Getting low FPS, don't know why

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TrdkoGamer #1 Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 109 battles

The title says it all, it's ok in other games like World of Warships or World of Tanks (I'm getting around 120 fps in both games), but in World of Warplanes I'm getting about 45 FPS once I get in the action. Since my GPU was at 60% usage, I thought that processor is just slow, but that's just not the case. I've tried lowering the graphics, it didn't help, my GPU drivers are up to date, I've tried switching to Ryzen Balanced Power Plan, it didn't help, BIOS is also up to date. Other games run just fine.

My basic specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 @3.7 GHz

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super 

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x8GB RAM (@3200 MHz)

Aimless #2 Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5811 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Something in this game is optimized so badly (maps?), you can be glad your fps only drop down to 45. That's totally playable. My rig is stoneage compared to yours, partly getting lower than 20fps, regardless if SD or HD client (actually the HD client runs more smoothly) and no matter what graphics settings.

TrdkoGamer #3 Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 109 battles
Yeah, it is playable and I don't even play it that much, I just play it when I get angry at WoT to calm down. I was just interested in what problem could be causing this.

Frateras #4 Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10990 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
It's the action. Wot is a static game compared with WoW. Planes are moving ten times faster and do that permanently. It's not your system. I play this game with a Ryzen 3, 8 GB Ram and a 4 GB graphic card and got almost 40fps.

Edited by Frateras, 21 April 2020 - 10:28 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users