when ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #21 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10646 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

no problems but I see wot has  great offers for this month    bots can cope again 

houghtonbee #22 Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8446 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 04 December 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Most of the bugs/decos I were experiencing still were there with the compatibilty mode but almost disappeared since I've decided to refrain myself from ever alt-tabbing out of and back in this game.

Same here, compatability mode seems to have reduced disconnects but not elimimated them. Alt-tabbing is a game of Russian Roulette, you're ok to do it 80% of the time when in hanger, NEVER when loading in or out of a battle, and maybe 30% of the time whilst in flight.

zen_monk_ #23 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10906 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 04 December 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

. Plse point my ignorant nose in the right direction ...

Maybe this will help.

http://forum.worldof...262#entry599262

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

GonerNL #24 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14213 battles

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Like I told before, I am actually still running Windows 7 and have several problems. So my Windows 7 has different versions of drivers compared to compatibility mode ?? Nah ...

win 7 compatibility mode sometimes helps to reduce a number of issues 

as many of them might appear because of different versions of drivers and other software

So I'm still very curious why this seems to help one or two players, but doesn't work for others at all.

Edited by GonerNL, 05 December 2019 - 10:45 AM.

zen_monk_ #25 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10906 battles
  • [__] __

That's a good Public Relations way of saying: "Yes we know of the issues with Win10, drivers and all, but right now we can't do a thing about it. Understaffed, not on the list of priorities. So use Win7 Compatibility Mode, it will help - we have a lot of feedback on it".

I'm on Win7 too and spent months here baffled reading about bugs - disappearing ground targets and whatnot - while I had none of it. Also, running Win7 is one thing, running Win10 with Win7 compatibility another, and various Win7 versions and drivers etc the third.

Above you have PR-veiled advice from WG: use Win7 compatibility. It won't hurt, and we have a lot of feedback it helps.

After all this, why are you so hellbent to prove it does nothing at all?

Edited by zen_monk_, 05 December 2019 - 10:55 AM.

GonerNL #26 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14213 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 05 December 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

After all this, why are you so hellbent to prove it does nothing at all?

Oh, I don't think I said it does nothing at all ?!

It just does not help for the most irritating bugs ; disconnects before/after battle and game crashes and you still enter battle. The visual/graphic bugs could indeed be solved ...

zen_monk_ #27 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10906 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 05 December 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

It just does not help for the most irritating bugs ; disconnects before/after battle and game crashes and you still enter battle. The visual/graphic bugs could indeed be solved ...

OK, we are getting somewhere.

Win10 users, run Win7 Compatibility and all visual/graphic bugs will be solved.

What's left? Disconnects before/after, game crashes, and for me occasional rubberbanding, lags. It is something different. And here's an interesting observation - pay attention, not my conclusion but an actual observation over months and months - all the mentioned nastiness I get when game tries to put me in a game with players from Western Europe, from the left side of the map. While if I play with humans from my region, the right side of Europe (imagine a vertical line from (and including) Poland to Croatia, anf then all the countries right all the way to Tukey) all is fine, those games don't crash on end, nor do I have lags & disconnects.

So my conclusion upon that observation is: it is geographical. Why it happens, what confuses the server, how does it connect us and what bugs it IDK, but might be useful for WG to know.

Edited by zen_monk_, 05 December 2019 - 01:51 PM.

GonerNL #28 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14213 battles

So what would that mean for me, being in Western Europe ?

That I have a good chance of having problems when I play with players from the eastern part .. problem is that I can't see where everybody is from. Guys that are on the forum I know more or less, but all those others ... :sceptic:

Btw : I get disconnects and crashes on the 3 other servers too. 

zen_monk_ #29 Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10906 battles
  • [__] __

Here on EU server if I play with Eastern part of Europe (where I am) all the games go well. For starters they start :teethhappy:, they end nicely without crashes and I have no lags/rubberbands. All perfect.

But every time (but literally every time) I play with known forumites from Spain, France, UK, your Holland, I have problems. The most benign ones are a packet loss or two, it can be lags (especially if we have Spain in there) or crashes at the end. So it's fair to conclude the crashes at the start go into this category too.

Again, these are observations for EU server. Meaning the allocated space for Planes acts up, on all servers. But it's up to WG to do something, these observation from above only might help them to locate the problem.

BravelyRanAway #30 Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5050 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostGonerNL, on 05 December 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Like I told before, I am actually still running Windows 7 and have several problems. So my Windows 7 has different versions of drivers compared to compatibility mode ?? Nah ...

To fix any drivers that may not be picked up by the average Joe to be updated, I recommend a free one---> https://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html , it does the same as the paid version except that you have to do each driver update manually, whereas the paid one does them all with one click.

