What means Highest Waiting Time: 150 sec ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Frateras #1 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10323 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

I've just had some nice games with the mosquito and activated a 2 hour booster for the plane XP to make some points for research. (and to specialize it) After ten minutes of waiting I'm pissed of. On Sunday evening 10:30. Is this a bug or sabotage? :angry:

https://www.bilder-u...936579.jpg.html

Edited by Frateras, 26 April 2020 - 09:32 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10132 battles
  • [__] __
A bug. If the server don't put you in the game after 1 minute 40 seconds, something's broken with information of you waiting. Leave the cue and go again, usually you'll be instantly connected.

Edited by zen_monk_, 26 April 2020 - 09:28 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #3 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 24720 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postzen_monk_, on 26 April 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

A bug. If the server don't put you in the game after 1 minute 40 seconds, something's broken with information of you waiting. Leave the cue and go again, usually you'll be instantly connected.

Quite possibly your plane will have been in a battle without you already though - as zen says, 1:40 is the max reasonable waiting time, anything after that means you have been disconnected (i.e. your client is disconnected, but the server still took your plane into battle, as the last info exchanged was that you are in the queue).

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Frateras #4 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:34 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10323 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
But there was no battle  sound or anything like that. I never had that before and the cache was empty. Thanks for your answers.

Edited by Frateras, 26 April 2020 - 09:36 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

GonerNL #5 Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12688 battles

Was there an 'average time in queue' time displayed ?

If not, just quit immediately ... the counter will just keep running. Known as 'endless-queue-of-death'. Use alt-F4 to quit, the 'leave queue' button doesn't work.

If there's no-one to be found to play against, you get a message at 1.25 that there are no players available, at 1.35 you get an all-bot match.

Edited by GonerNL, 26 April 2020 - 10:12 PM.

zen_monk_ #6 Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10132 battles
  • [__] __
Last autumn it kept me for 4-5 minutes, wife called to dinner, I got up and went, came back an hour later and I was still waiting :teethhappy:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #7 Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 24720 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postzen_monk_, on 26 April 2020 - 10:17 PM, said:

Last autumn it kept me for 4-5 minutes, wife called to dinner, I got up and went, came back an hour later and I was still waiting :teethhappy:

And that plane is inaccessible since then, still lost in the limbo, still waiting in a queue somewhere in a faraway land...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Frateras #8 Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:13 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 10323 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostGonerNL, on 26 April 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

Was there an 'average time in queue' time displayed ?

If not, just quit immediately ... the counter will just keep running. Known as 'endless-queue-of-death'. Use alt-F4 to quit, the 'leave queue' button doesn't work.

If there's no-one to be found to play against, you get a message at 1.25 that there are no players available, at 1.35 you get an all-bot match.

I've got the normal waiting screen with average waiting time in queue display. It turns yellow after  seconds and the leave button worked when I pushed it after ten minutes. No sound of an ongoing game was to hear.

@zen_monk,

my first thought was let it run until this morning. It was such a nice series of victories and I want the Javelin as soon as possible. :playing:

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

KlausHetti #9 Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14640 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
You will not hear battle sounds if your plane is in a shadow game.
Sometime you can see a battle report about that shadow battle.
That's it! 

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

blindfoId #10 Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:50 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostFrateras, on 27 April 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

I've just had some nice games with the mosquito and activated a 2 hour booster for the plane XP to make some points for research. (and to specialize it) After ten minutes of waiting I'm pissed of. On Sunday evening 10:30. Is this a bug or sabotage? :angry:

Queue cannot last longer than ~1:50, if the MM system cannot find a pilot for a battle it puts you into all-bots battle after this time. Such a thing usually happens when you lose connection to the server, in most cases one of the signals is the absence of the line "average waiting time" on your waiting screen.  So, if your queue lasts longer or you don't have this line it is worth re-launching the game.

Frateras #11 Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:54 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 10323 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
Ok thank you. Average waiting time still was shown, but after 1:50 I will restart my device in the future or restart the client at least.

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users