him recite poetry—his own, too, it was, he told me. Poetry!"

0berhessen #8 Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:33 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4437 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

How comes, that if i set someone on ignore, i am still able to read his crap text in the game chat?

Does "ignore" in WOWP mean, the other one is not able to send me hangar messages anymore?

And why  (please blindfold & wargaming team) i do not see a ignore-symbol if that other player appears in the own or enemy team?

Like it is in World of Tanks for example?

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Ziptop #9 Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:07 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 3829 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 06 November 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

How comes, that if i set someone on ignore, i am still able to read his crap text in the game chat?

Does "ignore" in WOWP mean, the other one is not able to send me hangar messages anymore?

And why  (please blindfold & wargaming team) i do not see a ignore-symbol if that other player appears in the own or enemy team?

Like it is in World of Tanks for example?

This is an interesting point that deserves a thread of its own. Not sure if it should be in bugs or in suggestions. (I've not seen this, because I've never ignored anybody yet)

0berhessen #10 Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4437 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostZiptop, on 06 November 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

This is an interesting point that deserves a thread of its own. Not sure if it should be in bugs or in suggestions. (I've not seen this, because I've never ignored anybody yet)

There is an option to ignore people, i have done it a lot for different reasons.

As most of us i just want to have fun and relax a bit by playing a game.

I do not want to read insults against me or my family... i do not need any Tetris or Barbie hints... i do not like to read Usernames that clearly shows the political right winged attitude of the user...

In World of Tanks i ignore at least one player per day i play that game.

The number here in Warplanes is a lot smaller.

But it happened and im pretty sure it will happen again.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

i_want_cookies #11 Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 467 battles

i've put like 500 ppl on my ignore list. You can call me toxic, but if you have 5-10k battles, and your winrate is 38% in a bot game, you are dumb as hell, you cannot argue with that, period. And i put all these "skillful" pilots on my ignore list. If you earn 3k PP in tier 10 battles with your goddamn OP specialized Messerschmitt P.1101, do not be upset because of "Tetris and Barbie" hints. They are right.

BTW the ignore list doesnt work for a long time, you have to read the texts of the ignored players...I want an option to TURN OFF the chat completely

0berhessen #12 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:01 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4437 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posti_want_cookies, on 06 November 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

i've put like 500 ppl on my ignore list. You can call me toxic, but if you have 5-10k battles, and your winrate is 38% in a bot game, you are dumb as hell, you cannot argue with that, period. And i put all these "skillful" pilots on my ignore list. If you earn 3k PP in tier 10 battles with your goddamn OP specialized Messerschmitt P.1101, do not be upset because of "Tetris and Barbie" hints. They are right.

BTW the ignore list doesnt work for a long time, you have to read the texts of the ignored players...I want an option to TURN OFF the chat completely

405 Battles - "put like 500 ppl on my ignore list. You can call me toxic" Thats a true classic bwwwaahahahahah

Thats with your main account? Or with the one you post here? i ask for a friend :trollface:

Edited by 0berhessen, 06 November 2019 - 02:08 PM.

invader_from_mars #13 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9532 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 06 November 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

405 Battles - "put like 500 ppl on my ignore list. You can call me toxic" Thats a true classic bwwwaahahahahah

Thats with your main account? Or with the one you post here? i ask for a friend :trollface:

Was logged in with the alt account...

deaxter_hero #14 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5951 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Hi there, this is a bit like mental cleansing thingy going on here :B. And so I will seize this opportunity and confess. I do confess I sometimes too get carried away when I see EF 131 or Su-10 on my team doing 4500 points and destroying 6 ground targets during the whole game. Or when at start of the battle my teammate clicks furiously on Airfield and I try to beg him to go for Military Base instead - all in vain. Or when I ask my teammate to do anything and he does not respond. And so I get salty in chat sometimes. I apologise for that. Sometimes I write to them even in hangar - at least I try to put it usually in a way, that if they want to improve their wr (and again I confess I sometimes use the adjective "pathetic" in this regard), they should not bomb with Su-10 from 4000m etc. It is not right though. Sometimes people write me back that they don´t speak English, only French or Spanish. And many time people just do not know what to do as we did not know when we started playing the game many years ago. They dont have time to read chat as all their attention is sucked into the dogfight. Sometimes people even thank me for the advice, sometimes people give me a straightforward explanation "I am just noob" - a very valid answer. So we all need to let off steam sometimes, but let us (I am talking to myself especially) learn to become more human and forgiving in this matter too. Amen, om mani padme hum, bismillahi rahman ul rahim :honoring:.  

Edited by deaxter_hero, 06 November 2019 - 03:37 PM.

BravelyRanAway #15 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4084 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Posti_want_cookies, on 06 November 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Perhaps try single player games if you lack self-control.....you come across a complete toss..

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

jss78 #16 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2881 battles

Well, confession time. I sometimes get in really crappy mood playing World of Warplanes. I don't rage quit much, but I may get sour in chat.

