Tech Tree T8s for Daily Missions

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dhansak #1 Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Hi All

Still a rookie with max tier 5 aircraft - working towards tier 6 here and there. I was ok up to tier 4 but boy do I need to learn to fly properly now!

In previous posts I had mentioned that I probably wouldn't go above about tier 6. However the Daily Missions have caught my eye - I really would (one day) like to have a go at earning tokens. Of course this means getting a T8 plane. Given that the missions seem to sometimes requires ground target damage, I guess that discounts light fighters. 

So could you recommend a favourite T8 plane that is a good fit for the daily missions? Ideally.....

1) Fun (subjective I know)

2) Is in a line where most of the planes en route are ok - or at least don't have a lemon that will have you playing it just to be glad to see the back of it

3) This is a stretch - maybe has a worthy T10 in the same line. Just in case I get addicted for the next couple of years and find I wish had chosen another T8 to work towards because there was a gem at the end of the line.

4) If possible select from the US, UK or Japan Lines

5) I would consider a Premium T8 but I reckon I need to learn the ropes by actually playing my way up to the tier so I will have learnt some skills.

So far I have enjoyed light fighters, multiroles and heavy fighters. I am bad at all of them but getting gradually less so! I have not played bombers or attack planes yet. I still have a vague leaning to wards turn & burn but realise that is probably an unlikely trend in this scenario.

Thanks for your advice :)

raketak_ #2 Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8389 battles

Hello

Question is if you want fulfill all missions. You can skill one mission per day - and I strongly recommend do this. Don't fulfill only because game offer mission to you :)

For planes. First try obtain vampire for missions. I don't say that this is best plane, but is one of better premium planes.

From tech tree I can recommend Spitfire. Tier 8 is last fun, 9 and 10 are not as good.

Blohm und Voss P.210 is fun planes (with rockets - you need rocketeer skill). Again tier 10 is not good.

I like Japan multirole line, J7W1 and tier 10 J7W3. They are bad again bombers, but great again GAA. And turning almost as fighters.

I see that you play Hurricane line, if you like this, tier 8 can be good choice too (use bomb for destroy GAA can be fun).

For heavy, I cannot give you strong recommendation. Simply, you need a lot of self control and I miss this. I start all time turn and this is bad.

If you take decision try GAA, I recommend Soviet line. But as I say, you can skip missions which you don't like.

And remember that first is fun, not tokens

Dhansak #3 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Thanks for the advice raketak :)

I fully agree that first is fun! I only got interested in the tokens to help me skip past missions in the quest for the Vampire and XP-55.

The Japan multirole line looks promising - with the T8 and T10 being ones you like. What is the T10 like in the Hurricane line? I liked the t4, but not so much the T5. Am hoping I will like the t6 better when I eventually get it!

Meanwhile I will carry on unlocking the Japanese A6 line. I only left it to hop across to the KI line as the A6 line didn't lead to a t8 fighter. However I will continue now, knowing that leads to the Shinden!

Cheers :)

raketak_ #4 Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8389 battles

Honestly, I play only tier 6 and 10 from Hurricane line. And only for event. Tier 6 was very good, Tier 10 is good again bombers and GAA. But I cannot make this cannons works. I will specialize plane to see if this help.

Generally, multirole are week. fighters can kill you by turning and heavy by hit and run. For this I recommend only Japan (are more like fighter).  Im not able with Hunter kill Messerschmitt Me P.1101 (one of best tier 10) player. If you meet only GAA / HF or bombers Hinter is fun.

With more experience you, will find what is fun for you. I love Zero from start, with time you will find that is slow and you all time arrive too late :)

btw, for tokens I recommend tier 9 and 10 Soviet GAA. Token is for 400 capture points in battle (not as hard), for 400 points in one fly (hard), for 14000 personal points (not hard). tor this master... Is faster that missions.

one update:

not hard/hard take as opinion of player with 20x more battles that you. And dont play GAA under tier 8 :)

Edited by raketak_, 25 November 2019 - 06:31 PM.

Dhansak #5 Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:16 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Thanks for the further info raketak_ - will look at the Soviet GAA line too. It will be a long time in the future before I acquire any t8 or above - but I hope to learn a lot along the way. Thanks for pointing out some good paths worth taking :)

rheaghorn #6 Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 3297 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View PostDhansak, on 25 November 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

Thanks for the further info raketak_ - will look at the Soviet GAA line too. It will be a long time in the future before I acquire any t8 or above - but I hope to learn a lot along the way. Thanks for pointing out some good paths worth taking :)

hi,

il20 when all upgrade is a nice plane. Full armored and pilot & rear guner OP is like ... B32 : unstoppable :)

GonerNL #7 Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10072 battles

From the US lines, the Pancake is a nice plane, despite being nerfed some time ago. Good for missions as it can kill planes and ground targets.

The grind is pretty hard, P-38's and F7F are not easy, but I still came to appreciate them.

