How the hell do i play the J7W1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Deimnos #1 Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 3399 battles
Seriously, the Shiden, while looking cool and all, and having powerfull frontal armament seem outclassed by any other fighter in its tier. So can anyone give me tips as to how this airplanes should be played effectively?

elgreco2000 #2 Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1669 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View PostDeimnos, on 26 December 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Seriously, the Shiden, while looking cool and all, and having powerfull frontal armament seem outclassed by any other fighter in its tier. So can anyone give me tips as to how this airplanes should be played effectively?

Sure I can tell you. It could be played effectively if it got back the maneuverability it use to have before they turned it into a sitting duck to all other planes.

houghtonbee #3 Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5778 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Dont get into turn fights with LF. Target other MF and gaa, dont go too high unless its safe. Focus on improving your gunsight and marksman skills and get those big rounds hitting their target, maneuverability after that to increase its advantage over other MF and HF that come into your sphere. It's been nerfed at some point but can still be a very effective aircraft against it's own tier and lower.

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17146 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Actually, if you learn the turn rates of the fighters you'll find that there are those you can outturn (not Yaks, Sabres or Las, but most others).  The key is to know which aircraft to fight.  For now concentrate on multiroles, ground attackers and stray low-flying heavies.  Don't forget to flip a sector if destroying one target with your ordnance will do it, but don't prioritise this aspect of the plane.

elgreco2000 #5 Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1669 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 26 December 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Actually, if you learn the turn rates of the fighters you'll find that there are those you can outturn (not Yaks, Sabres or Las, but most others).  The key is to know which aircraft to fight.  For now concentrate on multiroles, ground attackers and stray low-flying heavies.  Don't forget to flip a sector if destroying one target with your ordnance will do it, but don't prioritise this aspect of the plane.

The planes you can outturn are faster, fly much higher and have just as powerful guns. The others you can reach turn better. Basicaly the only planes you really feel comfortable going after are GAs. I truly believe this plane has been thrown to the dumps...sitting duck to all.

KlausHetti #6 Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14385 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I have only a general addition to that.
I does not really help to know the turn rates of the enemy fighters. You do not see the equipment and the skills of the pilot.
The only thing which can help a little bit - if your enemy is already specialized. Then a plane is probably better than the stock version.

Example:
The stock version of a tier IV Fairey Fantome premium light fighter has a value of 93 at Maneuverability.
I hav one Fantome maxed towards that characteristic (equipment and pilot's skills) with 120.
That is around 30% more than stock ...

or spoken in 360 turn time --> 7,9 sec to 6,6 sec.

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

RoyalFlyingCorps #7 Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17146 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I wonder what you are doing wrong if you've only got 120 on your Fantome.

KlausHetti #8 Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14385 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I see no more opportunities to get more.

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users