• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

FlyingDutchman69 #21 Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5457 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 19 January 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

Regarding forthcoming aircraft in the game: https://worldofwarpl...s/update_2_1_1/

That's as much as anyone outside of the WoWP team knows about these aircraft, I believe.

Regarding the Yak-3T, that's been in the game a considerable time.  Here's mine:

When it will be available again is anybody's guess.

why do we need yet another spit vb premium??? what has this one compared by vb im?

GonerNL #22 Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

View PostFlyingDutchman69, on 20 January 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

why do we need yet another spit vb premium??? what has this one compared by vb im?

For the players who missed the Vb Iron Maiden marathon ?? There will never be a second chance for them ... so a plain Vb without Eddie is better than nothing.

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/aug-marathon/

And it's marginally better than the tech tree V.

Edited by GonerNL, 20 January 2020 - 12:39 PM.

FlyingDutchman69 #23 Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5457 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostGonerNL, on 20 January 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

For the players who missed the Vb Iron Maiden marathon ?? There will never be a second chance for them ... so a plain Vb without Eddie is better than nothing.

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/aug-marathon/

And it's marginally better than the tech tree V.

the techtree Vb is when elite better then the Vb IM...    so there is no nothing ;)     i can't see this plane is bringing anything   better buy the german V db605  who is a lot better

Edited by FlyingDutchman69, 20 January 2020 - 01:12 PM.

deaxter_hero #24 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6568 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Let me share my thoughts on these two aircraft:

Spitfire

Basically you get Spitfire that out-turns Zero in right configuration - you pay for that by being denied the cannons of Spit 1. That prolongs the time you need on the 6 of your enemy to kill him which in turn makes you more vulnerable to enemy fire. And you are marginally slower than Spit 1 however that is no big deal in current meta. Long story short - without Charles Donovan pilot Spit 1a is not choice to go. With Charles Donovan it is interesting plane.

Bf-109

The premium option of Bf E-3 even with Hans Weber pilot is imho not better than regular 109E. Damage of 274 vs 180 in favour of regular 109E makes the 109E-3 more difficult to justify. Even with Hans Weber pilot you get only 198 dmg. Improved 0,3 sec turn rate of E-3 and 50% increased crit chance in dive imho do not justify the downgrade of firepower for boom and zoom plane, which 109E in principal is. In one on one dogfight the E-3 should kill the E, but in current meta 109E should kill more planes in the same amount of time and thereby secure more points and better win-rate.  

apartclassic #25 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20855 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

If memory serves, I-21 is in the game already, and was present for a long time. It is however the rarest of them all, with about 1 or 2 present per server. Used to be given as a reward plane for one of the alpha phases, iirc. From what I heard about the plane, it's utterly OP at t5, being extremely fast - the downside being relatively weak armament. A lot of such reward planes were recently offered for sale (e.g. Me-210), so I'd expect this one to appear in the shop too (and being t5 should not be very expensive) or be presented as a reward again, perhaps in some marathon later this year. In any case I will surely attempt to get my hands on this one, as it is supposedly very very much wow and a 'gudplaen' overall. For anyone interested the plane was added to game's encyclopaedia about 6 months ago, so the stats are there to compare with other planes.

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/warplanes/ussr/i-21/

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #26 Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8914 battles
  • [__] __

View Postapartclassic, on 20 January 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

So appropriate to see you returned in a thread called Best of the Best :teethhappy:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #27 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20855 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postzen_monk_, on 20 January 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

So appropriate to see you returned in a thread called Best of the Best :teethhappy:

Erm.. well.. I... uhh.... Oh bother, no point pretending, I was never known for humility ;)

Edit: the forum title under my nick says it all, lol - I have absolutely zero idea what payment group 'Command Chief Master Sergeant' is in, but I'm thinking it's somewhere around Air Marshal or so *wink wink*

Edited by apartclassic, 20 January 2020 - 05:09 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

praashek #28 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2500 battles
Btw can anyone post a screenshot with description of Mary Loveheart skill Eagle’s Wings? Mary is the only one I do not have. But I dont think i need this girl in my hangar, but im not sure of exact function of that skill. From that female group, only the russian one is usefull with her skills for attack aircrafts (setting GTs on fire and moar damage and bigger blast radius of bombs and rockets), as the german one has completely useless "dazzling star" skill and better devastating in head-on attacks, which are not very common in my style of gaming, even though im playing hevies a lot.

Dhansak #29 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1607 battles

Hi praashek - may I ask how you managed to get the female pilots individually?

I have none and would really like the USSR pilot for my GA; the others are more questionable for me, so the current package is therefore questionable too! Thanks.

praashek #30 Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2500 battles

View PostDhansak, on 20 January 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

Hi praashek - may I ask how you managed to get the female pilots individually?

