WoWP's Monthly Deals

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

WilhelmII #1 Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

I think that It is about time it was realised by the Dev's and the powers that be at WG that the not so gullible players of this game are only really interested in the deal from them to sort out this bug infested and frustratingly broken game I state this because I truly enjoy this specific game, and I play all 3 and have done for the past 9 years, but I mainly state this for the more gullible players who fall every time for your sales pitch of getting them to part with real money for various bundles, YOU FLOG IT,  BUT YOU DON'T FIX IT!!!

Come on Dev's stop being the poor Cousin to WOT, DO SOMETHING (1 update a year is not only lazy it shows no one cares and if no one cares it could fold and all these Gullible players will lose all their goods and money) where is your professionalism?? where is your moral fibre?? if you want to be top table,  do something,  to the players I say this DON'T BE CONTENT WITH BEING FED SCRAPS if you stop buying for a while the message might get through, keep buying and they laugh all the way to the bank with SUCKERS being the motto

CheefCoach #2 Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7022 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Block Quote

bug infested and frustratingly broken game

With exception of occasional UI disappearance, broken flap indicators and rarely token bug (that they are compensating now) there isn't much of the bugs. Game isn't broken. 

Block Quote

1 update a year is not only lazy it shows no one cares

Game with such budget and number of players can't afford big development team. Updates slow down, but that could be because they are preparing some big update. 

Block Quote

sales pitch of getting them to part with real money for various bundles

But I do agree that bundles they are offering now don't worth money they are asking for them. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

WilhelmII #3 Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View PostCheefCoach, on 03 February 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

With exception of occasional UI disappearance, broken flap indicators and rarely token bug (that they are compensating now) there isn't much of the bugs. Game isn't broken. 

Game with such budget and number of players can't afford big development team. Updates slow down, but that could be because they are preparing some big update. 

But I do agree that bundles they are offering now don't worth money they are asking for them. 

!) Really???? Really  tell that to those experiencing all the various bugs Ghosting Freezing loss of all controls less direction and fire , thrust / air brake and all else not working I could go on and on , but seriously who are you trying to kid, this forum is full of fault issues never rectified.

2) So by just keeping it running, irrespective of all the ongoing issues  is acceptable to you (because they have a membership, with such a budget, what ever that means, but with only a small team ( as I said the poor cousin) but thanks for proving my point few updates bugs remain longer  and we might get a up date once a year, does that sound good business to you, and if WoWP is kept small by WG for the reasons you suggest well that means from a business angle it is running on thin ice , which enforce's my BUYER BEWARE Warning, you are only assuming on a future main update because like me you are none the wiser, so sorry you have not convinced me,

3) As I said they flog it and don't fix it and are quite happy to go overboard on the price to rake it in while they still can, as all business are run on being able to make a profit but it is false economy is to assume that you will even with a poor product, err don't think so.

WoWP's has got to compete with both external (Warthunder) and internal (WOT, WoWS) competition, for them to make excuses not to would be and is business suicide with the members suffering their own financial loses if as a result they fold. or is it just a case of "Make Hay While the Sun Shines". 

GonerNL #4 Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 03 February 2020 - 01:35 PM, said:

Well, that depends on your hardware, it seems ; until recently I played on a really old rig and had lots of problems both with GUI, disconnects, client crashes, endless queue etc ...

For the moment I'm now playing on a new gaming PC (my daughter's who just got a gaming laptop, so I can use the desktop) and funnily enough most problems disappeared ?! I guess that's the reason lots of people complain about the game and others hardly have any problems.

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16782 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostCheefCoach, on 03 February 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

There are other reasons why development stalled in mid-2019.

WilhelmII #6 Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View PostGonerNL, on 05 February 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Well, that depends on your hardware, it seems ; until recently I played on a really old rig and had lots of problems both with GUI, disconnects, client crashes, endless queue etc ...

For the moment I'm now playing on a new gaming PC (my daughter's who just got a gaming laptop, so I can use the desktop) and funnily enough most problems disappeared ?! I guess that's the reason lots of people complain about the game and others hardly have any problems.

