• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Vladinir_Shotitov #1 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8784 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Greetings all,

Having left WoWP for a considerable period of time post-2.0 debacle, I returned about 4 months ago and have actually enjoyed dipping-in (I have more time now that I've retired and moved to the 'forever house').  One of the things that WG put in to help dullards like me was the Combat Reconnaissance series of 36 tasks, which has been a useful source of in-game Gold, currency and other delights, as well as providing an education on the newest iteration of the game.

However, there is one task that has so far eluded completion - Crew Skills.  I have trained pilots in-aircraft and in-hangar, trained gunners in-aircraft and in-hangar, transferred crews between aircraft and yet nothing has registered on the completion tally.  What am I doing rwong, please? - keep it simple, 'cos I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Thanks in advance.

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20279 battles
I would have thought those activities would have completed the mission, but you don't mention resetting skills.  Perhaps this mission requires the crew member to be completely untrained first before it works.

KlausHetti #3 Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14747 battles
We have had that question before but I can't find it. 
As far as I remember it must be like RFC says.
You need to choose a completely new pilot from scratch ... and bring him to 100%.
Then you set the new skill and the mission is done ... as far as I remember.

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

Vladinir_Shotitov #4 Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8784 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

I'm obliged to you both for replying; like you Klaus, I did search the forum as best I could before posting and didn't find an answer (I'll keep trying, though).

I have just been into the 'barracks', found a random Premium pilot from a Christmas giveaway and given him a skill, re-set it and allocated a different one.  No joy so far as the Combat Recce task is concerned.  Looks like I shall have to take a newbie, train him up to 100% and try it that way.  Again, thanks for taking the time to help out a struggler.

spitting_bob #5 Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 941 battles

I have this issue, trained pilot from 50% +skill, mission not completed.  

In NA forums this is a reported bug WG is aware of, but has not yet fixed. Since August 2019 at least. 

Player Support responded: "Hello! Thank you for contacting us. Our developers are aware of this issue and are looking into solving this issue. I know this can be frustrating however we are working to rectify this problem as fast as we can. We apologize for any inconvenience this can cause. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask."

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/56331-mission-crew-skills-under-combat-reconnaissance-not-triggered/

Vladinir_Shotitov #6 Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8784 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Thanks for bumping this one back up, _bob - I've now tried everything including a newly-recruited pilot but still no joy.  Only really interested in a sense of completeness - which will amaze Mrs Vlad, who is constantly baffled by my ability to leave unfinished tasks and incomplete mess everywhere.

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10915 battles
  • [__] __

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 27 March 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

which will amaze Mrs ..., who is constantly baffled by my ability to leave unfinished tasks and incomplete mess everywhere.

Hey, that's my line!

:teethhappy:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #8 Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27972 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
Don't tell me you have the same generic Mrs, and she's like Potap, saying the same lines in random intervals... You do not, do you?...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #9 Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10915 battles
  • [__] __
No, I'm the same :-)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Vladinir_Shotitov #10 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8784 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Cue the (mis)quote from Python:

- "you're ALL different!"

- (small voice from crowd) "I'm not..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users