• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

nitemare_gary #1 Posted 19 April 2020 - 04:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Hello all,

I bring to you a competition like no other!

This is a race from tier one to tier ten!

Participants will play normally from T1 to T10 on a line of their choice, and the person to play a battle in a top of the tree plane in the least number of battles wins.

Wait, whats that I hear? Cries of "how? I already have 1/all of the tier ten planes."

Well here's hard bit. You will need to create a new account if you want to take part. Your new account name should start with RtoX_ then a short tag to identify yourself. I recommend about 3-5 letters. (so for example, mine could be RtoX_gary or RtoX_niteg)

But otherwise the rules are simple: Use only what is provided with a new account. No bonus codes and no buying anything with real money.

That's it, everything else is up to you. You chose your line, if you use consumables, what you spend the starting gold on, ect. You just need to play one battle in a tier ten plane to be able to win.

The way the winner is decided is as follows: The time frame for this competition is five weeks. In that time, you need to have done one battle in a tier ten. If this takes you one day or twenty is irrelevant. At the end of the time, I will count up how many battles each player has done, and the player who has the least battles wins. Players who haven't done a T10 battle by then will not be considered for winner unless nobody reaches tier ten, then the required tier will be lowered to 9 or 8 or so on until a winner is found. In the unlikely event of a draw, the winner is the person with the most epic achievements. If there is still a draw, then the person with the highest win rate is the winner, and if that doesn't settle it then you would both deserve to win because that would be incredible.

The prize is 1000 gold or any tier three aircraft from the premium shop that has a personalized skin especially created by zen_monk_.

If you wish to take part, create your new account, but don't play a battle, and post your user name here.

The competition lasts from Monday May 18th to Sunday June 21st

Does any one have any questions?

Edited by nitemare_gary, 01 May 2020 - 12:45 PM.

Like the top post on this topic:http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 19 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9827 battles
  • [__] __

Great idea :honoring::great::medal:

Only problem would be how to assure no buying or bonusing was done, but other than that - bravo!

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

nitemare_gary #3 Posted 19 April 2020 - 05:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

I guess it would just have to honesty, but there is a set amount of gold and premium time you can get without missions and if someone mysteriously got more than that, then you would know if these rules had been violated.

I will be checking...

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:

zen_monk_ #4 Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9827 battles
  • [__] __
Of course, if the winner chooses some Tier III premium I might sweeten the prize to be personal :D

apartclassic #5 Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 23689 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
Great idea, mate! Awesome to see you contribute in this way, and I do hope you get some sort of endorsement from WG (looking at ya, blindfold). Personally I don't think it will take a whole month, people seem to have a lot more time to play now - I wonder how fast will it take for the first participant to make it to t10. I'll be following this one, it's intriguing. GLHF to everyone who participates :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

maxram68 #6 Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:07 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4012 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postapartclassic, on 19 April 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

Great idea, mate! Awesome to see you contribute in this way, and I do hope you get some sort of endorsement from WG (looking at ya, blindfold). 

Agree! Great idea.

Re "endorsement": I've sent you, @blindfold, a rather long message a few days ago outlining (basically: asking for) WG-sponsored prizes for the official "All-round Aces" tournament.

Some/any feedback would be highly appreciated...

0berhessen #7 Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5576 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Fantastic Idea, but i just ordered a new bicycle which will arive this week.

So my plans for May are different. But good luck to everyone who participates!

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Ziptop #8 Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7218 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

What a brilliant idea. Speed gaming in an online air combat shooter.

I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be capable of getting from T1 to 10 in just a month but who knows, I might just have a go at this to see how far I get.

Would it be an idea maybe to create a clan and all these new accounts become part of it? Would that make monitoring easier? 

Edited by Ziptop, 20 April 2020 - 02:51 PM.

apartclassic #9 Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:15 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23689 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostZiptop, on 20 April 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

What a brilliant idea. Speed gaming in an online air combat shooter.

I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be capable of getting from T1 to 10 in just a month but who knows, I might just have a go at this to see how far I get.

Would it be an idea maybe to create a clan and all these new accounts become part of it? Would that make monitoring easier? 

Now that's a very good idea - plus it could potentially lead to both mutual cooperation, and internal strife ;) Seriously though, this does look like a good plan. Easier monitoring of stats and progress  there, gary, you should consider giving this a go. On the other hand it means spending gold to create a clan, but perhaps WG could lend a hand in this, refounding the clan commander?

nitemare_gary #10 Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Firstly: Quota etc.

That does sound like a very good idea. I've never been in a clan so I don't yet know how that would work, but it should be easy enough to find out. A reimbursement would be nice, but it seems unlikely. I'm not worried enough about the five currency denominations it would set me back by to pester WG for it.

