Tournament: All-round Aces

tournament invitation registration

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

blindfoId #181 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Congratulations to the winners and participants! My deepest gratitude to maxram68 who made this possible! 

Gold will arrive in a couple of days! :honoring:

OhMyGodzilla #182 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:37 AM

Airman Basic

• 2757 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Eagerly awaiting the next event from you, Max!  :) Thanks for the hard work you put in.  

__MATT #183 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 6823 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

Sorry for joining up the party a bit late! Had a lot of RL stuff to do....

First of all: Thank you all for taking part in the tournament and your congrats! :D

Also a big thank you to maxram for creating this event. Yes it was not flawless but it made the game a lot more interesting again on the community side and i think we can all agree that we learned a lot from the misstakes done here (for instance that this API Token is a son of a b****). So:

THANK YOU MAX!!!!

At this point i want to apologize myself for using just one aircraft. I am personaly not a fan of spamming just one aircraft. Flying my JL-1A-37 was fun, but after some time its just getting exhausting to do the same thing over and over again. Also it didnt quite hit the objective of the tournament by showing that i am an "all-round ace" rather than just showing my ace skills. But as you guys discussed it earlier that was the best strategy to go so i had to do this do secure the win. If we do a new tournament supporting variety more effective you can count on me to change things up showing my worthiness of my now earned "all-round ace" title as well as defending it of course - good luck for all of you who try. :playing:

So at this point i want to give a special thanks to dirty_magic who proved that if you play smart you can still get a lot of boni by variety (even though it was the riskier way to go) showing that he is a true "all-round ace". Good job on your well deserved second place! Cant wait to challenge you next time! ;)

Comming to angel: i can feel your frustration mate. I would be very pissed too if i was in your position. But as i told you on the wowp Discord: I didnt play the last "official" day to its fullest. I left early because i was very exhausted at this day and i knew there were two follow up "bonus" days. We were very close appart (not considering the bonus) so if i played the day to its fullest (which i would if there werent two more bonus days) you would never have been on the number 1 spot to begin with. If you check my point score on that particular day you will see that this statement is right. About our little agreement: I hope i could show you that you can trust people and maybe try to be a bit more friendly to them. Its a game after all and the main goal of playing games is to have fun. So please relax a bit more in the future (especially now as the tournament is over) and dont take everything as an personal attack. Getting killed is just part of the game. Oh and before i forget: now as the tournament is over our little agreement expires as there is no more preasure anyways. If you read my earlier post you should know by now how i pick my targets and what you should expect ;)

Finally i want to thank everyone once again and i cant wait to do a follow up tournament (with tier 10 pls!?). I had plenty of fun myself and i hope you guys enjoyed it as much as i did.

See you on the battlefields - Good hunting! :izmena:

FlyingDutchman69 #184 Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6100 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 05 July 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

Yes indeed, to Matt and the others who came in the top places.  I would actually single you out for recognition too, FlyingDutchman69 - your results showed that you had a go with every tier, every nationality and nearly every class - nice one!

thnx Vladinir much appriciated

AngryChilli #185 Posted 06 July 2020 - 04:05 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 22963 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I congratulate Matt and all other players.
But of course special thanks go to Max. 

"Mobbing verbindet, 9 von 10 haben Spaß daran"

Angry Chilli (1982- open end) Warplanes Junky seit Nov 2013

angelmichel #186 Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:01 PM

Senior Airman

• 7503 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
Well Matt, it's not like any of my days were me able to use the fullest of my abilities either

Taiho53 #187 Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4100 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV

Just some "final words" from me as well - I did not take the tournament very serious in that way that I am no good enough player to get a place on the top. However, I wanted to show my participation and show that the community appreciates such things.

My personal "dream" of such a tournament would be - set aside that some stuff is unrealistic or hard to implement at best:

1) Same plane for all participants. Further on just a 100% pilot and a maxed out plane with no consumables/equipment (or same skill pilot and same consumables/equipment for all, however I'm still preferring the 1st option). Hard to guarantee, though, as "cheating" would be easy.

2) As already mentioned, different classes, one class a day, still all with the same plane per day.

3) As a special treat it would be cool if WG could bring into the hangars such a "plane of the day" without telling beforehand which plane or tier it will be. This way, as unrealistic it is, all pilots would be challenged to prove that they are real aces with whatever comes along their way, and it would be a real challenge.

As said, it is unrealistic dreaming and would challenge WG to provide stuff which would be very time consuming to prepare, but perhaps some easier to implement ideas may evolve from this?

Another idea for a tournament could be to set challenges such like any number of medals with any given class and tier, if the API is able to read this from the server. However this will not solve the "flying my best plane only" problem, should this be a problem. It might get eased out but different class and tier conditions.

AngryChilli #188 Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 22963 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostTaiho53, on 07 July 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

1) Same plane for all participants. Further on just a 100% pilot and a maxed out plane with no consumables/equipment (or same skill pilot and same consumables/equipment for all, however I'm still preferring the 1st option). Hard to guarantee, though, as "cheating" would be easy.

Hey Taiho, 

I understand the point with the same plane.
But please explain to me how you or someone else comes up with the idea to pre-author someone regarding pilot consumables and accessories?
Should I spend money or token? Just because you don't have your plane on the same level as me?

all of this is called personal individuality. Maybe this says nothing to many but I don't have the need to be a leming like everyone else.

and in the end only miming cry about skill points and consumables and Moduls.

"Mobbing verbindet, 9 von 10 haben Spaß daran"

Angry Chilli (1982- open end) Warplanes Junky seit Nov 2013

0berhessen #189 Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5670 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View PostAngryChilli, on 08 July 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

Hey Taiho, 

I understand the point with the same plane.
But please explain to me how you or someone else comes up with the idea to pre-author someone regarding pilot consumables and accessories?
Should I spend money or token? Just because you don't have your plane on the same level as me?

all of this is called personal individuality. Maybe this says nothing to many but I don't have the need to be a leming like everyone else.

and in the end only miming cry about skill points and consumables and Moduls.

@chilli: The point is clear.

As far as i understood some pilots spam the same plane again and again to win this contest.

Next time it should be like:

Tonight we fly Fighters, or even more precise, tonight we fly Fighter Tier 5 Me109E

Next day, lets say we fly Groundattacker Tier 7, IL-10 and so on.

If it is a suprise to everyone what plane and class and tier comes next it will be harder to prepare with consumables and stuff. (which should be of course allowed)

So everyone is forced to show his skills in every airplane class

Edited by 0berhessen, 09 July 2020 - 04:57 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

RoyalFlyingCorps #190 Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17488 battles
Whilst this thread was about Max's Herculean efforts to provide a tournament and the progress people were making, it was heartening to read.   If I were Max I think I'd feel a little disappointed with many of the recent messages.  I'd urge those not on topic to take it somewhere private.

chapultacus #191 Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8980 battles
  • [TIG3R] TIG3R

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 12 July 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

Whilst this thread was about Max's Herculean efforts to provide a tournament and the progress people were making, it was heartening to read.   If I were Max I think I'd feel a little disappointed with many of the recent messages.  I'd urge those not on topic to take it somewhere private.

You're so right, but when I send a private message, kiddy brings the screenshot here LOL. The subject is closed for me.

Also tagged with tournament, invitation, registration

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users