Jump to content


Pilot career.


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:24 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • 1,157
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

I've requested this before, I'm (sort of) going to request it again. 

 

Pilot careers. - attach pilot aircraft history and medals won by that pilot to their info? 

It's purely cosmetic really but an overview of all the planes they have ever qualified to fly and the medals/awards you won with them as pilot would just add a little character depth for me. 

Yes.. I know that it's really me that won the medals but...

 

Also, not sure if it's already visible but can you see what aircraft you were flying when the various medals were won? 



apartclassic #2 Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • 1,147
  • [UNIC] UNIC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2014
Nope, only the type and number of medals won with a given plane are shown, no details. Also some achievements are recorded only once per each plane, repeat feats are not counted. Yeah, my OCD made me check that long ago... I second the idea, it's a nice way to 'personalize' pilots. That said, once you have 250+ pilots in your hangar, the only ones standing out are those with a lot of points or the unique pilots; there's just too many to keep track...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

 


Ziptop #3 Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • 1,157
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View Postapartclassic, on 30 March 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

once you have 250+ pilots in your hangar, the only ones standing out are those with a lot of points or the unique pilots; there's just too many to keep track...

 

I must be strange. I have favorite pilots. 



apartclassic #4 Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • 1,147
  • [UNIC] UNIC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2014
No no, digital sympathies and digital romancing is considered normal these days, especially if you're Korean or Japanese. Or both. Or a weeb. Also I hear many teenagers are affected. Anyway, I understand :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

 


0berhessen #5 Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5814 battles
  • 1,115
  • [RFSL] RFSL
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016
Did i say i have a crush on Charlotte von Stauffen? <3
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

zen_monk_ #6 Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:30 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 10412 battles
  • 3,610
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
...i've heard they are preparing an inflatable version of her.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


maxram68 #7 Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:39 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4505 battles
  • 656
  • [COSTS] COSTS
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View Post0berhessen, on 31 March 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

Did i say i have a crush on Charlotte von Stauffen? <3

 

I don't.

 

Whenver I pick the 110E, I hear stuff like: "You forgot to turn right here. No - the other right, dear...", "Do you have to fly that fast?", "Mind that bomber over there", "I've just cleaned the plane, so no coffee/beer/whatever in the cockpit", "The flight stick...? I threw it out because it took up too much space...also got rid of the throttle control...why do you look at me that way??", "My sister, her stupid husband and their 9 kids will be flying with us for the entire weekend..."

:teethhappy:

 

 



Grison_SE #8 Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5081 battles
  • 226
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-06-2018

View Postzen_monk_, on 31 March 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

...i've heard they are preparing an inflatable version of her.


:D


Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

0berhessen #9 Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5814 battles
  • 1,115
  • [RFSL] RFSL
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View Postmaxram68, on 31 March 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

 

I don't.

 

Whenver I pick the 110E, I hear stuff like: "You forgot to turn right here. No - the other right, dear...", "Do you have to fly that fast?", "Mind that bomber over there", "I've just cleaned the plane, so no coffee/beer/whatever in the cockpit", "The flight stick...? I threw it out because it took up too much space...also got rid of the throttle control...why do you look at me that way??", "My sister, her stupid husband and their 9 kids will be flying with us for the entire weekend..."

:teethhappy:

 

 


That must be the danish Version Carløtta van Pølsen.

Whenever i am back in the Hangar she asks me to polish my Medals, and i reply - not only the Medals dear. :trollface:

View Postzen_monk_, on 31 March 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

...i've heard they are preparing an inflatable version of her.


Have you already ordered one? :hiding:


There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Vladinir_Shotitov #10 Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 6359 battles
  • 208
  • [COSTS] COSTS
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014
I hate you people.  Whenever I start sniggering, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed asks what's so funny... you try explaining this thread to someone who's already fed up with me after only 7 days 'shielding'.
For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

apartclassic #11 Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • 1,147
  • [UNIC] UNIC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2014

View Postmaxram68, on 31 March 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

 

I don't.

 

Whenver I pick the 110E, I hear stuff like: "You forgot to turn right here. No - the other right, dear...", "Do you have to fly that fast?", "Mind that bomber over there", "I've just cleaned the plane, so no coffee/beer/whatever in the cockpit", "The flight stick...? I threw it out because it took up too much space...also got rid of the throttle control...why do you look at me that way??", "My sister, her stupid husband and their 9 kids will be flying with us for the entire weekend..."