I have none and would really like the USSR pilot for my GA; the others are more questionable for me, so the current package is therefore questionable too! Thanks.

There was some marathon for them I think, cant remember now :)

Now I see there was also an offer in the premium shop some time ago, and there was a nice compensation (at least on US server) - too bad it is not the same offer today :)

https://worldofwarpl...ls-august-2018/

If you already have a female pilot, you willl receive gold and a pilot of the same nation with 7 free skill points as a compensation.

Aimless #31 Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3292 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I found an old article in the blog, concerning the female pilots: https://blog.worldofwarplanes.eu/mechanics/valkyries-attack/

Was that really only 3 years ago? Back then my highest tier plane was the IL-2(t) :unsure:

Dhansak #32 Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1607 battles

Thanks praashek and Aimless for the information and links - much appreciated :)

Hmm - looks like a lot better deal back then - plus a good deal more choice. Unless the crates that make up this package are stunning I think it is sensible to wait and see if anything happens with the pilots later in the year. The crate lottery thing just doesn't appeal - pity. Oh well fingers crossed for later pilot deals!

RoyalFlyingCorps #33 Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16782 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostDhansak, on 19 January 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

Since v2.x of WoWP, has it ever been possible to earn them by missions somehow? Or have they gone on sale inidivdually?

The female pilots have been available via, not a mission but a ranking event, at least once during the v2.0 period.  They required a great deal of effort to obtain.

In my opinion, since the Russian pilot was savagely nerfed ("fixed", according the WoWP team) just two weeks after that event, the bundle is extremely overpriced.  These pilots are not that special.

FlyingDutchman69 #34 Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5457 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
you could have 1 pilot free   1 of the 3    back then

Dhansak #35 Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1607 battles

Thanks for the further info guys - really does sound like a waste of money at this point. I feel for everyone who worked to unlock the russian pilot only to have her nerfed shortly afterwards - painful!

houghtonbee #36 Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:13 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4924 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I've never been convinced the German lady's special head-on ability works properly tbh. Only one of them I have. Dont see any value in these packages and wouldnt bother with them.

Frateras #37 Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9136 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
On Wot I've got this Sweethearts for free even if they had just two skill points. Nearly all my TDs are under female command now and the Tiger II got Santa as commander. So I won't spend money for this three Ladies, even with 21 Skill points.

0berhessen #38 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:32 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5074 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostFrateras, on 21 January 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

On Wot I've got this Sweethearts for free even if they had just two skill points. Nearly all my TDs are under female command now and the Tiger II got Santa as commander. So I won't spend money for this three Ladies, even with 21 Skill points.

Friendly reminder:

This is the WOWP Forum and the Female Pilots have absolutely nothing to do with the Special Crewmembers you were able to get during the Christmasevent in WOT.

Back on Topic:

Personally i already have all 3 of them from the Event back in good old times.

The ones i use a lot are Mary Loveheart and Charlotte von Stauffen.

The extra skills they have cannot be changed, but using them a lot on Premium planes, and grinding the techtree to specialize planes, i was able to develop their skills to 10 points i guess. Still not where i want to be, but working on it.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

RoyalFlyingCorps #39 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16782 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

That's the key point.  The special skills cannot be reset.  Loveheart's and von Staufen's skills were never that powerful and Litvyakova's main special skill was nerfed to the point of being useless shortly after the event 0berhessen mentions.  It's worth noting the skills do transfer to other aircraft if you put the pilots in them.

The Valkyries are for collectors only these days, in my opinion.

Regarding Charles Donovan and Hans Weber, the latter doesn't improve the E-3 sufficiently to make it competitive with the standard Bf 109 E.  The former makes a weak plane a lot stronger.  I'd buy the Spitfire Ia with Donovan on its own, but being bundled with the no more than okay E-3 would put me off.  Be warned; the special skills for the pilots of these planes do not work on other aircraft.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 22 January 2020 - 07:47 AM.

praashek #40 Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2500 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 22 January 2020 - 08:46 AM, said:

Regarding Charles Donovan and Hans Weber, the latter doesn't improve the E-3 sufficiently to make it competitive with the standard Bf 109 E.  The former makes a weak plane a lot stronger.  I'd buy the Spitfire Ia with Donovan on its own, but being bundled with the no more than okay E-3 would put me off.  Be warned; the special skills for the pilots of these planes do not work on other aircraft.

Sir, You are wrong :] only the skills "Master" for their planes are functional only in their special vehicles. The skills Final Dash [and this one is VERY usefull!] and Nosedive ARE FUNCTIONAL in ANY PLANE. At least they have to be working. Yesterday i was playing with Charles Donovan in Seafang and at least once I noticed the skill triggered as active :]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users