Ziptop #8 Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4495 battles

Best tech tree T8? Probably the Spitfire XIV. It's a good, well balanced "all rounder" that is easy to fly and get kills with. 

A good "well balanced" Premium T8? Seafang. As a multirole you can take on limited elements of ground attack daily missions* and trimmed for agility it will hold its own against a lot of the other things in the sky.

*To start doing T8 in all dailies pretty much requires 1 of each class. But to get involved in a lot of them could probably be done with a fighter and a bomber.

Regarding the IL-20. Yes. It's ok. But it requires a lot of investment. It's a long and painful grind to the IL-20 and even with a 7+ skill crew I find I frequently have 30 seconds on a sector before I evaporate and respawn. 

(my fully upgraded, one step from away fully specialized IL-20 with a 7 skill screw has an average "killed per sortie" rate of 2.2 - that's just a little north of 2 deaths per battle which isn't bad, but it has taken a long time and a lot of effort to manage that. A stock IL-20 with a poorly trained crew will see a much higher death rate. Once something see's you it is pretty much all over, but this is true of all Ground Attack aircraft.)

The T8 GAA I have a lot of respect for when flying as a fighter or multirole is the German Me-329, I don't own one so I don't know how they feel to fly, but I see them capping sectors and I try not to tangle with the front or back end too much. 

A few people I've met in game are swearing that the Ho-229 prints money. But, it's a Premium and it costs REAL MONEY to buy and it too is just a fighter and to be honest I don't have much trouble shooting them down. 

I haven't had much success with bombers. It's not really my style, but I see plenty of games won by people who use their bombers well. - so that covers your "kill 70 ground targets" type dailies. 

Edited by Ziptop, 26 November 2019 - 12:03 PM.

Frateras #9 Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8853 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

I bought a ME TL 109 and never regret it:

Was my only plane which I used in the higher tiers for a long time. It needs a pilot with 8 skill points at least. 

Edited by Frateras, 26 November 2019 - 07:21 PM.

Das einzig Gefährliche am Fliegen ist die Erde.

Wilbur Wright (1867 - 1912), US-amerikanischer Flugpionier

Dhansak #10 Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Thanks for all the further info pilots.

I have found myself hopping back and forth examining the tech tree - at times like a kid in a sweet shop, at others just feeling dementedly under-informed and confused lol - so thank you for all the help. I think I may be making matters more difficult by trying to find one plane to do it all - even in a mediocre sense, so will look at the tree more with a view to getting a set of planes that could do a specific job well. That's way into the future - still trying to decide which T6 to unlock first!

Ziptop #11 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4495 battles

View PostDhansak, on 27 November 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

I think I may be making matters more difficult by trying to find one plane to do it all - even in a mediocre sense

Sadly there is no such plane. However, a significant amount of the missions are air kill / personal points related which can be fulfilled with a fighter so that would get "your foot in the door" so to speak. 

There are some missions which specify aircraft type or are type specific (you aren't going to have much fun trying to kill 70 ground targets in a Spitfire) so for those you need to start expanding your Tier 8 fleet.

I started my Tier 8 adventures with a Tech Tree fighter and then added a Ground attack aircraft and this was scroring me enough to get by with for quite some time before I expanded into other types.

0berhessen #12 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4749 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDhansak, on 27 November 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Thanks for all the further info pilots.

I have found myself hopping back and forth examining the tech tree - at times like a kid in a sweet shop, at others just feeling dementedly under-informed and confused lol - so thank you for all the help. I think I may be making matters more difficult by trying to find one plane to do it all - even in a mediocre sense, so will look at the tree more with a view to getting a set of planes that could do a specific job well. That's way into the future - still trying to decide which T6 to unlock first!

The recommended Spitfire should be a good choice.

If you fly it often enough, then specialize it, upgrade the equipment, calibrate to the max. and collect as many skillpoints as possible on your pilot, it should be a killer machine! Good luck!

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Dhansak #13 Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

This advice makes tons of sense!

I will pursue the Spitfire line for my T8 fighter- half way to unlocking the T6. Would have got there sooner but got distracted by all the other shinies..... At some point may also pursue the japanese KI line to T8 - mainly because I want to engage bombers at high altitude. I get a bit frustrated when i can't help with dealing with those darn bombers! Don't know whether a fragile Ki-94-II can survive an encounter with a T8 bomber though? I gather the P51-H can also get very high but I am not enjoying my P40 often enough to consider it yet. In any case will focus on the Spitfire line for now before I spend much time on other fighter lines.

That leaves the GA route to try. Never having tried Attack Aircraft or Bombers I will have to see how they feel. I am guessing that Multiroles or Heavies (with ground ordnance) don't cut the mustard at T8? (in the context of ground target destruction for daily missions).

Thanks again for your guidance - gradually getting a path to try rather than just floundering about :)

zen_monk_ #14 Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8404 battles
  • [__] __

For bombers especially on tier 8 and above it has to be a Heavy Fighter.