:teethhappy:

 

 

 

Shame on you! This is base, this is ultrasexist, this is misogynist in extreme! We of the WAAF are not exactly thrilled by this sort of attitude, making our everyday sacrifice all that more difficult! However, what you said about the sister with the stupid husband, and their undoubtedly horrible 9 kids - now this... this makes... well, ok, you may proceed. Gently, but proceed. She deserves it. I mean, did I tell you about that time when she invited aunt Christine for dinner, and then set out crumpled table sheets? And then served potatoes that - oh nevermind, I can see you're not even listening anymore, as usual. You must not love WAAFs anymore. Typical male....


You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

 


zen_monk_ #12 Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 10412 battles
  • 3,610
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

0berhessen, on 31 March 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

Have you already ordered one? :hiding:

 

Nope, trying to arrange a date with the model.

 

:teethhappy:


stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


Frateras #13 Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:36 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 10420 battles
  • 776
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    03-10-2017

View Postapartclassic, on 31 March 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

Shame on you! This is base, this is ultrasexist, this is misogynist in extreme! We of the WAAF are not exactly thrilled by this sort of attitude, making our everyday sacrifice all that more difficult! However, what you said about the sister with the stupid husband, and their undoubtedly horrible 9 kids - now this... this makes... well, ok, you may proceed. Gently, but proceed. She deserves it. I mean, did I tell you about that time when she invited aunt Christine for dinner, and then set out crumpled table sheets? And then served potatoes that - oh nevermind, I can see you're not even listening anymore, as usual. You must not love WAAFs anymore. Typical male....Three     You should have to  decorate three of your favorite planes with the International Womens Day patch for chauvinistic sexism ! :B


Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

 

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live


Ziptop #14 Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • 1,157
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View PostFrateras, on 01 April 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

 

 

There is a special emblem for chauvinistic sexism? Wait, I thought MOST of the emblems and nose art were for that....

 

(that said, at least one of my lady pilots does fly the Womens Day emblem on every plane I put her in....I'm waiting for a cute bunny with fluffy ears for the others)


Edited by Ziptop, 01 April 2020 - 10:36 PM.


levlos #15 Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 7038 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    03-19-2017

I demand naked men on Ziptop's planes immediately !

 

Also, a giant cucumber with a Kaiser moustache on Apartclassic's I-16-29 (as a token of empathy towards the enemy team)


Edited by levlos, 01 April 2020 - 10:42 PM.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'


Ziptop #16 Posted 03 April 2020 - 03:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • 1,157
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View Postlevlos, on 01 April 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

I demand naked men on Ziptop's planes immediately !

 

Also, a giant cucumber with a Kaiser moustache on Apartclassic's I-16-29 (as a token of empathy towards the enemy team)

There do appear to be quite a few ladies that play this game (I'm not one though) so therefore I agree that there should be some artwork that strikes a balance. Bring forth the cheeky nose art featuring buff chaps in swimwear! 

 

While we are at it. More cute fluffy animals too.

 



0berhessen #17 Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:19 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5814 battles
  • 1,115
  • [RFSL] RFSL
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View PostZiptop, on 03 April 2020 - 03:30 AM, said:

There do appear to be quite a few ladies that play this game (I'm not one though) so therefore I agree that there should be some artwork that strikes a balance. Bring forth the cheeky nose art featuring buff chaps in swimwear! 

 

While we are at it. More cute fluffy animals too.

Sorry if i bend this thread from Pilot Career into a Gender Noseart discussion.

View PostZiptop, on 30 March 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

I've requested this before, I'm (sort of) going to request it again. 

 

Pilot careers. - attach pilot aircraft history and medals won by that pilot to their info? 

It's purely cosmetic really but an overview of all the planes they have ever qualified to fly and the medals/awards you won with them as pilot would just add a little character depth for me. 

Yes.. I know that it's really me that won the medals but...

 

Also, not sure if it's already visible but can you see what aircraft you were flying when the various medals were won? 


i still support this idea... and man This Charlotte! <3


There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

maxram68 #18 Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:02 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4505 battles
  • 656
  • [COSTS] COSTS
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View Post0berhessen, on 03 April 2020 - 07:19 AM, said:

Sorry if i bend this thread from Pilot Career into a Gender Noseart discussion.


 

 

I second that: Sorry for taking part in derailing the topic.

...although several entries made me smile/laugh...

 

I also support the idea.


Edited by maxram68, 03 April 2020 - 07:27 AM.


Frateras #19 Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:00 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 10420 battles
  • 776
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    03-10-2017
Might be something in pink would work. I'm sorry for OT but there I don't have ever made any careers neither my pilots did. Well one of them is Major now ...

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

 

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users