A Solid Bargain

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
A perfect bundle for those who want to get everything at once! Don't miss this great opportunity!

Full news text

GonerNL #2 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12498 battles

Only interesting if you don't own a lot of premiums already.

Chance of getting premium planes is pretty high with these crates ... otherwise, nah.

prawiejakzywiec666 #3 Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13159 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostCommunity, on 24 January 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

A perfect bundle for those who want to get everything at once! Don't miss this great opportunity!
<a href="https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/solid-bargain-jan-2020/">Full news text</a>

I would like to ask the staff one question. 

When you will change the premium aircrafts available to get from the boxes?

I have some unique boxes that I do not open due to the fact that the current list of aircrafts (possible to find in an unique crate) is still the same for several months.

Can you answer me @blindfold ?

Current list of premiums from the crates:

Premium aircraft

chikken

GonerNL #4 Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12498 battles

Yeah, some new planes in the 'specials' also would be nice. 

I think that everybody who wanted the XP-75 has it by now, it's been there for months ...

m249jim #5 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6430 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 24 January 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

*edited*

Why are you still here?

Agree with these crates only being good if you have no to very few premiums, WG only seem to want to give deal like this to new players, anyone who has been here from 1.9 or earlier probably has a lot of premiums, so these sort of offers aren't much good for them.

Edited by blindfoId, 27 January 2020 - 09:10 AM.
quote edited

Frateras #6 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10201 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
It's really a poor list of planes that might be won. The most of them I would sell at once

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

invader_from_mars #7 Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12037 battles

View Postm249jim, on 24 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

Why are you still here?

Agree with these crates only being good if you have no to very few premiums, WG only seem to want to give deal like this to new players, anyone who has been here from 1.9 or earlier probably has a lot of premiums, so these sort of offers aren't much good for them.

reading forum ≠ playing the game

btw i still find this very dirty n cheap that there is not a single word, a warning "NO PREMIUM PLANES FROM THE BOXES IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THEM!" 

smells like a scam, they should note this BOLD AND CAPITAL

KlausHetti #8 Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14616 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Hi Invader!
I understand it is your decision to quit playing WOWP - ok- do as you want ... you are the gamer - no prob.
But I cannot follow your reason!
Since starting to play WOWP in Oct. 2017 in every event where you could get premium planes
we were told by WG that planes you won but you already own will be compensated.
This happened to me several times.

Now you say that WG did not tell anybody in capital letters that you can not open a premium plane if you already have it.

First thing I do not understand - why does anybody want to have the same plane twice in his hangar?
What is the reason for this?
Earn "first-battle-of-the-day" twice to push your pilot/team mor quick?
Get more hangar free slots after selling a premium plane?
Sorry, I cannot find a reason - please explain! 

Second: For all new players who did not know about this
WG is explaining that like a tibetan prayer wheel somewhere in the shop area or somewhere in the forum.

Sorry - but I do not understand the background of your decision. :(

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4747 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKlausHetti, on 26 January 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

First thing I do not understand - why does anybody want to have the same plane twice in his hangar?

In WoT you get compensation in Gold if you have the same tank in your garage already.....in WoWP's, not so much. I've never been motivated to buy planes or tanks that I already have just to get a bit more gold if the tank or plane is on a discount.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 26 January 2020 - 11:59 AM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Shark1530 #10 Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7847 battles
You are so untankful, while most of you in beginning with daily missions events, starting to posting and getting immediately all this prem planes, there are some players like me which did not get even not 1 or 1 of this prem plain from daily rewards. And you are still not thankful but now you want more as you already get all of them! And you are angry why there is no new planes, really lol. haha. Although I got some of this, but only through other harder events like that 3 months marathon or some other harder events, I dont even play anymore for them, but still really people, you are not pleased? haha lol..

invader_from_mars #11 Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12037 battles

View PostShark1530, on 27 January 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

You are so untankful, while most of you in beginning with daily missions events, starting to posting and getting immediately all this prem planes, there are some players like me which did not get even not 1 or 1 of this prem plain from daily rewards. And you are still not thankful but now you want more as you already get all of them! And you are angry why there is no new planes, really lol. haha. Although I got some of this, but only through other harder events like that 3 months marathon or some other harder events, I dont even play anymore for them, but still really people, you are not pleased? haha lol..

Dear Shark, i've opened TONS of unique crates, thats why i have all of them, and let me tell you, lots of the boxes were full of useless junk, so why should i be sooo "thankful"? Because i spinned the 3 cherries like 6 times? From the available 13 planes i already owned 6-7 when this "unique crates" thing has come into the game. And yes, let me repeat myself, YOU SHOULD GET COMPENSATION IN GOLD if you open the aircraft again. Otherwise it is nasty business policy. And should have been advertised with capital red letters

Edited by invader_from_mars, 27 January 2020 - 08:55 AM.

