• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Aimless #21 Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2849 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDhansak, on 29 November 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yikes - the 262 sounds ...erm ... entertaining?  :)

Entertaining? For sure! Successful or at least sufficient? Oh well, it mainly depends on the situation. I love this plane! But love generally means also moments of disappointment and pain. :hiding:

Dhansak #22 Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Hi All

Back in the pilot seat again at last! Been playing with my T5 fighters (KI and Zero Japanese and US P40)  - ready for the T6 Spitfire - will buy when I have more funds.

Am still trying out other lines to see what they are like. Having a lot of fun with the T4 USSR GA - will definitely carry on with that line and see how it goes. Have yet to try bombers though.

I now have 2 T5 HFs - the UK Beaufighter and the US P38-F. I have had the former for awhile but hadn't got my skillset right so hadn't played as much. A  bit circular - poor skills -> poor results -> play it less -> poor skills stay poor! Anyway, just tried out (the completely stock) P38-F. I think it's the worst I have flown in any plane lol. Even switched to Joystick for better control - bad results though - I have no situational awareness at all - it wasn't pretty.... I thought I'd try the Beaufighter again after that experience just to see how it went in another HF. Weirdly I managed to control it a lot better.

So am happy with my fighter line(s); enjoying GA (hope it stays fun in tiers higher than 4) and struggling with the Heavies. I have taken advice here and watched much Youtube. I have a vague notion of what I should be doing at a basic level but can't get the planes to do it. I have a strong suspicion it is because I haven't got the hang of their energy management yet! 

My poor Multiroles have taken a back seat for now - will return to them when i finally etablish some sort of a handle on HFs!

KlausHetti #23 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12591 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
That's fun ... I had the same experiance when I tried the P-38F. One of the worst planes ....
After I got some heavies in high tiers and many battles in tier IV battles I did a retry with the P-38F.
You should try that,too! The P-38F will feel much better than!  

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

Dhansak #24 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

KluasHetti - ahh - it's not just me then!   I will have to try out the tier 4  Bf 110B that zen_monk_ suggested earlier in this thread - see if I can sort myself out :)

zen_monk_ #25 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8404 battles
  • [__] __

View PostDhansak, on 04 December 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

KluasHetti - ahh - it's not just me then!   I will have to try out the tier 4  Bf 110B that zen_monk_ suggested earlier in this thread - see if I can sort myself out :)

Here's a starting game you should try, seriously: imagine you're a cadet and were given an assignment. "Your mission is to never go below 1,500 m and do not engage any LFs, Multis, anything that needs going down and turning. Stay between 1,500 and 2,500, fly not loosing your boost and try to figure out where the enemy bombers will go. Chase only bombers, try to make them score 0 points. Pick other HFs only if you don't have to deviate much in direction or altitude. You are allowed to go down on the deck only when there's a lone Ground Attacker with no fighter cover, and you must have all boost in reserve to climb up and intercept those two respawned bombers."

Once you master this, you'll know when and how to break the above given rules.

Works for all HFs as a starter.

Edited by zen_monk_, 03 December 2019 - 11:28 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Dhansak #26 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Thanks zen_monk_ ! I like it!

Will try my cadet mission tomorrow :)

KlausHetti #27 Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12591 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

@ zen_monk :honoring:

@ Dhansak ...  try it iand tell us what was your experiance! :coin:

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

GonerNL #28 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10072 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 04 December 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

Works for all HFs as a starter.

Starter ? More like a strategy to keep ... It's the only way I make points in planes like the XP-58. 

Only with more maneuverable heavies like Blenheim, Beaufighter and Ki-45 I dare to go low ... good reargunner also helps.

Dhansak #29 Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 661 battles

Hey Guys

Still working my way to the T4 German Heavy. Am on T3 at the moment - will take me awhile as there are 3 planes that can be researched and I like to get everything unlocked before I move on.

Will report back when I begin my cadet HF missions on the T4, I tried on the T3 but it is too forgiving if I break the rules! I promise to be disciplined with the T4 when I get it :)

0berhessen #30 Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4749 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDhansak, on 05 December 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hey Guys

Still working my way to the T4 German Heavy. Am on T3 at the moment - will take me awhile as there are 3 planes that can be researched and I like to get everything unlocked before I move on.

Will report back when I begin my cadet HF missions on the T4, I tried on the T3 but it is too forgiving if I break the rules! I promise to be disciplined with the T4 when I get it :)

The german Tier 3 Heavy Focke-Wulff is not so bad - but the Bf110 B is much more enjoyable - just my 2 cent.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users