I had my computer purpose built as a Gamer 3 years ago Intel i7 Skylake quad CPU SSD 4 GHD 16G ram Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 GPU etc etc so yes I get peeved with these game spoiling bugs as I know it has nothing to do with my rig

GonerNL #7 Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

View PostWilhelmII, on 05 February 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

I know it has nothing to do with my rig

Then how do you explain why some people have problems and others do not ?? If everybody had game-breaking problems, people would have stopped playing it long ago ...

To me it seems that the game client likes some hardware and OS-versions better than others. 

Edited by GonerNL, 06 February 2020 - 08:00 AM.

zen_monk_ #8 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8914 battles
  • [__] __

I had my computer purpose built as a Gamer 3 years ago Intel i7 Skylake quad CPU SSD 4 GHD 16G ram Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 GPU etc etc so yes I get peeved with these game spoiling bugs as I know it has nothing to do with my rig

It has everything to do with your rig.

The thing is, this game was last time truly optimized for high end Win7 capable computers, their drivers and stuff. (like one I play WoWP on) All that came later was hurriedly slapped on the original code - something works fine, something not so fine.

So having the high end modern gaming PC is no guarantee it will run right. You might hit a jackpot with hardware/drivers/oldWoWPcodding, or you might not. I play on a "i was mighty 6-7 years ago" Win7 rig (from the time they did the original final optimization) and don't have a single problem you describe.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

GonerNL #9 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 06 February 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

I play on a "i was mighty 6-7 years ago" Win7 rig (from the time they did the original final optimization) and don't have a single problem you describe.

Your mileage may vary ... I did have problems on a rig like yours and almost no problems after switching to a new Win10 machine.

WilhelmII #10 Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

All this is very well but we diverse so let's get back to my beef at the start of the thread, OK we all know of the various bugs glitches etc that have been on going for longer than we can all accurately remember, and due to the apparent small team at WoWP (Re CheefCoach) this all my take a while if ever to get anything resolved, ah well that is that and we have to accept it I suppose, which I why I buy nothing other than Hangers and Cam Paint. 

That all said it does not detract from the daily roll up roll up new floggy floggies to be had you mugs you, like the latest one "Rare Catch" bundles, OK great for those who decide to part with their money their choice, but what about the poor grinders, when do they get a deal,  like aircraft discounts they normally have to wait months between deals while the 1st week players buy their level 8 planes and go spoil it for those who have played a while whether by grind or grind and buy along the way.

when do the loyal grinders get some action?? or is it that in this business the grinders are just the side line as the main focus is on floggy floggy to some, NOT all of the gullible, and I did say SOME NOT ALL! yes if there looks to be genuine movement to solve these issues and I get convinced WoWP is definitely hee for the long term then I will start to buy, but so far in 8 years I still remain unconvinced, 

Edited by WilhelmII, 09 February 2020 - 04:44 PM.

WilhelmII #11 Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View Postzen_monk_, on 06 February 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

It has everything to do with your rig.

The thing is, this game was last time truly optimized for high end Win7 capable computers, their drivers and stuff. (like one I play WoWP on) All that came later was hurriedly slapped on the original code - something works fine, something not so fine.

So having the high end modern gaming PC is no guarantee it will run right. You might hit a jackpot with hardware/drivers/oldWoWPcodding, or you might not. I play on a "i was mighty 6-7 years ago" Win7 rig (from the time they did the original final optimization) and don't have a single problem you describe.

You confirm my point WoWP has not kept up,  Win 7 is old school now,  Win 10 is here and will be well after Win 7 is dropped,  so it should be in the interest of WoWP to keep up now hurried at first it might have been but Win 10 has now been out a while, so what shall we call it? Lazy, Complacent, Lack of Focus, or just plain no one gives a damn.

zen_monk_ #12 Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8914 battles
  • [__] __

View PostWilhelmII, on 09 February 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

You confirm my point WoWP has not kept up,  W

Ehhm... only thing that's confirmed is you were dead wrong with the part bolded below:

I had my computer purpose built as a Gamer 3 years ago Intel i7 Skylake quad CPU SSD 4 GHD 16G ram Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 GPU etc etc so yes I get peeved with these game spoiling bugs

as I know it has nothing to do with my rig

Yes it does.

Edited by zen_monk_, 09 February 2020 - 10:39 PM.

GonerNL #13 Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

So why does it run just fine om my new setup with Win10 ? And not on my vintage PC with Win7 ?

