Tech Tree T8s for Daily Missions

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

GonerNL #41 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11904 battles

View PostDhansak, on 02 January 2020 - 07:36 PM, said:

I gather from other forum posts that the rate of fire mod for the guns is the way to go rather than the range extension? 

In this case, yes. I tried the long gun barrels, but range of the 37mm is poor anyway so it doesn't help much. Better fire rate is better.

But there are planes & guns that do better with long barrels, just try and see what you prefer.

I also added some light weight equipment for a bit of maneuverability I think ...

Dhansak #42 Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2289 battles
hi GonerNL - I went with the rate of fire for the guns and light weight airframe. Also went for the boost enhancement. I am really happy with the rof and boost - but am not sure about the maneuverability. Later on I may swap for the thrust enhancement and see how it goes. Weirdly I don't seem to be able to flip over in a vertical turn as easily as before - may just be me hopping from plane type to type and losing track of what my fingers should be doing!

redarrow66 #43 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:19 AM

Airman Basic

• 154 battles
are these aircraft missions time limited once activated?

Ziptop #44 Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6926 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View Postredarrow66, on 29 April 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

The Vampire mission? 

My understanding is that these aircraft missions are not time limited. I have the Vampire (which took me a while because I just let it happen naturally and didn't concentrate too much on chasing each individual mission) 

I presently have the other (xp-55?) active and this too I am just letting happen naturally rather than chasing the missions so I anticipate this might take a while also. 

Dhansak #45 Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2289 battles

View Postredarrow66, on 29 April 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

If you mean the ones listed as "Daily Missions" - then not as far as I can tell. I avoided these initially as I thought they meant that they were mssions that had to be completed in a day! I believe that the "daily" just means that you can swap one of them out if you don't like it once per day.

I have had these missions on the go for days (maybe weeks) at a time without losing progress.

nitemare_gary #46 Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2283 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

View PostDhansak, on 29 April 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

I have had these missions on the go for days (maybe weeks) at a time without losing progress.

And I have had one ten token mission on the go for at least one and a half years, maybe two.:facepalm: (However, it should be finished in the next few days.)

Like the top post on this topic:http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:

Frateras #47 Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:40 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9888 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
The Vampire is ok but I'm suspicious for the XP-55- Easy going- I got my own missions im thee tech-tree.

apartclassic #48 Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:40 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 23076 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Daily missions, once activated, have no time limit. If not activated, they will change after server's restart. By activation I mean making any progress in said mission. You can switch one daily mission per day (e.g. after finishing one, you can re-roll it for a new one). Therefore, if RNGesus looks on you kindly and you have enough time on your hands, it's possible to get 25 tokens per day from dailies alone (10+10 after rerolling upon completion+4+1). Add to that tokens for 1st medal a day, plus 4 odd tokens, and a hard-core token grind can net you 40 tokens a day. There are 11 class medals that reward a token a day, spread among all classes; Ace, Thunder, Winged Legend and Hero of the Sky each also grant a token. Been there, done that. Guess what - averaging 30 tokens a day it takes less than a week to earn enough (150) to buy 30 days of premium. Also paying 18 tokens per hangar slot is definitely a better deal than paying gold for it. Just sayin'. The fact that the unique missions for planes can be skipped by paying tokens has lead me to develop a token OCD. I mean OCD about tokens, because it's a real one.

Spoiler

edited for even moar of token bling numbers

Edited by apartclassic, 03 May 2020 - 07:16 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

levlos #49 Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6015 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

Speaking for myself,

I find the Vampire a safe bet for tier VIII. It is a very good all-rounder with good guns, a decent turn of speed and good maneuverability. The one default it has is a very dangerously poor performance above 2000 meters, and since you can boost yourself easily up there, you do not understand you have turned into a floating bathtub. I just find its flying a little bit dull, because everything in it is satisfying but there is no single area of exception. I often also fly the British Heavy P.1056 which is a blast with its six guns, and the monstrous  Il-20 ground attacker too. They all fulfill their roles to perfection and behave honorably against tier IX planes too.

I wonder why would anyone pick a (slower) propeller-aircraft at tier VIII, for it completely strips you off tactical mobility around the map. Yeah, you can turn on a dime, sure, but you can be boomed-and-zoomed easily and it takes an eternity to relocate.

The XP-58 I bought a couple of weeks ago is a disappointment: its canon muzzle velocity is way too low to be able to land its shells with any kind of accuracy.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

Merkwuerdigliebe #50 Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6081 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postapartclassic, on 01 May 2020 - 01:40 AM, said:

The fact that the unique missions for planes can be skipped by paying tokens has lead me to develop a token OCD. I mean OCD about tokens, because it's a real one.

May become a real issue only if your pshychiatrist will ever raise his fee to more than 50 tokens per hour, or if (Worst case scenario) he ceases at all to accept them.

The best things in life are free
But you can't give them to get the birds you need
I want tokens

Most properly sung by the flying lizards

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 03 May 2020 - 11:17 PM.

GonerNL #51 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11904 battles

View Postlevlos, on 03 May 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

The XP-58 I bought a couple of weeks ago is a disappointment: its canon muzzle velocity is way too low to be able to land its shells with any kind of accuracy.

I'm using the (US special project) reinforced bolt carriers for longer burst and higher RoF..

First had the long barrels, but that help much, range is short anyway. You have to get up close til you see the white of their eyes ...

The gas operated action might also help, but never tried it on the XP-58 ...

Ziptop #52 Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:44 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 6926 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View Postlevlos, on 03 May 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

Speaking for myself,

I find the Vampire a safe bet for tier VIII. It is a very good all-rounder with good guns, a decent turn of speed and good maneuverability. The one default it has is a very dangerously poor performance above 2000 meters, and since you can boost yourself easily up there, you do not understand you have turned into a floating bathtub. I just find its flying a little bit dull, because everything in it is satisfying but there is no single area of exception. I often also fly the British Heavy P.1056 which is a blast with its six guns, and the monstrous  Il-20 ground attacker too. They all fulfill their roles to perfection and behave honorably against tier IX planes too.

I wonder why would anyone pick a (slower) propeller-aircraft at tier VIII, for it completely strips you off tactical mobility around the map. Yeah, you can turn on a dime, sure, but you can be boomed-and-zoomed easily and it takes an eternity to relocate.

I quite like the XP-58, it flies like a fully loaded garbage truck and it's rate of fire is low enough to fly a squadron through the space between the shells but it's actually earned me quite a bit of coin and xp.

Relaxing to fly too, no twisty, turny chases at low to mid altitude. Get up high. Go find the red bombers, shoot them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users