What was your biggest achievement today?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

ThinderChief #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

First time out with the P-80. No equipment (out of dosh). How I finished first, I have no clue, was once saved by a teammate because I couldn't get rid of a BV P210 (?!?), shot down once.

As it is, I love the Aircraft, it suits me very well, I can't wait to have some more points on my pilot and equip it properly. Worth the investment.

Vladinir_Shotitov #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9752 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Off-topic?  I don't think so - this is all about bragging over a match in WoWP - there's already a thread for that: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/49129-best-games-in-20/

No need for a new thread in the rwong forum at all.  Oh, and that time of day, how many human opponents were you up against?

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

ThinderChief #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 23 February 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Off-topic?  I don't think so - this is all about bragging over a match in WoWP - there's already a thread for that: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/49129-best-games-in-20/

No need for a new thread in the rwong forum at all.  Oh, and that time of day, how many human opponents were you up against?

I captured two caps, this should be enough for you and it's not about the best game of the year but what players have done today. Thanks for posting relevant comments next time.

Siagor #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 12016 battles

View PostThinderChief, on 23 February 2020 - 09:53 PM, said:

I captured two caps,

Well this calls for an epic poem. Please accept this gift.

Oh mighty ThinderChief, bless me and hear me, ThinderChief!

A lotus springs forth from your navel, your hands churn the oceans,

in three strides your feet encompass all the worlds.

The drum of your glory strikes terror in the hearts of your enemies.

Upon your right hand is the wheel of the law.

You tether catastrophes, using a snake for rope.

You know every tactics in game

against every different kind model airplane.

You fought unvisiebel sneaky snake sniper jak1

three times in a turn fight over demon's lair

and captured TWO CAPS!!!

Whats more, all in an offensife!

Hail! See fit to accept the apology of your humble priest, a noop with stupid comment ignorant.

Show us the way.

After all, we are just ships brainless.

apartclassic #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 30782 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

how ever thanks wery match

you will teachern me how to play? god bless me

ThinderChief #6 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

Look who's trolling topics when the reality check hit them.

Didn't like the camping topic, Boyz? Your lot. You camp, I laugh.

Edited by ThinderChief, 24 February 2020 - 12:30 AM.

Siagor #7 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 12016 battles

View PostThinderChief, on 24 February 2020 - 01:26 AM, said:

Look who's trolling topics when the reality check hit them.

OK kiddo, reality check: you don't know this game, won't listen, think you're the best of the best, think you have a better understanding of this game than us all, and worst of all - obnoxious. Either you're mentally incapable to grasp what a defense is, or you're purely trolling.

You preach us all on how to play this game - you, who based all his "wisdom" in tiers III-IV-V flying Spits?!!

You brag and post average scores (made at 04:00 with zero humans) as the proof of your bestest tactics, and how majestic you are... you captured two sectors?! Imposibiru, "they all musta see this"!

Well look how it's done, and what deserves to be posted.

How's this for a reality check?

Edited by zen_monk_, 24 February 2020 - 01:34 AM.

ThinderChief #8 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 24 February 2020 - 01:26 AM, said:

OK kiddo, reality check: you don't know this game, won't listen, think you're the best of the best, think you have a better understanding of this game than us all, and worst of all - obnoxious. Either you're mentally incapable to grasp what a defense is, or you're purely trolling.

You preach us all on how to play this game - you, who based all his "wisdom" in tiers III-IV-V flying Spits?!!

You brag and post average scores (made at 04:00 with zero humans) as the proof of your bestest tactics, and how majestic you are... you captured two sectors?! Imposibiru, "they all musta see this"!

Well look how it's done, and what deserves to be posted.

How's this for a reality check?

Zero human? Why don't you try to make your little nefew laugh with your pointy hat and red noise eh? What do you think I shot down when I got rid of the bots on my own and the red tried to retake the cap? 

I know a real TROLL when I see one. Now go take some camping vacation from this topic with your pals perhaps you'll be taken seriously, for the time being, you look stupid and flaming.

As opposed to your bunch I don't pretend to know everything, but I certainly know campers when I see them, you don't like me saying? Good. I made my points.

Oh, I forgot, the Spitfire Mk IX is a tier VII and camping occurs at all tiers I played so far, thanks for the lecture but no thanks. 