Of course a light fighter will kill a crippled bomber, but if you are to hunt them, it's Heavies - a different playstye, a whole different ball game. But take it slow, it really takes practice.

Rock on in the skies :izmena:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Ziptop #15 Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4495 battles

View PostDhansak, on 28 November 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

This advice makes tons of sense!

I will pursue the Spitfire line for my T8 fighter- half way to unlocking the T6. Would have got there sooner but got distracted by all the other shinies..... At some point may also pursue the japanese KI line to T8 - mainly because I want to engage bombers at high altitude. I get a bit frustrated when i can't help with dealing with those darn bombers! Don't know whether a fragile Ki-94-II can survive an encounter with a T8 bomber though? I gather the P51-H can also get very high but I am not enjoying my P40 often enough to consider it yet. In any case will focus on the Spitfire line for now before I spend much time on other fighter lines.

That leaves the GA route to try. Never having tried Attack Aircraft or Bombers I will have to see how they feel. I am guessing that Multiroles or Heavies (with ground ordnance) don't cut the mustard at T8? (in the context of ground target destruction for daily missions).

Thanks again for your guidance - gradually getting a path to try rather than just floundering about :)

I haven't put a pilot in the Tier 8 Japanese Ki-fighter. But...once you get to the Ki-84 it's hard to go further. It's such a satisfying plane to fly that I don't want to transfer my pilot out of it and into the new thing. 

Add sights, get a pilot with both Marksman skills and...oh my! What a plane. I sort of don't want to try the next one just in case it's not as good!

Dhansak #16 Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

zen_monk_  - good to know a heavy fighter is needed to cope with bombers at that tier. Thanks for the heads up! Would the US or UK HF T8s manage the altitudes - or would it have to be the ME262?

Ziptop - wow the Ki-84 sounds special! Still working towards the Ki-61 so it'll be awhile before I get to try it too - especially as I'll be beavering away in the Spitfire line; then GAs then Heavies. So much to do :)

zen_monk_ #17 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8404 battles
  • [__] __

View PostDhansak, on 28 November 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

zen_monk_  - good to know a heavy fighter is needed to cope with bombers at that tier. Thanks for the heads up! Would the US or UK HF T8s manage the altitudes - or would it have to be the ME262?

Exactly the opposite, mate - anything except the 262. :teethhappy:

If you want to try Heavies, Germans are excellent to start. At tier 4 you have Bf 110B, one of the nicest and almost OP planes in the game. Stay there, there's no hurry. Learn the ropes, feel free to ask as much as you want, and keep it. It will be most useful in Daily missions for tokens in I-IV group. It is a proper Heavy, does all a Heavy needs to do and then some. The next on tier 5 is OKish, on tier 6 you have Me 410 as another brilliant Heavy, another keeper. Tier 7 is OKish again, and then... drum roll please, fanfares, fireworks... you have 262. One of the most iconic planes ever, "the one I was waiting for all this time".

And it's a flop. (I'm speaking for myself of course, based on mu looong frustration with the damn thing)

Great speed, power, but you won't be able to hit anything with the worst guns in the game. Slow weird trajectory, shells fly either in front or behind... you'll see. For me maybe (not maybe, for sure) the most frustrating gameplay in WoWP.  But there is a silver lining - the next one, 262 HG II on tier 9 is FREAKIN BRILLIANT! All you ever expected 262 will be.

Those are the Germans. US and UK have great, brilliant Heavies too but their stories and flop-tiers are different and it would take a lot of writing. So if you want to try Heavies, go Germans tier 4 and smile.

edit

and don't worry about the altitude, they all can climb to bomber height. the trick is to stay there, if you go down keep your full boost to climb again etc etc... HFs are totally different play style from what you're experiencing right now

Edited by zen_monk_, 29 November 2019 - 12:10 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Dhansak #18 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:24 AM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Yikes - the 262 sounds ...erm ... entertaining?  :)

Thanks for the breakdown of the German Heavy line - will have to give it a go. Don't have any german planes at all yet (oh I did get a T2 free as a 7 day reward). Just unlocked the T5 US heavy (can't remember the name offhand), and am half way through unlocking the T6 UK one (Mosquito?). Hence my focus on those countries.

RL will have me away from gaming much over the next few days - hope to have a bash properly next week!

Thanks again - cheers for now :)

unseen_strike #19 Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13824 battles
  • [LROLL] LROLL

View PostDhansak, on 29 November 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yikes - the 262 sounds ...erm ... entertaining?  :)

Thanks for the breakdown of the German Heavy line - will have to give it a go. Don't have any german planes at all yet (oh I did get a T2 free as a 7 day reward). Just unlocked the T5 US heavy (can't remember the name offhand), and am half way through unlocking the T6 UK one (Mosquito?). Hence my focus on those countries.

RL will have me away from gaming much over the next few days - hope to have a bash properly next week!

Thanks again - cheers for now :)

I'm agree with my haevy's teacher Zen. Mosquito isn't so bad, but Hornet and P1056 are better. :)