Lavochkin La-11 ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10983 battles

Saw that Genoli said on RU forum the La-11 will be in the shop in February.

Anything special about it ?? Compared to the tech tree La-9, also tier VIII, it has a bit better maneuverability but only three 23mm's (La-9 has four).

maxram68 #2 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2494 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

My 2 cents:

Compared to what you already pointed out, there's no big difference.

...and it's certainly not something that makes the La-11 stand out as being fundamentally better (or worse) compared to the La-9.

Don't expect the La-11 to be some off-the-chart-insanely-OP premium like other premiums (Xp-58 and that tier IX US thing comes to mind, among others).

If you know the other La's - incl. the 9 - then the La-11 is just another plane in that pool.

I got the La-11 pretty quickly after it was introduced in 1.x and was perhaps expecting a little too much in relation to "premium vs. non-premium performance" - and got disappointed.

...but that might be me. I (still) prefer the La-9.

I've taken the La-11 for a few spins recently, and still don't see/feel/experience any significant difference compared to the La-9.

...apart from the benefits (credits, xp) that comes from using a premium, ofc. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #3 Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16782 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
The La-11 is average at best and not as good as the regular tech tree counterpart.  One for the collectors, I would say.

houghtonbee #4 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4924 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Mine has a special place in my heart and I enjoy using it but I wouldnt pay the full price. Won mine when it was first introduced, it was my first high tier premium :) . As RFC says it's inferior to the 9, guns over heat way too fast and lack accuracy. Well out of it's depth when it meets tier 9s.

jakub_czyli_ja #5 Posted Yesterday, 07:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5549 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Kind of crap.

So bad, that WG once after introducing 2.0 gave it after fairly easy set of grind. At the same time XF4U was removed from the shop due to low firepower.

Comparing to La-9 - less firepower, less speed/boost (La-9 has extra rocket engine), a bit more maneuverability.

As a bonus - low optimal altitude (which combined with low speed doesn't allow to accumulate much energy), so when battle moves from 1 to 2km, plane becomes pretty useless.

Annoying and requiring a lot of attention to fly, annoying as an opponent in dogfight, but after applying boom'n'zoom, and delivering some critical damage (engine - even less speed, wing - far less maneuverability, pilot - lol firepower) and then La-11 is done.

I think it may be hard to find worse tier VIII premium planes for money. Maybe I-260, but I don't have, so I judge only from outside of that free frag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users