• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

0berhessen #1 Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5655 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Posted Image

The easiest to start with, but yet the trickiest to understand.

As this map is kind of different from the Rest.

I tell you why, the key to win this map is holding 2 of 3 sectors over the time the battle lasts.

No matter on what side you start, try and attack the Garrison first, then defend it!

If your Spawn is in the south, your bots and possibly teammates will automaticly go to the airfield.

You should go to the Garrison instead.

Depending what Sector is conquered first, the Bombersquadrons from the Commandcenter will attack that sector first.

Personally i always ignore those Bombersquadrons, but attack the single Bombers and Groundattackers instead, and of course anything else that is red over the own Sector.

If your Spawn is in the north, it is the same!

The Commandcenter can be taken by own Bots or Teammates, concentrate on the Garrison instead.

Because the distance to the Garrison is a bit bigger from the north Spawn, it might be the Garrison just turns red if you arrive there. Wait for the timer to countdown and attack it under all circumstances.

Because remember, always have 2 Sectors under control!

Lets discuss this, maybe someone has a better Strategy?

Edit: i just noticed the north Spawn is moved to the West side of the map

Edited by 0berhessen, 19 February 2020 - 11:58 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

GonerNL #2 Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12728 battles

First of all ; I hate this map !!

For some reason they mostly use it for low tiers, so slow planes having to travel huge distances. If you're so unlucky to have picked a GA and land in this map, well ... no use trying to sneak in, over sea  everybody spots you. 

But your strategy is sound. Try and hold the 2 sectors when south and try to capture 1 extra sector when north.

I've seen some funny results on this map ; when south doesn't intercept the bomber stream, they quickly lose a sector. And when south has some human bombers who fly north immediately to attack and take the CC, it really gets funny.

It all depends on the make-up of a team and if there is any coordination.

Btw ; when I attack the garrison after it has turned red, I don't wait for the timer. I try and take out the reds over the base (they often already have some damage from AA and ADA) as quick as possible and wait for the easier ADA kills.

TotalEgal #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 17991 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Being north can be somewhat harder. So an additional idea is to support the bomber squadron and then hold the bombed base. 

0berhessen #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5655 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 19 February 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

.. when south doesn't intercept the bomber stream, they quickly lose a sector...

Nope Bomber-Streams from my experience  are as overrated as Airfields!

Sure they damage a sector, but the single mostly bot-bombers (and GAs) seem the tip on the scales.

If you are able to control the single bombers, by intercepting and prevent them dropping their deadly freight additionaly, the sector stays blue.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

GonerNL #5 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12728 battles

Not in my experience.

I've seen bomber streams flip bases in one run ... on this map too. The only way to prevent that is to shoot some bombers so only 2 or 3 remain.

Edited by GonerNL, 20 February 2020 - 09:44 AM.

0berhessen #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5655 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 20 February 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

Not in my experience.

I've seen bomber streams flip bases in one run ... on this map too. The only way to prevent that is to shoot some bombers so only 2 or 3 remain.

All i can tell is, if i stay over the Garrison to defend it, the bomber stream is rarely able to flip it.

I keep on focusing the incoming single bombers.

Every time i shot one over the sector the blue circle gets some refill (if there is a withdraw because of damage to groundtargets or shot down friendly planes).

Mind that this strategy works in the current state of the game with all the bots, im pretty sure it will be different with more humans in every team.

atlasapl #7 Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3452 battles
God. I do loathe this map and layout. Plus I always get it in a tier 5 and as such it takes forever to bloody get anywhere.

jakub_czyli_ja #8 Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6176 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
Another load of Cargo Cult, and IIRC red team starts on left side.

RoyalFlyingCorps #9 Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17422 battles
The "Ocean" map image isn't actually 'Archipelago: Decisive Blow'.  I think 0berhessen adapted it to resemble the map under discussion.

Frateras #10 Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10335 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
I agree with Oberhessen. It's the best strategy for light fighters. Even if a base get lost because of the bombers it is easy to shoot down three or four bots in a minute or two and conquer it back. For Heavies it might be a bit different. It's not so easy to kill three or four light fighters so fast and if there are no bombs it might become difficult. One human player can stop your attack. So I would try to shoot down some bombers if all the other enemy planes are done, but wait with a light fighter to conquer it back.

Edited by Frateras, 21 March 2020 - 05:45 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users