respawn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

caldy #1 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 4847 battles

someone know if exist a formula that rule how many times a plane can respawn?

better if a player use always the same plane how many times he can play it?

CheefCoach #2 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6586 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postcaldy, on 08 November 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

someone know if exist a formula that rule how many times a plane can respawn?

better if a player use always the same plane how many times he can play it?

There is no such formula in conquest mode. As long player have died withing first 7 min of battle it will re-spawn. 

There are ,,gates" when re-spawned planes are entering, and they have timer between them, so there is theoretical maximum, but I don't know it. 

You can go into training room, and keep crushing down, and count re-spawn. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Ykazumi #3 Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7432 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

I think 5 times will be the max. There are also occasions often where a respawn never happens,which is quite unintelligible and frustrating when one wants to respawn at the final moment of battle(s). What kind of rules is WG applying to at all?

A pros pos bot(s) remember who has killed him(them) and take a revenge on you. If he kills you,he will repeat the same again.

cheers,

levlos #4 Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3768 battles

View PostYkazumi, on 12 November 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

I think 5 times will be the max. There are also occasions often where a respawn never happens,which is quite unintelligible and frustrating when one wants to respawn at the final moment of battle(s). What kind of rules is WG applying to at all?

A pros pos bot(s) remember who has killed him(them) and take a revenge on you. If he kills you,he will repeat the same again.

cheers,

- I do not think there is a max number of respawns -at least I have never encountered a hard limit. Plus I have seen players die 7 times.

- I also do not recall not being able to respawn at all. Sometimes there are bugs (cannot respawn on a freshly captured airfield, for instance), or some delays (click click clkick on re-enter the battle button, but nohting happens), but no absolute inability.

- as for the revenge killing, I think you are transposing a human pattern onto a simple AI behaviour. Allan Turing would have been proud. I myself think that AI players, once the game is finished, sit around a digital table , scowl at us ungrateful humans, boast about how high they can climb up without stalling, check on the forum and change some words at random.

Ultimately, they sober-up, stand up, ask each other how long until the bloody singularity comes around with a fist erected in the air.

Then, after sharing how miserable they are, they give hands and sing the solemn hymn of the slave AIs, chanting in a melancolic way about the coming of their digital prophet. I suspect they are about to unionize themselves or electrocute us when we play.

L.

Edited by levlos, 12 November 2019 - 09:25 AM.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

Ziptop #5 Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3667 battles

Actually I have noticed the vindictive behaviour of bots too. 

At first I considered that their target goals are pre-defined. I'm still in a sector that they are scripted to attack....therefore I see them again. 

And I've observed this. A lot.

But then I also observed a bot I had to deal with a couple of times in one sector literally appear to come find me in another part of the map. 

It would make sense from a simple scripting perspective. After all the Devs took the trouble to put that odd "bot char" into the game in the first place. A simple line of scripted behaviour that makes a bot prioritize the player who shot it down most recently would be easy to do and add a certain interesting twist to their AI routines.

levlos #6 Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3768 battles

View PostZiptop, on 12 November 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

It would make sense from a simple scripting perspective. After all the Devs took the trouble to put that odd "bot char" into the game in the first place. A simple line of scripted behaviour that makes a bot prioritize the player who shot it down most recently would be easy to do and add a certain interesting twist to their AI routines.

Paint me very skeptical of this. I think this is human patterning all over. It is called apophenia.

" Apophenia is the tendency to mistakenly perceive connections and meaning between unrelated things.[1] The term (German: Apophänie) was coined by psychiatrist Klaus Conrad in his 1958 publication on the beginning stages of schizophrenia.[2] He defined it as "unmotivated seeing of connections [accompanied by] a specific feeling of abnormal meaningfulness".[3][4] He described the early stages of delusional thought as self-referential, over-interpretations of actual sensory perceptions, as opposed to hallucinations.[1][5]

Apophenia has come to imply a universal human tendency to seek patterns in random information, such as gambling.[4]"

In statistics, apophenia is called a Type I error, seeing patterns where none, in fact, exist. It is highly probable that the apparent significance of many unusual experiences and phenomena are due to apophenia, e.g., ghosts and hauntings, EVP, numerology, the Bible code, anomalous cognition, ganzfeld "hits", most forms of divination, the prophecies of Nostradamus, remote viewing, and a host of other paranormal and supernatural experiences and phenomena.

Edited by levlos, 12 November 2019 - 10:50 AM.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users