Spawning behind friendly plane while mine spawning without me

SPAWNBUG

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

General_Angriff #1 Posted 15 April 2020 - 11:55 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 612 battles

Imagine being at around 13999 Pers Points, on the way to victory in a very close game, seconds before squall line hits, you got killed and still have this one last sortie.

As you expect to respawn in your MiG-1M, you respawn, reckoning that strange Bf 109-F where your MiG should be, you can't control anything, but you hear your guns reacting to you holding the trigger.... and victory fell apart while you're like paralized and damned to watch  WTF???

I'm spawning behind a friendly plane while mine is spawning without me. I can still control my plane, according to the sound of guns and engine. Unfortunately I'm in spectator mode behind a Friendly. 

As soon as the Friendly gets destroyed, view switches to my plane whilst flying obviously way below the ground. This mess can only be ended by crashing into the imaginary ground according to my altmeter....

I've been experiencing this quite often  recently

Can someone please explain and maybe even help me?

What is this mess and can it please be fixed???

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_009.jpg   298.94K
  • Attached File   shot_006.jpg   137.55K

apartclassic #2 Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27972 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostGeneral_Angriff, on 15 April 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

Imagine being at around 13999 Pers Points, on the way to victory in a very close game, seconds before squall line hits, you got killed and still have this one last sortie.

As you expect to respawn in your MiG-1M, you respawn, reckoning that strange Bf 109-F where your MiG should be, you can't control anything, but you hear your guns reacting to you holding the trigger.... and victory fell apart while you're like paralized and damned to watch  WTF???

I'm spawning behind a friendly plane while mine is spawning without me. I can still control my plane, according to the sound of guns and engine. Unfortunately I'm in spectator mode behind a Friendly. 

As soon as the Friendly gets destroyed, view switches to my plane whilst flying obviously way below the ground. This mess can only be ended by crashing into the imaginary ground according to my altmeter....

Old and known issue, still unresolved. I reckon the official name is 'feature' *wink wink*

I have good news for you though! There is a workaround - press Enter twice to get back to your plane. Enter + Enter. It works, however strange that seems. Unfortunately it's not easy to replicate, this bug is pretty random, but keep this workaround in mind next time it happens. 2x Enter works like a charm. Despite the tone, this is not a joke, it's a true - I wanted to say 'solution', but a real solution would be fixing the bug by WG - workaround. Good luck.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

blindfoId #3 Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostGeneral_Angriff, on 16 April 2020 - 02:55 AM, said:

The issue is known and it's been reported to the team. While the fix isn't delivered, please use a simple workaround: just press Enter twice (open and close the chat window) and you'll be back to your plane. :honoring:

Ziptop #4 Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

I think I've found a way to provoke this (or at least similar) 

While waiting to respawn toggle through some friendly aircraft (as you would if spectating once properly dead) then select the camera follow view for the aircraft you are watching. 

Presto. Wierd stuff happens. 

Well, what normally happens is that the map and sometimes the mini map also continue to track the aircraft you were looking at. So you aren't seeing the map in relation to your own aircraft...

On occasion you end up still in camera follow view of that friendly aircraft.

(I've had too much time on my hands obviously.)

Blindfolds workaround sort of makes sense with what I've been seeing also. 

Edited by Ziptop, 16 April 2020 - 12:26 PM.

General_Angriff #5 Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:17 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 612 battles
Thank you all for your help. that workaround is well enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users