Daily Missions and Tier system

Daily Missions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Daily Mission Changes Poll (9 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to change the Daily Mission Tiered Grouping

1. Yes! I like the first variant! (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Yes! I like the second variant! (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Yes! I like both variants! (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

4. No! Bombuhr, you've taken way too much cough medicine! Stop it and get back to bed! (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

5. No, But I would like something different: (Post your idea!) (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Hide poll

bombuhr #1 Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4289 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone else would be interested in a "small" change to the Daily missions.

I'm specifically thinking about the tier grouping:

I-IV

V-VII

VIII-X

I'm not that big of a fan of any plane at tier IV.and below to play it that often that it requires to complete a daily mission.

However i'm in love with planes at tier V, VI and VII.

I know this is my very own personal preference and those thoughts may not be shared by many. But since I'm home sick with the flu I got nothing better to do than to indulge in my feverish hallucinations. :)

So the simple Idea i had was to change the tiered grouping into by simply moving tier V to the first group:

So it would just be like this:

I-V

VI-VII

VIII-X

I wouldn't mind this variant eighter:

I-V

VI-VIII

IX-X

So what do you guys think?

Edited by bombuhr, 20 February 2020 - 12:22 PM.

andrew3142 #2 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9161 battles
Both suggestions are an improvement (IMHO) but how about removing tiers 1 to 3 completely from main mission set; and giving them their own, independent daily rewards? That way, there is no need for experienced players to slum it in the very low tiers but newbies can still collect some rewards/tokens

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9498 battles
  • [__] __

No.

It would stay more or less the same, broken.

Separate token awards per tiers:

Tier I-IV for 1 token

Tier V-VII for 4 token

Tier VIII-C for 10 token

or at least scale the requirements according to tier group capabilities.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

CheefCoach #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7443 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I would go with V-X or even VI-X as single category! 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9498 battles
  • [__] __

Whatever, just as long as it is segmented with rewards according to tier.

As it is now, newbies CAN NOT MAKE any tokens - no planes in VIII-X group.

As it is now, veterans ARE FORCED to play in low tiers, with all the inevitable clubbing

As it is now, NO ONE IS HAPPY

Separate Token rewards in three groups - low, mid and high. So if you have only tow tier planes, you can earn 1 by 1 by 1, achieve the middle group and it's 4 by 4 by 4...  Everybody can participate, all will have the incentive.

What we have now is fundamentally broken against new players in so many ways.

GonerNL #6 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11937 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 20 February 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Everybody can participate, all will have the incentive.

And you can just keep seal-clubbing and get 15 tokens !!  :B

levlos #7 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6051 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

We have to think about what are the needs of players according to their experience and levels:

- beginners (seals) need materials and some crew XP to improve their planes and pilots. They also want medals like everyone. Giving them tokens to accelarate specialization is not a very good idea, for it will make them go up in the tree too fast, before they develop their skills

- veterans (clubbers) want tokens to specialize their high-tier airplanes, medals and money to buy expensive modules. They want to be in the hall of fames to compare the lenght of you-know-what. They relish rare medals, tokens and feats. They have tons of materials already, and their crews already have tons of XP.

The simplest way to avoid seal-clubbing is to make them not meet.

- Give to the tiers I-IV materials and some extra crew XP, plus some simple medals. No hall of fame. No tokens. Experienced players will not want any of those.

- Give high tiers more money, tokens, hall of fame, shiney medals and feats. Materials as well of course.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

zen_monk_ #8 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9498 battles
  • [__] __
Oh yes, suggested million times before... HoF should count only from tier IV or V up (and I would add only a single player battles, no flights). It would eliminate sooo much clubbing.

FlyingDutchman69 #9 Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5855 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
all suggestions would be nice  but...…   there will be no change at all due to the low playernumbers

atlasapl #10 Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3268 battles

I dislike playing tier 4 or below. There are some fine planes down there, I just don't like playing there. Maybe the lower tiers (1 to 3) should be restricted to players with less than a certain number of games. If a vetran want's to play a line they haven't played before, they start at the first tier after the restricted zone.

The restricted zone has single tier matchmaking to make things as easy as possible for beginners.

On a different (but related) point. I have held the belief for a while that tier 10 should be restricted to only playing other tier 10's. Maybe tier 9 & 10 together.

Oh, and get rid of HoF all together. It serves no positive purpose.

Edited by atlasapl, 20 February 2020 - 04:41 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #11 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5890 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Real problem with weekly missions is their lack of balance.

Frags, GTs, assists seems to be bit simpler on low tiers, exp harvesting much, much harder.

Missions to harvest XXk exp are quite common, and take much more (boring) time playing tiers I-IV than tiers VIII-X, because of experience multiplication.

That stupidity does damage on both sides - players are frustrated, because they could spend time in game better playing other planes, and poor newbies on receiving end are just slaughtered for peanut exp that need to be harvested.

From my experience harvesting 25k exp requires some 20-30 battles with low tiers, and 10-15 with top tiers. Middle are whatever, there are plenty premium planes to train crews.

Simple scaling requirement down in low tiers and scaling up on highest, to take same number of battles should reduce frustration level.

Of course, if some WG bean counter decides to scale requirements in middle and high tiers to low tier values, (20-30 battles), it won't work.

I think about reducing requirements to ~20 battles in each group, which would be like 20/25/40 k exp.

And same for all other imba missions.

Ziptop #12 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6951 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

Unlink the missions. Make it possible for those with only low tier planes to earn some tokens too. 

Think that unskilled players will use tokens to update their planes? On 1 token per daily mission? 

Most new players are struggling to get enough together to afford hangars! (A lesson I recently learned on my US account which I play without premium or gold. You are basically stuck in the low tiers grinding at a really slow rate simply because the economy isn't so rewarding down there.) 

Of course, if you are going to throw REAL money at it, into gold etc then, well you can buy your way up the tiers too fast anyway. So that makes the "no tokens for noobs stops noobs polluting higher tier games" a bit of a non argument.

Also tagged with Daily Missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users