The things we scream at screens.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8195 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

(mostly screamed during the course of a late excursion in a mid tier Soviet GAA.)

(Targets CMD centre) - "attack CMD centre"

(screams) "No, no,.no, not you! You are a Bf110-C bot, you don't even have any bombs!!!!"

(Targets the enemy bomber) - "attack bomber" 

(Screams) "No, no, no, not you! You are a bot I-16 that's almost at sea level! Why would you try to chase off way up there?"

(Hits "Need support")

(Screams) What? Wait..You are way over the other side of the map. What's wrong with this fighter that's right next to me?

(Hits "Enemy on my tail" repeatedly - half expects a bot bomber to show up) 

(Screams) "the flames, the flames"

...and who can forget that classic (in a Japanese fighter) 

Wait...is that the battle? Way up there? Why is everybody up there? Hold on, wait for me! I'm coming, I'm on my way....

I'm still on my way.

Wait...what? Is this as high as I can get? Oh well, I guess I'll see you in a week then.

FieFaFoo #2 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 443 battles

lol..."enemy on my tail"... bot on the other side of the map reacts...always funny when there other bots near you :sceptic:

I still think it is still better than nobody reacting :D But they could make the system better if you ask me. 

Edited by FooFaFie, 06 November 2019 - 03:13 PM.

Spartan_93 #3 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1865 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostZiptop, on 06 November 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

(Targets the enemy bomber) - "attack bomber" 

(Screams) "No, no, no, not you! You are a bot I-16 that's almost at sea level! Why would you try to chase off way up there?

The bot will answer: "Because of broken stall mechanic" :P

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18117 battles
My favourite is heading towards an airfield or garrison and asking for help, only for the bomber heading towards the plant to turn around whilst the fighters continue going there...

TotalEgal #5 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20161 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
But to be honest, only human fighters head to plant... And crash there after the GAA bot got 30% of the base. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #6 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18117 battles
Or fly around looking for the “defenders” whilst being torn to pieces by the AA...

TotalEgal #7 Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20161 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Anyway, be fair to the bots. Just ensure them to be as foolish as humans - and the cause is obvious, they are programmed by them

Spartan_93 #8 Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 1865 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostAngryTotalEgal, on 07 November 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Anyway, be fair to the bots. Just ensure them to be as foolish as humans - and the cause is obvious, they are programmed by them

But bots have rules to follow

=> fighter bots attack planes and bomber/GAA bots attack groundtargets.

But humans? No rules, just chaos!

TotalEgal #9 Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20161 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Oooh there is a big rule for humans, named sanity and reason or human mind. But that has been replaced by I do what I want when I want. 

rheaghorn #10 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 3491 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View PostAngryTotalEgal, on 07 November 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Oooh there is a big rule for humans, named sanity and reason or human mind. But that has been replaced by I do what I want when I want. 

And almost systematically, it is replaced by "brainless" ! 

:(

Vladinir_Shotitov #11 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7461 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Thing I would shout at my screen (if I could - doing so would invite immediate disembowelment by blunt spoon from C-in-C Domestic, who's generally watching the telly in the next room)?

Usually - "oh great - just as I get in position behind this really manouevrable enemy fighter, my game goes into complete walkabout mode for about 12-15 seconds"  How come WoWP never throws a wibble when you're in a low-tier bomber heading over to the far corner of the map to get to the garrison that the red team have finally managed to capture?  It's always in the most frantic part of the fiercest running-goat-pluck over the central airfield/ base/ whatever.  You can hear what's going on, but your aircraft has entered dreamtime and will inevitably end up splattered before it emerges.  Hate that, yet it seems to be really frequent.

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

Discontinued #12 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

It is interesting, I was playing a few battles yesterday with a good friend and noticed he was doing this kind of thing

Flying a heavy he thought it wise to go and defend a Garrison rather the missile base 

we had 2 missile bases and two Garrisons and for some reason he believed it was a smart move to focus on both useless caps and then sit there defending them ?...Now I had to grit my teeth and try not to tell the guy off, as normally he seems to be quite observant recently he has slipped for some reason possibly age!

But as an act of Kindness and being a nice person, 

I rammed my GAA into the floor over the enemy missile cap, as i couldn't be bothered to carry his sorry A** any more.

Shh I told him I was shot down by a bot, as hes so unobservant he didn't even spot me doing the "Lawn Dart Maneuver"

But in hindsight, I realise that we often take it for granted that other people have the same levels awareness and observation skills as our selves, 

He is actually a better player in terms of dog fighting and will often top my scores, however his map awareness is poor which is why I have 5% more wins than he does, not that any of that really matters just sayin'

But there is a distinct correlation between skill as in reaction time and tactics some people can work around a weakness in one of these areassome others cant!

Also his only tier 10 is that godawful Swift which really isn't helping much!

Edited by Discontinued, 15 November 2019 - 12:27 PM.

"May cause the explode problem"

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #13 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9611 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

so its not just me that gets pissed (drunk)  at the wonderful  world of bot  love it ziptop well said 

but if you ask right at the start of the game  it works better if they live long enough to help 

Edited by paca_madaidhean, 15 November 2019 - 07:04 PM.

BravelyRanAway #14 Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4920 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Screaming at screens?.......eer...no.:amazed:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

zen_monk_ #15 Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10521 battles
  • [__] __

I have screamed and cursed and stomped my feet before, when the game was changing your respawn point. (remember when you must, must respawn at the airstrip to defen... damn, it switched me to starting point two minutes of flying away. Oh sweet memories :angry:)

Now I only curse when I'm chasing the first victory for x2 or x3, fly great, make massive xp and medals, lose and lose, and then when I'm fed up and perform meh it's a victory with me positioned in the middle of the table.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Ziptop #16 Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8195 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

After 2 days away from home for a "team meeting" (translates to death by PowerPoint) I was robbed of the will to live and having just travelled 5 hours thought a quick game or two before bed might help me catch up on all the missed "Birthday bonus bonanza" reward opportunities. 

Sadly, the fatigue and death by powerpoint left me capable of little more than Controlled Flight into Terrain and screaming at the screen. 

Mournfull #17 Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14644 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Saturday typical Saturday!!!

A winged/specialized premium German Spitfire trying to capture a plant with no enemy planes and in the same battle a winged/specialized IL2 mod dog fighting or trying to in our only captured garison!

I am sure these people just buy tokens to specialize them.

Aimless #18 Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:42 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 5240 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMournfull, on 16 November 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

I am sure these people just buy tokens to specialize them.

7 years old kid being allowed to do some battles on Dad's or uncle's account apparently.

Also, you should all focus on yer enemy more, instead of watching what your team mates are doing. Better for your team, better for your sanity. A stone old cognition, provided to you by Aimless the WG veteran. Also perfectly applicable on WoT and WoWS :B

Sidus_Preclarum #19 Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7580 battles

Ok had a guy in my last game whose performance immediately made me think about what was said in this topic :

But when I looked his profile up, oooooh boy

Spoiler

BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4920 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 17 November 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Ok had a guy in my last game whose performance immediately made me think about what was said in this topic :

But when I looked his profile up, oooooh boy

Obviously, unknown to us, ground targets in fighters is where it's really at.:P

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users