And something else, geezers who have the arrogance to suggest that they own their stats to their sole "talents" and dismiss the team effort in the process disgusts me, I hope it's crystal clear to your bunch by now.

Edited by ThinderChief, 24 February 2020 - 02:23 AM.

apartclassic #9 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 30782 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

ThinderChief #10 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 24 February 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

You just shaved, yes?

I sure did hit a nerve with this camping topic, imagine if VG was to reward attacking aircraft more than those reality-denial baby seal clubbing XP farmers.

I'd love to see their stats after a couple of months of that.

Edited by ThinderChief, 24 February 2020 - 11:17 AM.

Siagor #11 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 12016 battles

View PostThinderChief, on 24 February 2020 - 02:49 AM, said:

perhaps you'll be taken seriously, for the time being, you look stupid and flaming.

What a perfect description of your appearance here  :teethhappy:

ThinderChief #12 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 24 February 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

What a perfect description of your appearance here  :teethhappy:

Yeah blah blah blah, I'm not the one trying to lecture people taking a Spitfire MkIX for a MkV and talking B.S about scoring 17 kills with no human in view during the game, you're taking your case for a standard, perhaps you're way too used to have it your way, after all between campers, you end up thinking you don't camp, just like binge drinking. Right? Reverse psychology doesn't work for you, go troll another topic, please.

Siagor #13 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 12016 battles

What camping? What are you talking about here, what irks you so much? Did something bad happened to you while camping early in life?

Besides, you came here all excited with 2 bases captured as a proof of our superiority. I gave you my 5 capped, showed what's to post if you want to brag. But you're unable to process it.

Keep on playing at 04:00 and keep posting your fantastic 2 caps WITH NO CAMPING YAAARGH!! :teethhappy: You have no idea how ridiculous you look.

Vladinir_Shotitov #14 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9752 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

I take it you didn't actually look at the link I gave you in post #2 - it's title is "Best games in 2.0"

Block Quote

I captured two caps, this should be enough for you and it's not about the best game of the year but what players have done today

I presume you misread the link's "best-games-in-20" to think it referred to the year, not the version of the game.  When he started it, then-WG representative Eekeeboo said it was to allow players to:

Block Quote

Post screenshots of your best game in 2.0, or a game you're particularly proud of. Maybe a game where you carried so hard you had to have a nap after. 

...which would fit what you tried to do with your post.  I also note that you didn't comment on the fact that your post, referring entirely as it does to a game in WoWP, is not Off-Topic at all and doesn't belong in this sub-forum.  Perhaps you'd like to move it to the appropriate area, where others can gaze on your achievements in wonder?  Or should that be "and wonder..."

ThinderChief #15 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 24 February 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

I take it you didn't actually look at the link I gave you in post #2 - it's title is "Best games in 2.0"

I presume you misread the link's "best-games-in-20" to think it referred to the year, not the version of the game.  When he started it, then-WG representative Eekeeboo said it was to allow players to:

...which would fit what you tried to do with your post.  I also note that you didn't comment on the fact that your post, referring entirely as it does to a game in WoWP, is not Off-Topic at all and doesn't belong in this sub-forum.  Perhaps you'd like to move it to the appropriate area, where others can gaze on your achievements in wonder?  Or should that be "and wonder..."

Well, at least you're now flaming this topic, thanks.

No, I was fully aware of this topic, but my intention was to start one similar to that existing in WoW, where people post their best game of the day, or what they regard as their best achievement of the day, not of the release. 

But as you can see, it went FUBAR and I can't take responsibility for that.

Vladinir_Shotitov #16 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9752 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

If you want people to post their best game of the day, it will require a new thread every day, no?

...and what is off-topic about a good game/result in WoWP?  There's only one FUBAR here, and only one person responsible.  Sadly, this forum doesn't permit thread-openers to delete their own threads.

ThinderChief #17 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 24 February 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

If you want people to post their best game of the day, it will require a new thread every day, no?

...and what is off-topic about a good game/result in WoWP?  There's only one FUBAR here, and only one person responsible.  Sadly, this forum doesn't permit thread-openers to delete their own threads.

Excuse me but you don't seem to be able to understand my English and FUBAR is exactly the sort of comment you just made.

