Jump to content


Heavyweight Fights


  • Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #21 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 15769 battles
  • 1,070
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

View PostCaptainAim, on 07 November 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

I might be forced to go just there


As I have said elsewhere, locking yourself in a dark room for a few hours and self-flagellating would be a more rewarding experience.



zen_monk_ #22 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:55 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 8375 battles
  • 2,695
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
...from the other end of the spectrum, XP-75 is my most flown aircraft :hiding:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


RoyalFlyingCorps #23 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 15769 battles
  • 1,070
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016
Okay, that’s taking it too far, Zen.  I said it was “all right”, not the best thing since sliced bread. :D

CaptainAim #24 Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5651 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014

with my tier 8 us and uk heavies can not compete with the xf-90. so dark room and self flagellation for me. times three.

and zen...don't make me fly mission impossible here trying to compete with the xf using the f7f and the pancake. tachikawa cant be that bad.



Brutaly #25 Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2503 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

Stupid question, but is it the capture points that pop up after a game that the challenge is about?

If so i dont know what a good score is, is it 400 or 4000? Never paid any attention to it when playing tbh...

 

 



RoyalFlyingCorps #26 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 15769 battles
  • 1,070
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016
The Akamatsu, Lambert, McGuire, Efimov and Doolittle medals are awarded for 400 capture points in a single sortie, meaning that anything around that total for an entire game, whether one sortie or more than one, is a decent score.

SPIDER000 #27 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Community Contributor
  • 11837 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 07 November 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

The Akamatsu, Lambert, McGuire, Efimov and Doolittle medals are awarded for 400 capture points in a single sortie, meaning that anything around that total for an entire game, whether one sortie or more than one, is a decent score.

 

I guess average around 1 000 capture points in total for a battle should be just fine for mastery rating. 400 is really not even close to enough.



RoyalFlyingCorps #28 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 15769 battles
  • 1,070
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016
That sounds a bit high to me.  I'll have to look.

SPIDER000 #29 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Community Contributor
  • 11837 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 07 November 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

That sounds a bit high to me.  I'll have to look.

 

Remember battle of Moscow, when Germans had to attack?

Top average scores were above 700 and that was just for attacking with a very specific planes.

 

Now, when you can chose your plane and also defending counts, it may get little higher... Ok, 1 000 is maybe too much, but my guess is around 900 average for top positions in mastery. I can be wrong, just guessing.



RoyalFlyingCorps #30 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 15769 battles
  • 1,070
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

A Winged Legend Class 1 (5 chevron) battle in the XF-85 Goblin a few moments ago produced 560 capture points (14,220 personal points).

 


Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 07 November 2019 - 10:21 PM.


CaptainAim #31 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5651 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014

To answer this question in my own manner:

  1. 40-160 capture points is what you can expect to get on some maps with no middle sector playing the normal way at tiers 7-8 and without putting the event requirements first. Also you can get the same when you get shot down a lot, if you are lucky and you use bombs. Expect to get games with scores like that during the event. You won't be alone on the map, people will steal kills, ram you, lots of things can go wrong. It doesn't matter how good you are, sometimes it just doesn't stick. However, the more of these you get the lower your chances to get anything in any rating. You can shoot down 10 planes, but if by the time they are fully destroyed they exceed the sector boundary, they won't count for cp. So you can shot 10 or 20 planes and get zero cp if not careful.
  2. 200 - 300 cp is what most players do in relatively balanced teams if they are decent players. That won't matter too much for rating high in the event under any rating either.
  3. 400 - 550 cp is what should be like your minimum for the event. Consistency in this range and large number of battles may get you in perseverance rating. This range of scores will say to you you are "in the game".
  4. 600 - 700 cp is what good players will get. Having at least 10 games with about 700 cp should get you closer to the top of mastery
  5. 750 - 800 cp is probably possible in some rare occasions; even for good players it could be hard to get there if they encounter decent competition.
  6. 800+ cp is for lucky people with or without skills.
  7. 1000 cp? Really? For top 5 in mastery, maybe. I shot down over 20 planes and dropped about 4 bombs and only got 515 points, so to get 1000 you need lots of fast reloading bombs+rockets and maybe more than 25-30 kills. All in one sortie. Good luck with that. I would really like to see all the replays of the top players in mastery if they manage to do above 1000 cp. And probably smash a cake into my face for each of them.