First off, I do realize it's really foolish to get angry over a video game. I'm not a kid, but a 40+ year-old dude with wife, child etc.

Now that said, I occasionally find WoWP incredibly frustrating. I've played numerous online shooters similar in concept, but there are a couple specific things about WoWP that occasionally drive me batsh*t:

First, I've never seen a game with as depressing a MM lottery as this one. This is all about the low player count in this game. Quite typically we have 6 humans in the game, 3 per team. Let's suppose that apart from you, of the 5 other human players, 3 are good 2 are on the weak side. If you happen to get the 2 weak ones on your team -- and with such a small human player pool, this will happen regularly -- it's virtually impossible to win. And you can tell these games in a couple minutes. Enemy's 3 humans are at 5000 points each, your 2 human team mates are somewhere below the bots on the score sheet.

In a normal 12-vs-12 humans MM the larger numbers soften the random element, and you're likely to get SOME helpful team mates. In WoWP this is not the case -- you'll get  lots of games which are almost immediately obvious as unwinnable -- and that's not very motivating.

Second -- and this is exacerbated by the MM lottery -- among its competition WoWP is unusual in how many of the match rewards are tied to winning the game. Not ONLY the daily bonus, but also materials and various missions. It gets really old doing 5 games in a row where you're the  best in your team by a massive margin, but your human team mates are worse than your bots, and you lose all the time.

Again, I agree it's silly to get angry over a video game, but at the same time, IMO WoWP has specific bad game design choices that make the game more frustrating than it has to be. It's been repeated many times, but I think it'd be a great idea, e.g., to give good players in the losing team a small amount resources. I.e., give the guy something to work towards even if it's obvious the game is unwinnable for him.

Edited by jss78, 06 November 2019 - 11:25 PM.

invader_from_mars #17 Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9532 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 07 November 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

Perhaps try single player games if you lack self-control.....you come across a complete toss..

Worry not, i do that. After a few battles with the same "im going to capture the plant with my Spitfire" teammate, i usually switch to offline /SP games. And that's why i like the period of my chat ban, i dont have to worry about other ppl's fragile human spirit (in a competitive WAR mmo :facepalm:) Btw i always tell these 1k altitude dogfighter GAAs and ground attacker Me 109s to learn the game in tier 1-2. And there is no offence in that. There are so many badass tier 2 premium planes (gifts, rewards, wg codes), they should improve their skills (and their pilots' skills) there, and not in tier 10 FGS...or if so, face the consequences, and stand the "super mario and tetris" hints

1 more thing, Super Mario and Tetris games are cool :D 

Edited by invader_from_mars, 07 November 2019 - 07:05 AM.

BravelyRanAway #18 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4084 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 07 November 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Worry not, i do that. After a few battles with the same "im going to capture the plant with my Spitfire" teammate, i usually switch to offline /SP games. And that's why i like the period of my chat ban, i dont have to worry about other ppl's fragile human spirit (in a competitive WAR mmo :facepalm:

I can see your point if you have nothing else in your life and that's sad. People like you have little understanding of the world around them. There are many different people who play games, ordinary people with limited time, people with disabilities, people with poor computers or crappy internet, not to mention the game itself with it bugs and disconnects and also young children play too. This game is not your game, it's a free to play game open to everyone and you have no right to drive people away with your bile and lack of self-control. The reason games have rules with relation to language and communication in games is precisely because of  people like you. It's actually you who has a fragile human spirit, I doubt you even understand the meaning of the phrase. Civilised life is built on empathy and understanding....not war. 

Empathy is quite a human trait and when someone lacks it, it's not everyone else that has a problem....it's that person that has a problem.

So, yes. Super Mario and Tetris would be better for you.

invader_from_mars #19 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9532 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 07 November 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

I can see your point if you have nothing else in your life and that's sad. People like you have little understanding of the world around them. There are many different people who play games, ordinary people with limited time, people with disabilities, people with poor computers or crappy internet, not to mention the game itself with it bugs and disconnects and also young children play too. This game is not your game, it's a free to play game open to everyone and you have no right to drive people away with your bile and lack of self-control. The reason games have rules with relation to language and communication in games is precisely because of  people like you. It's actually you who has a fragile human spirit, I doubt you even understand the meaning of the phrase. Civilised life is built on empathy and understanding....not war. 

Empathy is quite a human trait and when someone lacks it, it's not everyone else that has a problem....it's that person that has a problem.

So, yes. Super Mario and Tetris would be better for you.

Ok Mr. Morality Keeper. Now go and save the Earth with your PC phrases. And all this in a game where you have to shoot down enemy planes :D:D priceless

ps: I wish you an eternal teammate: JARM***TOR

BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4084 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 07 November 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Ok Mr. Morality Keeper. Now go and save the Earth with your PC phrases. And all this in a game where you have to shoot down enemy planes :D:D priceless

ps: I wish you an eternal teammate: JARM***TOR

I think you miss the point that this is a game, it's not real life and nobody dies. Normal people understand the difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users