Even so, this will find drivers to update that you didn't even know you had, it's takes a bit of time but at least you only have to do it once and it takes about 20-40 minutes depending on the amount of updates and your connection. Just be careful to read before you press for each update to make sure it's updating each driver to the latest and not doing a roll-back(which can happen with a very small few drivers).

It should help speed up your computer a bit anyway.

You can then delete the Slimdrivers program(which I did/do) to stop it updating itself as it's not needed....just download it again in the future should you need it and repeat.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Ziptop #31 Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

Windows 10 - now running game in Win7 compatibility mode.

Outside of major issues with the server I rarely get actually disconnected from the server. I can't think of a recent occurrence of "unable to connect to server" type kick that wasn't a global issue that many were experiencing at the same time.

This was true before and after switching to Win7 compatibility. 

I do occasionally get bad load into battle. I think these mostly occur with a client crash. Restart into battle either crashes the client again or loads me into a battle with no plane art, no target markers on anything, no gunsight etc. 

(This may occur also during a battle at respawn without a client crash happening) 

This is relatively rare though.

I don't know why this happens. For sure the client crashes are happening on my side mostly eh? So that is their software on my OS environment.

What else needs to happen when you load into battle or respawn? I should imagine that data packets with info about aircraft/pilot/art etc have to be shared alongside a fair bit of other stuff. Whatever, something breaks down and the client doesn't present the battle properly, or even my own aircraft.

I do get lag, very rarely. I can even play on US servers or the EU servers from exotic far away locations (Dubai for example) on hotel WiFi. Sure, the ping is dreadful but packet loss lag not so much.

Any lag I would experience under these or even normal circumstances I would attribute to a server or a route issue as well as (possibly) my own network drivers or load.

I have in the past experienced stutter in the game. There was also increased packet loss at the time but this was also something else, almost like a frame drop video stutter. Rolling back a Windows update fixed this immediately.

I used to get missing target markers 100% of the time at the first sector I attacked..

Win7 compatibility mode resolves this. 

Are all issues related to Windows 10/Windows 7? No, clearly not. 

Have some of my issues been resolved by it or fixed by Win update or driver update rollbacks? Yes.

Are some of the lag issues I've experienced caused by server load? Hell yes. The most I've seen those was during the busy periods of the Birthday event.

I don't have the answers to everything, hell, I'm not even sure I'm asking the right questions half the time, but for me the game runs pretty well most of the time anyway and Win7 compatibility definitely fixed at least one issue where I saw immediate changes.

My main gaming rig and even my laptop are both extremely capable so even games notorious for memory leaks, save game bloat, high graphics memory or CPU load etc tend to run ok for longer. So, I'm not the best placed to fault find issues which may be caused by that sort of thing because it just doesn't manifest itself as quickly on my hardware.

All I can do is offer my observations and see if anybody else observes the same thing (and hope that those issues which the developer CAN resolve at some point are addressed)

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #32 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10646 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

cheers guys even blindfold says run win 7 

haven't been kicked of for ages  but missing  ground targets and  lag is still bad 

haha did a compatibility check and it says run win 8 :)???

will try and let you know 

Edited by paca_madaidhean, 05 December 2019 - 10:11 PM.

BravelyRanAway #33 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5050 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postpaca_madaidhean, on 05 December 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

cheers guys even blindfold says run win 7 

haven't been kicked of for ages  but missing  ground targets and  lag is still bad 

haha did a compatibility check and it says run win 8 :)???

will try and let you know 

I'm guessing that the problem is lack of staff to upgrade the game to run properly on Win10. The game was set up to run on Win7 and since WoWP's is running on a skeleton staff, they just squeeze everything into what they have and hope for the best.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #34 Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10646 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

ok ran windows 8 over the week end (chat banned again ) 

still  lag and missing ground targets   but the game if I can say this feels smoother 

no warp  speed  and zombies  and a few good games 

better than last week where crap connetion  saw a win rate of 37 %  lol 

ps . thats why I got a chat ban :)

GonerNL #35 Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14213 battles

Got several game-crashes & disconnects and some endless-queue-of death ... not more than usual.

These EQoD are horrible, you have to alt-F4 and start again, then end up in a battle that is already halfway. At least with crashes your plane won't be launched into a game, it seems.

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #36 Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10646 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

ok bad night tonight  bad lag and unplayable games

so  I even have friends playing and  according to chat they are offline 

sights moved and I to aim by tracer  can we have a comment from the staff  please 

seams to be at the time when the  eu are all playing  : (

can we remove the bots :)

Edited by paca_madaidhean, 11 December 2019 - 08:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users