• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

levlos #81 Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5451 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

Prawie,

This is like pissing in a violin against the wind. The quitters very clearly affirm that they will not play a game where they feel they cannot win, or rise to a challenge because their team is less experienced. Its black on white. They will not accept loosing. They also say that this is their right -they admit being egoistic and blame the others. No argument will convince them. They just despise team-play and other players.

Why bother with them ? They are just another class of deadweight, just like the guys with 30% winrate.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

clovisbxl #82 Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 4132 battles
  • [FDC] FDC

View Postlevlos, on 08 March 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

The quitters very clearly affirm that they will not play a game where they feel they cannot win, or rise to a challenge because their team is less experienced.

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong.

With this kind of challenge on the 15 first parties, if quitters see the map will not allow them to perform a high score (example 3 bases with 400 points), then they quit (not me once again).

The winrate or the experience of the team are not criterion here. I would even say a high level team is even worst because the game will end in 2mn with low score for everyone.

So once again, I don't approve but I understand quitters; when you really want to win something in a challenge, everything is good to perform staying in the rules indicated.

If the rules says the party will not be taken into account under 3000PP then...

In addition, it's a challenge based on PP, not on team result so it's quite difficult to complain about any lack of team spirit here, it's just out of scope.

So people should better complain about this new rule for mastery challenge instead of complaining about quitters.

As explained by our moderator at the beginning of the thread, it was a try from WG, now WG has feed-back.

Edited by clovisbxl, 08 March 2020 - 06:19 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #83 Posted 08 March 2020 - 07:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5722 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postlevlos, on 08 March 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

Prawie,

This is like pissing in a violin against the wind. The quitters very clearly affirm that they will not play a game where they feel they cannot win, or rise to a challenge because their team is less experienced. Its black on white. They will not accept loosing. They also say that this is their right -they admit being egoistic and blame the others. No argument will convince them. They just despise team-play and other players.

Oh boy, there has to be really heavy ego issue.

"A challenge" - another point from traveling salesman bag.

I don't play this game for a challenge. I have enough challenges in Real Life that mean something and are worth overcoming. I play for entertainment.

As a side note - this game is done to minimize amount of challenges - snowflakes don't like them. Most of the content is achievable without any challenge, time is enough (see 30% WR with tier X planes). With some wallet support.

I accept loose at the moment when I press Esc to bring up menu.

The only difference is losing after a time of fruitless attempts, or sparing that to myself and saving time.

Another false statement is about "team play".

There is no "team play" in WoWP, simply because there is no team.

Team is in yard football game, or anywhere where team is built, or ate least somehow coordinated, and have common goal.

In WoWP there are random players thrown together, each with its own agenda (quite often contradicting with other players' agendas), quite often with majority of bots with some bot shady goals.

There is no coordination, as bots will do their bot things.

I won't care about ping spam from some armchair general spamming the most retarded area on the map (since I have my own agenda), and I don't expect that ape to follow my ping spam, so I don't ping spam.

Only sometimes a part of agenda is common - get 1.5 bonus for win.

If random players on my side are being roflstomped, why bother? There is no team effort coming from their side, so why should I be different? Especially that I don't care about all other people in game, because they are only a series of funny marks on the screen, and I didn't tell them to play. They did it on their own, and in most cases, they do it poorly.

Go to work, do all the work for whole tam, get paid even. Or punished, for not doing all the work. Then go back and share, how great is that.

In case of contest - blame designers, who let such loopholes to slip into rules. Or go step further and blame WG for doing such uneven game.

Going further with that laughable football game analogy - it's like having to play football on playing field with different size - shorter or longer, going sometimes uphill or downhill.

Contest is like scoring the biggest amount of goals possible.

Have fun running uphill on long field trying, while other contenders got better luck and got short and downhill playground.

Block Quote

Why bother with them ? They are just another class of deadweight, just like the guys with 30% winrate.

Are there complains like "I've been in a team and and some people that I hoped will carry the game for me left", or are they like "some piece of .... that I recognize, and I happened to be in better plane, left, so I can't roflstomp him and he avoided suffering"?

clovisbxl #84 Posted 08 March 2020 - 09:10 PM

Senior Airman

• 4132 battles
  • [FDC] FDC
Stupid question: results within 7 days?

DoomHerald #85 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8093 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postclovisbxl, on 08 March 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

Stupid question: results within 7 days?

I suppose there will be some delay, but we r not important enough to be informed.

CheefCoach #86 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
7 day period have passed, so where are the results?
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

InVictuS_ShaDoW #87 Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7643 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostDoomHerald, on 09 March 2020 - 12:27 AM, said:

I suppose there will be some delay, but we r not important enough to be informed.

