Flying Raider - what am I missing?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dhansak #1 Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles

I'm at the point in the Vampire missions where I have to get 10 Raider achievements. I found these threads and thought I'd understood it:

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/personal-points/

Sector Attack Destroy or make a major contribution to destroying an enemy aircraft or a ground target within enemy sector limits. 100 (PP)

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/52366-personal-aircraft-type-specific-missions/

Multirole fighters

Spoiler 

I assumed worse case that enemy sectors were those already owned by the other team, not neutral sectors.

I played a couple of games tonight where I attacked enemy sectors whenever possible - usually I would defend a sector in my MR once it had been captured. The first time I failed to get the Raider badge, the second time I succeeded. These are pictures of the post match results. I can't interpret the results clearly enough to understand the difference in capture points. Apologies if it's obvious - I may have been staring at them too long!

Failure;

shot_001.jpg

Success:

shot_003.jpg

Sorry the images seem very small - but they seem ok when I right click on them and open  in a new tab. I won't know if this has worked till I post it! I guess the trick is to understand why the capture points are different? I  think all my a/c kills were in an enemy zone but I can't be sure....

Thanks for your help :)

GonerNL #2 Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

I knew there was a discussion about that badge some time ago :

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/54873-flying-raider-badge/page__pid__764551#entry764551

and this, look under multirole fighters

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/52366-personal-aircraft-type-specific-missions/

Edited by GonerNL, 09 February 2020 - 01:14 AM.

CheefCoach #3 Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7022 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

First link is irrelevant here. 

Second one:

Every class type have 3 mission, and you get graded from 0 to 5 for each of the mission. When you achieve 5 points, you are getting some small medal, like Raider. That is grade I. So you need to fully complete the mission. To get that you need 300 capture points. So Next one is, what are those?

Every sector hold certain number of points you need to get in order to capture it. When somebody in you team do that, you are adding points, when enemy team member do it, enemy team is getting points/your's team points get reduced. That is not important for medal. Important thing is how to get those points:

-Killing defensive bot is giving you 40 points. You must be the one who kills it (last shot fired).

-Killing enemy plane will give you 60 points. 

-When sector is capped, and only after it is unlocked (so when GT appeared), after 30 sec of capturing, every enemy plane you kill in defense gives you 40 points. {But for this particular mission this doesn't count!}

-Destroying GT will give you from 15 points to 80 points. 

small unarmored...15 pt

medium unarmored...20 pt

small armored...20 pt

medium armored...30 pt

heavy armored/command center...50 pt

armored workshop/rocket command center...80 pt

repair base gives you 0 pt

And this leads to the discussion of ordinance from the other page. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Dhansak #4 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles

Thanks for the links GonerNL - think I had read them but didn't take all the requied info in - doh

CheefCoach - thanks again for the detailed breakdown. This will help me focus on the most efficient way to get points. I have a feeling that when I was engaging enemy team planes, I was too target fixated and followed them out of the sector I was attacking. I have frequently been surprised about where I've ended up lol! 

Will have to check the mini map more often; I do so quite a lot already but do stop as soon as I engage - will have to correct that!

apartclassic #5 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20855 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostDhansak, on 09 February 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

. I have a feeling that when I was engaging enemy team planes, I was too target fixated and followed them out of the sector I was attacking. I have frequently been surprised about where I've ended up lol! 

Will have to check the mini map more often; I do so quite a lot already but do stop as soon as I engage - will have to correct that!

It's a very good point. Engaging red team outside of sectors does not contribute to some of the achievements/chevrons. It usually is effective per se, but if one is looking for some particular things done (daily missions, plane missions), most of it has to be done within cap boundaries. You do have that info on screen all the time, being shown above the aiming reticle - so it's a matter of getting accustomed to paying attention to this bit of info (in addition to all other stuff, right?...). Not to mention the fact that kills in attack/defence are 'worth' more in points and experience than kills somewhere between sectors.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Dhansak #6 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles

apartclassic - of course! - don't have to check the mini map for that particular piece of info at all! - doh.... thanks for pointing that out. Will have a serious chat with my brain cell :)

CheefCoach #7 Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7022 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Block Quote

I have a feeling that when I was engaging enemy team planes, I was too target fixated and followed them out of the sector I was attacking. I have frequently been surprised about where I've ended up lol! 

Good. As soon as you break chasing bot, bot will turn and come after you. 

If you want those raider medal, what you need to do is attack sectors, as much as you can; and kill heavy defense bots before light one if you can. And medals will come. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

blindfoId #8 Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Dhansak

Well, everything is well explained above. Basically, you need to destroy enemy planes as well as ADAs and ground targets when you capture a sector (it doesn't matter if it's red or neutral). Just make sure you destroy an aircraft while you are inside the sector and it is not locked (there's no locker sign over it). For that particular achievement, you need 300 Capture Points when attacking in a single battle. 40 CP for ADAs, 60 CP for enemy planes, some points for the last hit on the last section of a ground target (from 15 CP to 80 CP, depending on a ground target type). 

Dhansak #9 Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles

CheefCoach - yep going more on the attack now - managed to get another 2 Raider badges!

blindfold - yes everyone has been great explaining things to me - in this topic and in general (I tend to ask a lot of questions!). Also thank you for your concise confirmation of what I need to do. I wasn't sure about the attack on neutral sectors also counting, you cleared that up!

I now have 5 of the 10 Raider badges required in the Vampire missions - thank you all for your help  :)

Dhansak #10 Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles

Got my 10! - woohoo (and phew!).

Again - thank you all for your help  - you and the marvellous XP44 got me there!

Cheers :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users