No, it wouldn't require a new topic every day, it is done in WoW, I don't see why it couldn't be done here. You can go now...

Edited by ThinderChief, 24 February 2020 - 10:11 PM.

apartclassic #18 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 30782 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostThinderChief, on 24 February 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Excuse me but you don't seem to be able to understand my English and FUBAR is exactly the sort of comment you just made.

No, it wouldn't require a new topic every day, it is done in WoW, I don't see why it couldn't be done here. You can go now...

Some people....

To adress your litany of what's right and wrong, and what's skill:

Point 1: Sectors captured - 4 (not 2)

Point 2: Aerial targets destroyed - 16 (not 8)

Point 3: Capture points - 500 (not 320)

Point 4: Times player was destroyed - 0 (not even 1)

Point 5: Personal points - 15k+ (not 7700)

Point 6: available slots for equipment filled (unlike having all of them empty)

Point 7: available pilot skill points assigned (unlike not using any)

Point 8: Damage to aerial targets - 5.5k+ (not 2.8k+)

No, this is not a specialized plane (so no point talking about uber-upgraded etc etc). No, this isn't a multi-point pilot (has in fact 4 points only, meaning two 2-point skills used). No, it wasn't done by 'camping' any central location. Yes, it was done by switching between offence and defence when needed, thus making sure the opposing team is either busy commuting between the sectors I want them in (in case of bots), or busy trying to stop my bots from capping more sectors (in case of humans). You finished first because it is usually the case with human players vs bots, especially so when a battle is won (rest assured though, you will not be the first on the list always - oh, wait, been there, seen that).

I only played two battles today, and this one was just slightly better than the other one. You were told why this thread is not really necessary, and why your result is not that impressive. You chose to keep trolling, and offended two of my good buddies, both of whom have a lot more experience and skill with WoWP than you do. Have a look at the points I listed above, because they are more along the lines of 'gud player'. And yes, you can go now.

Oh, and let's not forget this:

Spoiler

Edited by apartclassic, 24 February 2020 - 11:48 PM.

ThinderChief #19 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 24 February 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Some people....

To adress your litany of what's right and wrong, and what's skill:

Point 1: Sectors captured - 4 (not 2)

Point 2: Aerial targets destroyed - 16 (not 8)

Point 3: Capture points - 500 (not 320)

Point 4: Times player was destroyed - 0 (not even 1)

Point 5: Personal points - 15k+ (not 7700)

Point 6: available slots for equipment filled (unlike having all of them empty)

Point 7: available pilot skill points assigned (unlike not using any)

Point 8: Damage to aerial targets - 5.5k+ (not 2.8k+)

No, this is not a specialized plane (so no point talking about uber-upgraded etc etc). No, this isn't a multi-point pilot (has in fact 4 points only, meaning two 2-point skills used). No, it wasn't done by 'camping' any central location. Yes, it was done by switching between offence and defence when needed, thus making sure the opposing team is either busy commuting between the sectors I want them in (in case of bots), or busy trying to stop my bots from capping more sectors (in case of humans). You finished first because it is usually the case with human players vs bots, especially so when a battle is won (rest assured though, you will not be the first on the list always - oh, wait, been there, seen that).

I only played two battles today, and this one was just slightly better than the other one. You were told why this thread is not really necessary, and why your result is not that impressive. You chose to keep trolling, and offended two of my good buddies, both of whom have a lot more experience and skill with WoWP than you do. Have a look at the points I listed above, because they are more along the lines of 'gud player'. And yes, you can go now.

Oh, and let's not forget this:

Spoiler

Congrats! LOL! You're the one chest-banging like King Kong, LOL! If you're pleased with your today's achievement, good for you, it's the right topic.

Get a life.

Edited by ThinderChief, 25 February 2020 - 01:39 AM.

ThinderChief #20 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4132 battles

Spitfire XIV, 12 battles, 1h21mn on it, still two engines to research. I find the guns difficult to use, they overheat very fast, otherwise, I might have scored a bit higher, so the next skill for this pilot has to be Adrenaline Rush. I like the way Spitfires handles, and they seem to be stronger for their tier than my P-80, even vs higher tiers but in this particular game, I was top tier.

The red team lost mostly because they focused way too much on staying on the airfield, and when they ventured out of it, they got slaughtered, camping doesn't always pay...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users