Yes it is true, it would be good to inform about the delay. On the forums of other servers there was such information, although not provided voluntarily (there was also a question from players about the results). There were never results over the weekend, WG employees do not work, so I don't know what would change about the correctness of the results. 

Edited by InVictuS_ShaDoW, 09 March 2020 - 06:50 AM.

blindfoId #88 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Probably you missed the message about the delay forwarded by raketak_, discussing the reasons to quit or not to quit :) That's no big deal, I will gladly repeat it. 

We've received the data, but we need an additional check-up to make sure that everything is correct. This check-up is likely to move the publication date as well as sending prizes to Monday/Tuesday. Sincere apologies for the long wait. We'll add one day of Premium account to all pilots in the lists as a compensation for the delay. 

CheefCoach #89 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 09 March 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

Probably you missed the message about the delay forwarded by raketak_, discussing the reasons to quit or not to quit :) That's no big deal, I will gladly repeat it. 

We've received the data, but we need an additional check-up to make sure that everything is correct. This check-up is likely to move the publication date as well as sending prizes to Monday/Tuesday. Sincere apologies for the long wait. We'll add one day of Premium account to all pilots in the lists as a compensation for the delay. 

You should have algorithm that calculates that, and you should have results last Monday. Processing power of computers is really good this days, and there isn't that many players in this game. A week is more than enough time for doing such task. And if you can't do it in week, why you advertise that results will be in a week timeframe? 

GonerNL #90 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11392 battles

View Postlevlos, on 08 March 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

They will not accept loosing

That is becoming your Mantra, eh ?

Just for once read what we try to explain to you instead of going into instant denial.

I don't mind losing at all. It's the way in which you lose ; if/when MM again decided to make one superteam and the other one just average or plain bad, I quit when I feel we're not even getting close to the enemy score (might even take some time). But when I lose after a good, hard fight where I had even a small hope of coming out victorious, no problem. 

Same goes for winning in a roflstomp, I detest it and sometimes apologize for atrocious MM to the other team.

Edited by GonerNL, 09 March 2020 - 01:00 PM.

maragotu #91 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4300 battles
  • [NGADA] NGADA
where is the rating of this contest? I think you are kidding us all.

GonerNL #92 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11392 battles
The guy who has to make the SQL script to get results from the database is probably not available ... or he's still on a course.

RoyalFlyingCorps #93 Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17098 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Again I see people laughably trying to suggest that this is not a team game and that they are entitled to quit games as they see fit.

NO YOU ARE NOT.  It is a team game and, unless you are in one of those games populated with you and 23 bots, you are being nothing but a selfish little git if you quit a game when the match making gives you a bad one.  Oh, and I just bet you never quit the games with 23 bots, do you?

dirty_magic #94 Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 16749 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 09 March 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

The guy who has to make the SQL script to get results from the database is probably not available ... or he's still on a course.

Maybe he has Corona :(

RoyalFlyingCorps #95 Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17098 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Sorry about the tone of the preceding post, chaps, but having been on the wrong side of several games with quitters today I was just a bit cross.

CheefCoach #96 Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 09 March 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

SQL by itself can provide the answer but it is not easy task. It is much better to move raw data from SQL to some other programming language. 

Horcan #97 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5943 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 09 March 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Again I see people laughably trying to suggest that this is not a team game and that they are entitled to quit games as they see fit.

NO YOU ARE NOT.  It is a team game and, unless you are in one of those games populated with you and 23 bots, you are being nothing but a selfish little git if you quit a game when the match making gives you a bad one.  Oh, and I just bet you never quit the games with 23 bots, do you?

I did quit a few of those too, when game decide that every enemy bot is a superbot and all bases except the one im fighting at turn to the opposite team, Those games are instantly calculated and your plane is available already in hangar. And what you think about me is exactly what i think about you and every other selfish little gits spamming flight battles when everyone know that a flight of good pilots break the game more than it is broken already. And guess what, i dont give a rat [edited]about what you think , just like you probably do the same about what i think. Play your god damn game the way you like.

Edited by Horcan, 09 March 2020 - 09:19 PM.

Retired from this censored BS forum

BravelyRanAway #98 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4641 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostHorcan, on 09 March 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

Play your god damn game the way you like.

He does....that's his point. Quitting is not playing.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

jakub_czyli_ja #99 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5722 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 09 March 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

He does....that's his point. Quitting is not playing.

It is. Just not with that set of players and in another battle.

GonerNL #100 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11392 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 09 March 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Oh, and I just bet you never quit the games with 23 bots, do you?

Predictably, you just lost a bet ... I do, cause most are f*cking boring. Either you get 23 bots who don't know their prop from their tail or MM decides that 1 human deserves 12 enemy überbots who chase you from start to finish.

Edited by GonerNL, 09 March 2020 - 11:22 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users