Thanks again for the tip. I'll take anything that lets me sleep a bit longer in the morning.:)

maxram68 #11 Posted 28 April 2020 - 01:47 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4012 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Post0berhessen, on 20 April 2020 - 05:28 AM, said:

Fantastic Idea, but i just ordered a new bicycle which will arive this week.

So my plans for May are different. But good luck to everyone who participates!

Mate, if it's a tier I bicycle you can still participate...... :trollface:

@nitemare_gary: Where do we stand in relation to this ? Did anyone sign up ? Did you create a clan as suggested by Ziptop (brilliant idea, btw.) ? If yes: what's the name ?

nitemare_gary #12 Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

View Postmaxram68, on 28 April 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Mate, if it's a tier I bicycle you can still participate...... :trollface:

@nitemare_gary: Where do we stand in relation to this ? Did anyone sign up ? Did you create a clan as suggested by Ziptop (brilliant idea, btw.) ? If yes: what's the name ?

Sadly I've been rather busy and haven't yet created the clan, but when I do (very soon) it will be called "Race_to_X" [RtoX]

I haven't received any notification that anyone has signed up yet, but if this is an inconvenient month for people then I can simply move this to next month.

As for the bicycle, there is actually a whole tech tree for them.

Tier 1... 

... to tier 10...

... and some premiums.

maxram68 #13 Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:34 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4012 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postnitemare_gary, on 28 April 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Sadly I've been rather busy and haven't yet created the clan, but when I do (very soon) it will be called "Race_to_X" [RtoX]

I haven't received any notification that anyone has signed up yet, but if this is an inconvenient month for people then I can simply move this to next month.

As for the bicycle, there is actually a whole tech tree for them.

Tier 1... 

Noted. Once it's created I'll sign up, and so will others who expressed interest in this, I hope.

Suggestions (feel free to use, or just tell me to sod off): Create clan, promote the competition, make it mandatory to be member of [Rtox] in order to participate and move start-date until around middle of May.

Furthermore: Poke a German, Polish and French player to make entries in the various language-sections across the forum (if you don't know any with those nationalities here, just use Google translate and do it yourself) - basically something brief with a link to the rules+registration thread (this one...?).

Nice bicyles, btw. :)

Edit: Keep in mind there's an artificial limit for the total number of members of a clan (iirc it's 100 - it used to be, at least).

Edited by maxram68, 28 April 2020 - 06:36 PM.

apartclassic #14 Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:29 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23689 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postmaxram68, on 28 April 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

Edit: Keep in mind there's an artificial limit for the total number of members of a clan (iirc it's 100 - it used to be, at least).

Not anymore. 100 used to be the limit long time ago, right now it's unlimited in WoWP (as opposed to WoWS, don't know about WoT).

Edited by apartclassic, 28 April 2020 - 08:29 PM.

nitemare_gary #15 Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Furthermore: Poke a German, Polish and French player to make entries in the various language-sections across the forum (if you don't know any with those nationalities here, just use Google translate and do it yourself) - basically something brief with a link to the rules+registration thread (this one...?).

Good Idea. I hadn't thought much about advertising, but I'll see what I can do.

I have a deadline for my work in about two weeks, but after that I should have some more time off. (you can guess where it'll go)

I will now start the competition in mid-late may, but expect the clan to be online in the next couple of days.

zen_monk_ #16 Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9827 battles
  • [__] __
In all adverts feel free to say "...or Tier 3 premium with a personalized skin for you."

nitemare_gary #17 Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

View Postzen_monk_, on 28 April 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

In all adverts feel free to say "...or Tier 3 premium with a personalized skin for you."

How have I reached my quota??!?!

I haven't even liked a single post yet today.:amazed:

Edit: Thanks for liking my post zen. As you can see, I gave it straight back.

Edited by nitemare_gary, 29 April 2020 - 03:46 PM.

0berhessen #18 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5576 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Furthermore: Poke a German..

i feel poked somehow - for germany

And my Bike arrived - just in time... when it began raining, after 4 weeks of almost no drop of water...

Its a Tier 4 i would say, Brompton folding bike! Impressive piece of british engeneering!

Edit: here it is

http://forum.worldof...930#entry605930

Edited by 0berhessen, 30 April 2020 - 01:35 PM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

nitemare_gary #19 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2485 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Thanks a lot, that really helps.:honoring:

I'm going to do more as soon as I can.

0berhessen #20 Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5576 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Challenge accepted!

Here is my account:

https://worldofwarpl...40-RtoX_Hessen/

Not sure if i make it to 10 - but lets compete ::)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users