33 replies to this topic

Grison_SE #21 Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4609 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMournfull, on 16 November 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Saturday typical Saturday!!!

A winged/specialized premium German Spitfire trying to capture a plant with no enemy planes and in the same battle a winged/specialized IL2 mod dog fighting or trying to in our only captured garison!

I am sure these people just buy tokens to specialize them.

I had a guy in a speciaized 109F trying to shoot me down in my B17G with full HP. He tried 3 times in that battle. Not a good idea. 

Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

zen_monk_ #22 Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9822 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGrison_SE, on 17 November 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

I had a guy in a speciaized 109F trying to shoot me down in my B17G with full HP. He tried 3 times in that battle. Not a good idea. 

At least it all sounds historical.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Discontinued #23 Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

This hole week has been a living hell.

This event has made me back away and I'm playing just 1 or two games a day as a result of this influx of horribad players we wanted new players and we got what we wished for but it has been a curse!

The player who does not realise you can re spawn so they just exit when dying, I see these freeloaders (tank players) vainly trying to get their crates with 10k pp which they will never achieve by flying their spitfire over a mining plant, or the guy in a tier 8 bomber who makes 1.5k pp 

This has really made me quite disheartened, as I NEVER get any decent players on my team in the last few days, just the 40%ers while the other team well no one has less than 55% im getting medals left right and centre earning between 10-14k pp every single game but what happens at the last minuite we lose all our caps and they win even though we had all their bases 20 secs before?

Have they done something with the bots?

Something really has to change with the MM I had 15% wins all week due to much of what has been described already...i can honestly say i know its not me, and sometimes you just have to blame teams after teams after teams of muppets

The only planes i can win games with are tier 10's. I'm seriously considering  just walking away from WOWP and finding another game as not being able to get  a x5 for 1st win after 8 games in a row really is not fun at all stats mean nothing to me but at least a win now and then

But getting back to the title of the post i never really get angry at games i try to look at it philosophical like innit!

I said this in WOT before I think the whole win lose thing is way outdated and it should simply be based on top 3 on each team, how can a game create an environment where you hate your team mates more than the enemy?

Dont blame the newbs blame WG they came up with the whole thing !

Edited by Discontinued, 17 November 2019 - 06:08 PM.

"May cause the explode problem"

Grison_SE #24 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4609 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 17 November 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

At least it all sounds historical.

Well, yes, true. Weird playing anyway, but the A6M2 bots attacking at 2300 meters was even weirder.

Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

zen_monk_ #25 Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9822 battles
  • [__] __

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 17 November 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Ok had a guy in my last game whose performance immediately made me think about what was said in this topic :

But when I looked his profile up, oooooh boy

Spoiler

Just had a similar case. Guy was flying Ho 228, I was in XP-58. We met at the very beginning of the battle over an empty terrain - I tried to reach a far away factory to prevent an early bomber cap - I tried to run to reach my goal but the guy came after me. OK, let's dance, I killed him. A few minutes later he came over the said factory, ignored my bombers who were there but came straight at me. This time it was a bit riskier for me, my plane was crippled and on 3% of health but nevertheless I managed it quickly. Asked the guy "Wanna try the third time?". No reply. The game ended soon, roflstomp for us, and I wanted to see his score and how come I survived the second duel when a single glancing shot would have killed me... and found this:

Spoiler

Aimless #26 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4476 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 November 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Just had a similar case. Guy was flying Ho 228, I was in XP-58. We met at the very beginning of the battle over an empty terrain - I tried to reach a far away factory to prevent an early bomber cap - I tried to run to reach my goal but the guy came after me. OK, let's dance, I killed him. A few minutes later he came over the said factory, ignored my bombers who were there but came straight at me. This time it was a bit riskier for me, my plane was crippled and on 3% of health but nevertheless I managed it quickly. Asked the guy "Wanna try the third time?". No reply. The game ended soon, roflstomp for us, and I wanted to see his score and how come I survived the second duel when a single glancing shot would have killed me... and found this:

Spoiler

This must be a new member of the WG staff  :trollface:

levlos #27 Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6466 battles

What I prefer of all are the durations of the gameplay with each plane:
7 minutes

7 minutes

5 minutes

2 minutes...

I can't wait to have him/her in my team :)

PS: question. How can you have only those planes played. How much money must you pour in to get the gold to go stratight to tier VIII like this ? I am curious.

Edited by levlos, 19 November 2019 - 10:26 PM.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

zen_monk_ #28 Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9822 battles
  • [__] __

View Postlevlos, on 19 November 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

How much money must you pour in to get the gold to go stratight to tier VIII like this ? I am curious.

E 50 each. x4 = 200.

No need to research anything. Just open an account and go binge shopping. To his/her's credit, it's very specific. Only Germans tier 8. No fussing and messing about with tier 1s or anything...

Edited by zen_monk_, 19 November 2019 - 10:39 PM.

Frateras #29 Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10200 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

"(Targets CMD centre) - "attack CMD centre"

(screams) "No, no,.no, not you! You are a Bf110-C bot, you don't even have any bombs!!!!""

That remembers me of my beginning in 1.9

I always used heavies to attack ground targets in a constant altitude that let me touch the top of the trees. :izmena:

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

maxram68 #30 Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:06 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 4012 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostFrateras, on 19 November 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

That remembers me of my beginning in 1.9

I always used heavies to attack ground targets in a constant altitude that let me touch the top of the trees. :izmena:

An approach like that might have resulted in various comments (mostly insults, I guess) in battle chat as well as afterwards... :)

However, these days (post 1.9) it seems perfectly normal to do so.

...although I must admit my jaw dropped - hard - on the keyboard the first times I saw that after returning to WoWp again. That actually made me scream at the screen... :D

Side-question: previously (before 2.x), mounting any kind of  "extras" (bombs/rockets) had a rather huge impact on the planes flight characteristics (f.ex. handling it became more...difficult...), but now it doesn't seem to have a huge influence, correct ?

GonerNL #31 Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12472 battles

View Postmaxram68, on 20 November 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

correct ?

Yep.

As far as I remember, in 1.9 it was much more realistic.

When you loaded bombs or rockets, you got less speed and/or maneuverability, but after using your ordnance the effect was gone until it reloaded. You could even specify how many rockets you wanted to load and impact was accordingly.

Now ordnance only influences speed and after dropping, the effect stays.

maxram68 #32 Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 4012 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Thanks for the clarification.

zen_monk_ #33 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9822 battles
  • [__] __

The things we scream at screens.

...when the last defense plane needed to switch the base becomes immortal.

Ziptop #34 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7209 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

The things we scream at screens.

Slow soviet GAA. Mid tier battle, Desert map, Only 3 sectors and only one of them strategically important. Just capped the only mining plant on the map. Great start to the game. It looks like an easy win. 

Enter stage left...the entire red team. Looking mean and hungry. 

Exit stage right...the entire blue team....leaving the slow ground attack aircraft behind to the mercy of the red team. 

Result? Predictable. Unable to flee the sector fast enough all blue team attack aircraft die and in doing so contribute to the almost immediate exchange of Mining plant from Blue to Red. Which Red team then defend for the rest of the battle. 

In fairness, blue team defend their only remaining (and strategically unimportant) sector valiantly and in numbers for the rest of the battle with armchair air marshals consistently commanding that all aircraft pay attention to that sector. - it was probably this that made me scream at the screen the most. I may also have become somewhat salty in battle chat. For which I offer my humble apologies. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users