 

What you guys have to keep in mind and do is this: play what you can, preferably what you are best with, as much as you can preferably while being well rested and just make sure your kills are within the sectors, so they count, as much as possible. Don't stress yourself with anything else because it is all a matter of luck. Tier 5 players can get perfectly balanced teams and do more cp than a high tier working his mind on strategies and game approaches. The way they say MM selects players it is all luck.

 

So good luck to you all. And to make it clear aim for 600 cp games. Anything extra consider it a bonus. Don't get discouraged if you won't get a lot of those. Just carry on.


Edited by CaptainAim, 07 November 2019 - 11:14 PM.


PRESS_2_for_Skill #32 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:31 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Conquest Member
  • 2928 battles
  • 28
  • [-IRON] -IRON
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015

View PostSPIDER000, on 07 November 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

 

Remember battle of Moscow, when Germans had to attack?

Top average scores were above 700 and that was just for attacking with a very specific planes.

 

Now, when you can chose your plane and also defending counts, it may get little higher... Ok, 1 000 is maybe too much, but my guess is around 900 average for top positions in mastery. I can be wrong, just guessing.

well then i think i wont be able to get this time in top 5 :(



CaptainAim #33 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:33 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5651 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014

View PostPRESS_2_for_Skill, on 08 November 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

well then i think i wont be able to get this time in top 5 :(

You will, even if I will do my best to stop you :izmena:.



PRESS_2_for_Skill #34 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:37 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Conquest Member
  • 2928 battles
  • 28
  • [-IRON] -IRON
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015

View PostCaptainAim, on 07 November 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

You will, even if I will do my best to stop you :izmena:.

come on man dont try to stop this noob :(



CaptainAim #35 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5651 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014

View PostPRESS_2_for_Skill, on 08 November 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

come on man dont try to stop this noob :(

Since you will be flying the xf I won't have to. Will we clash a few times? Maybe. But I won't make it a priority for myself. Not the ego fighter type. At least I am trying not to be an ego fighter. As for your fake modesty, well you have twice my efficiency in all plane classes which makes me the noob. In this case this means you are trying to mock me. That's ok. I am not a legendary elite like you, just an aspiring player who has no skills.

 

"Lack of talent can be sometimes quite successfully compensated by perseverance." A wise man said that. So I'll have to follow along that, given my lack of competence. Good luck, you may need it in your branch to compete with those Beaufighters.



PRESS_2_for_Skill #36 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:15 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Conquest Member
  • 2928 battles
  • 28
  • [-IRON] -IRON
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015

View PostCaptainAim, on 07 November 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Since you will be flying the xf I won't have to. Will we clash a few times? Maybe. But I won't make it a priority for myself. Not the ego fighter type. At least I am trying not to be an ego fighter. As for your fake modesty, well you have twice my efficiency in all plane classes which makes me the noob. In this case this means you are trying to mock me. That's ok. I am not a legendary elite like you, just an aspiring player who has no skills.

 

"Lack of talent can be sometimes quite successfully compensated by perseverance." A wise man said that. So I'll have to follow along that, given my lack of competence. Good luck, you may need it in your branch to compete with those Beaufighters.

well idk why but i didnt even think about mocking you. I would never ever say someone noob thats for sure. idk why but you thought something which i dont even said well thats sad.

Anyways good luck with event.


Edited by PRESS_2_for_Skill, 07 November 2019 - 11:37 PM.


CaptainAim #37 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:36 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5651 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014
First battle, I get an "Awaiting players..." screen which stays on for minutes then I get kicked out and returned to the hangar with the message that my plane is cought in battle and it will return when the battle ends. Now I would like to ask why did my plane ventured into battle without me?

CaptainAim #38 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5651 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014
I have to take my words back, just seen somebody making over 1000 cp. Good luck beating that.

RoyalFlyingCorps #39 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 15769 battles
  • 1,070
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016
I should say I haven't bothered playing in these events, so my observations about capture points are entirely about the standard, random battles.  I won't be playing in this episode either, no further comment on that aspect from me.

KlausHetti #40 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 12506 battles
  • 208
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    10-06-2012

View PostCaptainAim, on 08 November 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

First battle, I get an "Awaiting players..." screen which stays on for minutes then I get kicked out and returned to the hangar with the message that my plane is cought in battle and it will return when the battle ends. Now I would like to ask why did my plane ventured into battle without me?

The answer is simple - because of a bug!

What did you do afterwards?


Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users