Quadcore I-5 7400, 16GB memory and GTX 1060 ...

Edited by GonerNL, 09 February 2020 - 05:53 PM.

zen_monk_ #14 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8914 battles
  • [__] __

Because your new setup Win10 somehow fits, while the vintage one Win7 doesn't - something in there is not up to server liking.

It has to do with your rig.

What, I don't know. My old WIn7 rig works perfectly, don't have 99% of the things you described. Why is that so, I don't know. Other guys have different rigs and setups, someone suffers more, someone less, but it depends on your rig. Of course it's WG's fault, unfinished lines of codes, not updated, yes it is their fault. But what we have now ad have to be content with - because they are not doing any updating - is it depends on your rig.

GonerNL #15 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 09 February 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

It has to do with your rig.

Now, if we only could find out what's the crucial component that makes Wowp run smooth ...

zen_monk_ #16 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8914 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 09 February 2020 - 11:21 PM, said:

Now, if we only could find out what's the crucial component that makes Wowp run smooth ...

As old drivers as possible.

It would be to long to explain why, but my rig I play WoWP on has drivers old at least 4 years. Some even older.

ASUS B85-PLUS

ASUS GEFORCE GTX 750 ti

Intel i5-4460 3.20 Ghz
8 gb ram
64 bit

Win7 Ultimate

All this with drivers as ancient as possible to function at all (auto-update drivers disabled from the day one, 5-6 years ago) ...and the game works perfectly. Occasional disconnect which I contribute more to server.

So my guess would be the ancient drivers, from the time they did the last serious code optimization.

GonerNL #17 Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles
But on my new rig all drivers are recent ... and still I have much less bugs than on my old rig  :amazed:

WilhelmII #18 Posted 10 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View Postzen_monk_, on 09 February 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

Ehhm... only thing that's confirmed is you were dead wrong with the part bolded below:

Yes it does.

Errr no it has nothing at all to do with my rig, I keep every driver, and I mean every driver on my rig bang up to date, one so I can play anything I like and 2, by keeping them updated it also applies OS system fixes for your specific make of GPU, you exist only on luck by not updating, but just because you are not updating and making you think by doing so your WoWP runs fine, it might but it will fail elsewhere.

That said let us be clear,  I never once said I personally was experiencing any of these bugs,  I was referring to those that are, which they document on here, which was my point initially, that people pay real money for goods of various kinds, so is it really to much to expect the WoWP team to get their damn finger out and do something real positive to sort these game issues that people are experiencing, as to me personally I find it annoying to read all this Floggy Floggy, but no Dooie Dooie in other words, all take and no give.

To reward failure of any kind is a road to chaos.

If any of you want to keep all your rig and OS drivers up to date (Less GPU as that is maker specific as in my case GForce Experience)  at the press of a single button, then I recommend  downloading the FREE "Driver Booster" by IObit current version is 7, this does it all for you, and it only deals with drivers past and approved by Windows, which covers most parts of your hardware. (click the button and it scans the whole of your rig in literally seconds it then shows you what drivers need up dating and you choose either to update all mentioned or choose specific then just click again and "Wa La" all done all up to date, totally fast, efficient and effortless.

I have used this now for over 5 years, and it has served me so well, as in truth do we know where every driver is, some might and it would take an age to do, both to find and update each one individually

Edited by WilhelmII, 10 February 2020 - 11:45 PM.

zen_monk_ #19 Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8914 battles
  • [__] __
And yet, the game runs perfectly on my rig, but not on yours.

The same game, downloaded and installed from the same source, on the same server.

So this claim of yours...

View PostWilhelmII, on 10 February 2020 - 01:34 PM, said:

Errr no it has nothing at all to do with my rig,

...is absolutely wrong.

On my rig it works, on yours doesn't.

WilhelmII #20 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4048 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View Postzen_monk_, on 10 February 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

And yet, the game runs perfectly on my rig, but not on yours.

The same game, downloaded and installed from the same source, on the same server.

So this claim of yours...

...is absolutely wrong.

On my rig it works, on yours doesn't.

OMG will you for God sake READ what I have written, see my 2nd paragraph which starts, "That said, let us be clear" but in short if you still don't understand.  I, that's me, am not personally experiencing any problems with the game, just read what I said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users