• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

levlos #1 Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4681 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

Hello Guys and gals,

I hope this message finds you all well and dandy.

I got this silly silly question: I forced myself to play bombers, because I am a filthy masochist. In order to specialize one of those utterly boring lumbering beasts, you got to get kills with your gunners, right ?
Funnt thing is that I was able to get plenty of kills using my gunners by shooting down other bombers (yeah, I use my bombers as heavies, I know), but I never get credited with a kill in such an event. If I kill a plane that attacks me, then the kill counts. I brought down 2 Ar-2 with mine in a few battles, but the kills where not counted towards the specialization at all.

So my question is: how different is killing a plane with a gunner in an offensive way different than killing a plane in a defensive way ? When does the kill count for specialization ? Why do people play bombers when they give so little experience points ? Why do people play bombers at all, if they are not paraplegic, read too many books of Georges Bataille, wear geisha balls with velcro on them or have a serious heart condition ?

I need to know :)

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

Horcan #2 Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5741 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

Only kills done with a turret counts. The german bombers have turret also in front, you can tell that by the fact it auto fire when in range ( you can also enter it with T and have better output, or at least i think  ) . The russian bombers dont have a turret in front ( tier 5-6, cant remember the rest ), you have to fire the gun manually ( you cant zoom though ), but this kills dont count for that mission. If you only have russian bombers, i recommend shredding the target with forward gun, then when its few HP left, either try to bypass it or just make a big side turn so you can finish it with a rear turret. I feel you about the bombers, but i seem to be one of the few around here, and most of the times i expressed that i got a warning point and post deleted :) .

Edited by Horcan, 11 January 2020 - 01:38 AM.

Retired from this censored BS forum

houghtonbee #3 Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:05 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4806 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
You can skip the missions with tokens in the progress screen.

levlos #4 Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4681 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View PostHorcan, on 11 January 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

Only kills done with a turret counts. The german bombers have turret also in front, you can tell that by the fact it auto fire when in range ( you can also enter it with T and have better output, or at least i think  ) . The russian bombers dont have a turret in front ( tier 5-6, cant remember the rest ), you have to fire the gun manually ( you cant zoom though ), but this kills dont count for that mission. If you only have russian bombers, i recommend shredding the target with forward gun, then when its few HP left, either try to bypass it or just make a big side turn so you can finish it with a rear turret. I feel you about the bombers, but i seem to be one of the few around here, and most of the times i expressed that i got a warning point and post deleted :) .

The soviet bombers have turrets in front at lower tiers, but when you kill a target with a front turret, it does NOT count towards specialization !!! That's what is odd. Good advice about finishing the targets with the rear turret gunners, thank you Horcan.

As for the tokens, HougtonBee, I'd rather keep them to move equipment around (which I seem to be doing a lot, it seems) than specialize a floating piece of frustrating plywood crap barn. But WG makes it a bit hard.

Just bought the tier V Petlyakov Pe-2, to see if it could be flown in a more dynamic way than its lower tiers counterparts. Points-wise, I am doing worse than the tiers III and IV bombers before it though, <sigh>. Had the pleasure of chasing an enemy Spitfire off the tail of a friendly bomber with it, though. Was the highlight of the day :)

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16630 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Goodness, that's an expensive thing to do with tokens.  You might want to define what equipment you need and buy it when it's on sale.

Also tagged with bomber, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users