BravelyRanAway #12 Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4747 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostShark1530, on 27 January 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Poor pet...perhaps someone will give you a hug.:rolleyes:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

InVictuS_ShaDoW #13 Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7871 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 27 January 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

Dear Shark, i've opened TONS of unique crates, thats why i have all of them, and let me tell you, lots of the boxes were full of useless junk, so why should i be sooo "thankful"? Because i spinned the 3 cherries like 6 times? From the available 13 planes i already owned 6-7 when this "unique crates" thing has come into the game. And yes, let me repeat myself, YOU SHOULD GET COMPENSATION IN GOLD if you open the aircraft again. Otherwise it is nasty business policy. And should have been advertised with capital red letters

Maybe thanks to the fact that there was no compensation for the already owned aircraft, you were able to draw the remaining missing planes? Otherwise, it would be a refund of gold and complaining that the 25 boxes did not fall out the one that I wanted / was missing in the collection?

zen_monk_ #14 Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9844 battles
  • [__] __

View PostInVictuS_ShaDoW, on 27 January 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

Maybe thanks to the fact that there was no compensation for the already owned aircraft, you were able to draw the remaining missing planes?

I am pretty sure it doesn't work that way. The game simply picks one, "oh he already has it, OK then we'll compensate with this or that". They don't do the roll again.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

RoyalFlyingCorps #15 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17261 battles
When it comes to planes in boxes or bundles, the advice is "read the small print".  Unlike WoT, where if you have a plane tank <sigh, must learn to think faster than I type> already and you receive it in a box or bundle you will be given gold compensation, this is not always true in WoWP.  Read the bundle description or the related news article carefully before buying.  In the case of some of its boxes, WoWP redraws a prize if you have won a plane that you already have, usually giving you something less valuable.  These days I don't bother with the boxes of any description because it's too much faff trying to find out if I will or won't be compensated for winning planes I have already.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 28 January 2020 - 10:20 AM.

FlyingDutchman69 #16 Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6022 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 28 January 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

When it comes to planes in boxes or bundles, the advice is "read the small print".  Unlike WoT, where if you have a plane already and you receive it in a box or bundle you will be given gold compensation, this is not always true in WoWP.  Read the bundle description or the related news article carefully before buying.  In the case of some of its boxes, WoWP redraws a prize if you have won a plane that you already have, usually giving you something less valuable.  These days I don't bother with the boxes of any description because it's too much faff trying to find out if I will or won't be compensated for winning planes I have already.

its really simple:  if a plane you are getting is a "bonus" you will not receive a compensation

GonerNL #17 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12498 battles

It's even simpler ; you do NOT get planes from these crates when you already have them ... 

(btw ; what is a "bonus" plane ?? pilots, camo, etc are bonuses, never planes)

RoyalFlyingCorps #18 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17261 battles
I think the bonus plane is the one that shoots you down from behind when you're engaged with an enemy and when you checked your tail an instant before, it was clear...

blindfoId #19 Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 27 January 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

I am pretty sure it doesn't work that way. The game simply picks one, "oh he already has it, OK then we'll compensate with this or that". They don't do the roll again.

Unique crates (like any other in-game crate consisting premium planes, for example, last year's Santa's Bags and others) do not drop planes that you already have and do not give you compensation in gold for them. Just like GonerNL says, you just get some other prize from the list. In other words, gold compensation is not implied. If it provided compensation, it would be mentioned in their description, like we always mention compensation rules for any offer.

It's done that way pretty much for the reasons that InVictuS_ShaDoW explains:

View PostInVictuS_ShaDoW, on 27 January 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

Maybe thanks to the fact that there was no compensation for the already owned aircraft, you were able to draw the remaining missing planes? 

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 24 January 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

I would like to ask the staff one question. 

When you will change the premium aircrafts available to get from the boxes?

I have some unique boxes that I do not open due to the fact that the current list of aircrafts (possible to find in an unique crate) is still the same for several months.

Can you answer me @blindfold ?

There are no plans to change the contents of Unique Supplies in the near future.

View PostGonerNL, on 28 January 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

(btw ; what is a "bonus" plane ?? pilots, camo, etc are bonuses, never planes)

Actually, there've been and will be special offers that include aircraft that come as a bonus (=they are not compensated). 

zen_monk_ #20 Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9844 battles
  • [__] __

Guess I worded it wrong. I  said "compensated with this or that", never implied it has to be gold. But my point was the game doesn't check what you already have before it makes the roll.

Thank you for a precise explanation :honoring:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users