Suggestions for Multiroles

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Ziptop #41 Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5890 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

Mmmm. The A7M reppu. A fine choice for a sky samurai that loves twisty, turny air combat.

Its...."a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age"  but..."hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid"  - and that's EXACTLY what the Ki-84 is!!! 

Slap a pilot with marksman skills in there (both 1 and 2 for fun) and enjoy the ride!!! The guns are just insane.

Dhansak #42 Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

Ziptop - Oooooh .... sounds good :) Half way to the Reppu ... and meanwhile the blaster is ready to purchase  - yeehaa! 

Have got lost in chasing missions - when I have finished just one more  ... I will return to get the KI84 and play planes that I lurv like the ME410 that I bought and haven't played with much - because I have been chasing the darn missions (tokens, Vampire etc)

On the plus side, in missioning I have discovered MRs like the XP44 and US T4 Buffalo (F2A?). I  had been trying to  get Flying Raider badges and was failing in my t4/5/6 UK MRs but got great results in the XP 44 - got my 10 in the end! The next stage was requiring 2 Kozhedub (sorry about the spelling) medals. The one with 5 kills after the squall line. Got one straight away in the Buffalo - yay! Will see how long it takes t get lucky again....

I think the XP44 will be a keeper - unless the next in line (P47 B?) is even better!

levlos #43 Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5085 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View PostDhansak, on 12 February 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

I think the XP44 will be a keeper - unless the next in line (P47 B?) is even better!

Oh , you were the naughty one that shot down my i-17 with your XP-44 this morning ! You did well in there :)

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

Dhansak #44 Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

View Postlevlos, on 12 February 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Oh , you were the naughty one that shot down my i-17 with your XP-44 this morning ! You did well in there :)

Lol thanks!  if I remember the right match, I think you were the pilot kicking butt with about 12k personal points? Didn't know an I-17 could do what you did with it!!  :honoring:

levlos #45 Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5085 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

Oh, you remembered me ! The polikarpov i-17, that wonderful like flying origami, only kicks the butt of those unwise enough to danse the macabre valse of death with it. No, wait, don't change page yet, I only meant that you don't try to dogfight it. Just climb, let it stall, come back and gently remove each wing, vertical surface and engine as you would delicately pick off a petal from a beautiful rose.

Crap, I mis-jugded the dose of opium.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

Dhansak #46 Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

View Postlevlos, on 12 February 2020 - 10:30 PM, said:

Oh, you remembered me ! The polikarpov i-17, that wonderful like flying origami, only kicks the butt of those unwise enough to danse the macabre valse of death with it. No, wait, don't change page yet, I only meant that you don't try to dogfight it. Just climb, let it stall, come back and gently remove each wing, vertical surface and engine as you would delicately pick off a petal from a beautiful rose.

Crap, I mis-jugded the dose of opium.

Lol - sounds just the right dosage to me :)  

GonerNL #47 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11053 battles

View PostDhansak, on 12 February 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

Depends on what you expect from it ... the Jug is even less maneuverable but it is fast and has a bit better altitude.

Also it has a shitload of ordnance, rockets and bombs while in the other US multirole  line you have to choose. It really is a fast GA ... 

I did the whole line - at F-84B currently - just because they are so iconic (except XP-72), but it's a hard grind. I still did not get any of them specialized because I just can't get enough enemy kills with them. Remember that line has machine guns only, the other line has 20mm's.

Did you get the US Valkyrie ? She's ideal for it.

CheefCoach #48 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7050 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Block Quote

Did you get the US Valkyrie ? She's ideal for it.

Ideal for what? In order to she get her bonus, you need to be around -70 degrees dive and speed that are approaching dive speed (or fast). In P47N I am dropping my bombs and pull up very fast in order not to hit the ground (and I have done that, hit the deck). 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

apartclassic #49 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:02 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20870 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
I'm actually using her occasionaly, and I find the skill pretty good. It's sort of situational, because you need sufficient altitude reserve before you go into such a dive (and it's hard to have that in the heat of the battle, but easy on the first cap you enter). When it engages though, it's a significant difference. Just keep in mind it only increases the damage done, not the radius, so if you go for a small target - halves the ordnance needed, if the target is big - you still need to cover the area. Interestingly enough she works fine on my rental IKEA, rockets do hit harder and the icon for the skill works just fine (as there was a discussion about those icons being bugged recently).

