Winter Trials

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

blindfoId #41 Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostMcTorpe, on 30 December 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

I want to buy Bf 109 E-3. This plane is in the list of discounts planes by gold, but not in the game shop (or web shop). ¿How can I get it?

It's a special plane that appears as a part of special offers and it's been listed in the discounted planes mistakenly. However, these planes will appear in the Premium Shop in January together with special pilots. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #42 Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17549 battles
Blindfold says "these" because the Spitfire Ia and the Bf 109 E-3 were a pair of aircraft released around the same time as the film 'Dunkirk' and at that time they came with special "Dunkirk" pilots.  It's a really good idea that you get the pilots as well as the planes as the pilots make them much better, particularly the Spitfire.

McTorpe #43 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9691 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 30 December 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

It's a special plane that appears as a part of special offers and it's been listed in the discounted planes mistakenly. However, these planes will appear in the Premium Shop in January together with special pilots. 

Thank you for the answer.

If it coincides with my birthday at the end of January, I may give it to myself.

praashek #44 Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5061 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 30 December 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Nice to hear that. I already got the 109 E-3 and the Spitfire (which is a beast with that special pilot), but hope there will be more like this, still missing some special planes (not much, but got a few of them on my wishlist).

Ziptop #45 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7632 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 30 December 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

It's a really good idea that you get the pilots as well as the planes as the pilots make them much better, particularly the Spitfire.

I missed all the special pilots promotions but it would indeed be awesome if you could buy them (cough "recruit" them) some way, for gold or through the premium store or whatever. 

- if there is actually already a way to do that (i.e through crew recruitment in hangar or whatever) then I would love to know, if not, then being able to buy them in the store is still on my wishlist. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #46 Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17549 battles
As Blindfold said above, "these planes will appear in the Premium Shop in January together with special pilots.".

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 05 January 2020 - 09:24 PM.

Ziptop #47 Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7632 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 05 January 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

As Blindfold said above, "these planes will appear in the Premium Shop in January together with special pilots.".

Indeed. But wouldn't it be neat if you could just buy/recruit "special pilots" on their own? Maybe with a special characteristic and a fair few skill points ready to go? 

I've got quite a few planes in my hangar, some I've started playing again but their original pilots (the ones I concentrated on training and transfering up the tiers) are now crewing newer planes that I still like flying.

It would therefore be kind of nice to be able to buy a pre-trained pilot and slap them into my Yak-3 for example. 

(Actually what would be really cool would be the ability to trade in all those undeveloped 1 skill pilots that come with Premium aircraft for one pilot with 6 or 7 skill points. (But maybe that's one wish too far) 

RoyalFlyingCorps #48 Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17549 battles

Perhaps something like the crew members with skills you can recruit in World Of Tanks as rewards for completing events or missions might be an idea.  Otherwise, I suspect the WoWP team wants you to acquire boosters in order to train standard pilots.

There is a number of special pilots in the game; the two "Dunkirk" pilots, Charles Donovan and Hans Weber, for the Spitfire Ia and the Bf 109 E-3 respectively, plus the three female pilots Marina Litvyakova, Mary Loveheart and Charlotte von Staufen.  The first of these used to be immensely powerful in ground attackers, but was savagely nerfed (the WoWP team claimed "fixed") in 2018.  They come up for sale very occasionally and I'm not sure they're worth spending money upon.

This, I think, was the original appearance of the Dunkirk pilots:
https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/premium-october-dunkirk-2018/

Here is the original article concerning the female pilots:

https://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/mechanics/valkyries-attack/

GonerNL #49 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12760 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 07 January 2020 - 07:36 AM, said:

This, I think, was the original appearance of the Dunkirk pilots:

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/premium-october-dunkirk-2018/

Even sooner : https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/dunkirk-warbirds/