Tachikawa Ki-94-II

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12490 battles

Another plane I completely forgot about. Gave up on that line, I think because of the Ki-162 (might have to pick that one up again too).

I did spec some Japanese tier VII/VIII, like Ki-84 and A7M. Even the multi-role J7W1.

Anyway, picked it up again and it really is a good plane !! Nice fire-power and very maneuverable. Surprised some Vampire pilots and even Spit XIV's !! 

Using LW equipment, aerodynamics and backup pneumatic control.

About to spec it, I'm curious how much better I can make it. 

atlasapl #2 Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3278 battles
I played it, should have loved it, but didn't. A bit like the Ki-84. Strange. I can't explain it.

I have unlocked the Ki-162-I but dont have the credits yet. Despite its rather poor reputation I am looking forward to giving it a good go. I do have enough free-xp to unlock all the modules so I won't have to play it in base config.

levlos #3 Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6507 battles

I also had this weird disappointing feeling about the Ki-84 and the Ki-94-II.

On paper both aircraft look fine, but I found the 20&30mm gun combination awkward, and the heavier guns lack consistency. I found the soviet tier VII i-220 better even in dogfights, as it can lay the hurt with more accuracy at long and medium ranges -even in a frontal pass. Last time, I had a guy in a specialized ki-84 that called me "FK gold noob" because I shot him down twice in head-to-head engagements in my i-220. I should have lost, but twice I prevailed with HP to spare, now tell me why.

Same goes with the vampire against the Ki-94-II-it can choose to engage or not, fares better at higher altitudes and can relocate more easily. It turns well enough as well. I have to admit that in general I have trouble using multiple-caliber armament and low velocity 30+mm guns. So I very well could be biased against the plane.

I also want to get to the Salamander -cough-cough, I mean Ki-162, but I found the KI-94-II situational at best, outclassed at worst. I will try a bit more, but I am not very optimistic about it: it feels weird being the one of the few non-jets around the map.

Note: I liked the previous Ki-43 (awesome engine sound) and especially Ki-61, and would have kept them if the guns overheated less easily.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

houghtonbee #4 Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
The tier 9 Sally is mediocre at its tier, dreadful up against tier 10s. I researched the tier 10 but never bothered buying it.

Merkwuerdigliebe #5 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6510 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postlevlos, on 12 May 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

I also had this weird disappointing feeling about the Ki-84 and the Ki-94-II.

I can only think of "Ki 84" and "disappointing" paired when building the sentence: it's very disappointing to spot a specced Ki84 in the other team.

I am definitely not in love with turning fighters at 5+ tiers, but the Hayate is much more: is clearly OP, with the crap MM tier 7s usually get (too much jets and high performances props in tier 8) as the only (slightly) balancing factor.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 13 May 2020 - 01:11 AM.

Merkwuerdigliebe #6 Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6510 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postlevlos, on 12 May 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

I shot him down twice in head-to-head engagements in my i-220. I should have lost, but twice I prevailed with HP to spare, now tell me why.

Because he was a noob. Ki84 is (heavies excluded) one of the deadliest planes in game under 550 mts. Going head to head against a 4x20mm I-220 is like a horseman armed with a shotgun who grabs it from the barrel and tries to club his opponent armed with a spear.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 13 May 2020 - 01:04 AM.

Aimless #7 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4480 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I bought the Ki-94-II lately. Huge disappointment after the Ki-84. I'm already having trouble in maneuvering, it always feels like lagging. But the worst thing of all are the 30mm guns wich are hitting so ***** unreliable you want to bite into your desk.

I still tend to blame my pilot for that, let's see if I give up before he's got the MM2 skill. I'm definitely not having fun with that plane and I always want to say sorry to the team  :sceptic:

houghtonbee #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostAimless, on 23 May 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

I bought the Ki-94-II lately. Huge disappointment after the Ki-84. I'm already having trouble in maneuvering, it always feels like lagging. But the worst thing of all are the 30mm guns wich are hitting so ***** unreliable you want to bite into your desk.

I still tend to blame my pilot for that, let's see if I give up before he's got the MM2 skill. I'm definitely not having fun with that plane and I always want to say sorry to the team  :sceptic:

Spoiler - it wont make a huge difference. Its just a real crapbag of a t9

Merkwuerdigliebe #9 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6510 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

I had fun with ki94II, but i'm not a big Japs fan so in the end i sold it. I kept tier 9 tho, because it's a Lutwaffle plane after all, and since i'm a fat guy playin an awfully arcade game, i had to.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 23 May 2020 - 07:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users