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Dhansak #50 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

GonerNL - interesting. At this point I am still enjoying machine guns only - but at T5. My other planes at higher tier have chunkier guns - so don't know how i will fare at higher tiers with just dakka! 

I do not have the female pilots yet. In fact I was really looking forward to getting them but was disappointed when they became available recently . They came in a package with a pile of other stuff I wasn't interested in at a hefty pricepoint of £30, so I passed. Hopefully they will will become individually available at a reasonable cost in the future. 

By the way - is the XP72 a poor plane? I have seen several people single it out in a not very positive way. Don't know whether it's because it's very different to rest of the line or it's just not very good?

RoyalFlyingCorps #51 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16810 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
The whole of that line is difficult, in my opinion, and the XP-72, if anything, is one of the better planes in it.  However, it’s not strong.  Many would say it’s tending towards mediocre.

GonerNL #52 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11053 battles

XP-72 is good at destroying ground targets - like the P-47's - and targets of opportunity like GA also over the sector.

I think I started that line with armor equipment and demolition expert skill and later switched to speed builds.

If there are fighters around, I get the hell out ; quickly deliver my goods and then head somewhere else. You can look around for mid-alt bombers, GA and heavies, but avoid anything else. The next on the list, F-84B, is a bit more maneuverable than the previous planes and you can try to dogfight.

Dhansak #53 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

Thanks guys. Hmm .. I think I may pause at the X44 for now. Have lots to pursue down the USSR GA and Japanese Ki lines in any case! May revisit the UK MR line later too - got as far as the Tornado but it didn't light my fire. It's that subjective factor that changes a plane from functional to fun. If I need to scratch the MR itch I do enjoy both sets of T4 and 5 US MRs and that's fine!

levlos #54 Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5085 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON
If you like multi-roles, do fly the Japanese Ki-45 and Ki-102, they kinda behave like ones, except that they eat the other MR for breakfast ! The ki-93 is not my cup of tea though (30 rpm 1100m gun ? no thank you)

Dhansak #55 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

View Postlevlos, on 13 February 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

If you like multi-roles, do fly the Japanese Ki-45 and Ki-102, they kinda behave like ones, except that they eat the other MR for breakfast ! The ki-93 is not my cup of tea though (30 rpm 1100m gun ? no thank you)

Hey that's weird - was watching you tube videos on that line today - knew absolutely  nothing about them before!  HFs than behave like MRs? - sounds like a flavour I've got to try! As luck would have it, on my way down the Ki fighter line I did research the Ki 45 before I moved on. Thre may be another purchase coming on - though I have just bought the T7 Ki fighter (yay first T7 Tech Tree plane I have acquired) so may be peroccupied for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up :)

prawiejakzywiec666 #56 Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11255 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-
Ki 84 Hayate is a very powerful mid alt fighter. Enjoy!

chikken

Dhansak #57 Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1734 battles

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 14 February 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

Just took it out for a flight yesterday - very nice! Looking forward to upgrading it :)

Ziptop #58 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:54 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 5890 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostDhansak, on 16 February 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Just took it out for a flight yesterday - very nice! Looking forward to upgrading it :)

Thought you might like it.  ;-)

Back on the Multirole discussion, I've had my F4U-4 out a few times recently and....I actually have had lots of fun in it.

I'm sure I wasn't a great fan before. But it's quite lethal. 

I probably mentioned in the thread already that I mostly don't fly my MRF's with external ordnance but treat them more as boom and zoom energy fighters. This works pretty well in the Corsair with the advantage of reliable weapons and reasonable (not great) maneuverability.

(Or maybe I just enjoyed it because I've only flown Soviet multi's for a while and the ability to get higher than hedges and trees and go quite fast was a refreshing change.....) 

Edited by Ziptop, 25 February 2020 - 02:58 AM.

apartclassic #59 Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:04 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20870 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 14 February 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

No no no, Hayate is much more than that - Hayate is Fluffy!

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users