Diana Ross!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Discontinued #1 Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

Hello again guys,

I have returned, Disco went on a journey I walked the earth like Jules planned to do in pulp fiction. But as we all know Jules was a massive noob.

Downloading planes as we speak!

So what did I do apart from working "cough cough" 

I played Call of duty modern warfare and felt nauseated by the purple and yellow M16s and ak47s also for a 1st person shooter, they designed the maps all wrong, so the game became static and people just camped behind a door with a shotgun..not the most sophisticated game play.10 days in i requested a refund as the game is chod

Resident Evil 2 remake however is fantastic blowing the heads off zombies never gets dull. However like a story I completed it twice and get bored, but i would highly recommend this game. 101% recommended

I then played Destiny 2 for a few months until I realised it stinks like a homeless person slept in your car. Although it has great PvE game play, and i mean really good. its plagued by hackers in PvP mode they have little to no practical anti cheat software. 

The final straw was when they said they would delete weapons from previous seasons with the exception of high tiered players weapons and armour collected from dungeons which is only achievable for teams of 6 clan guys who are essentially pro's.

I re visited tanks and then remembered why I left I'm still trying to wash away the filth, but like a red wine stain on a shag pile carpet its proving almost impossible to remove. Too many things wrong with that game to even list. Also it has an unpleasant atmosphere i always came away grumpy and stressed after playing.

I then tried warships and never have i encountered such a poorly balanced game it quite possible to lose 15 games in a row on a regularly basis. again this is a game that seems to cater more for the pro players buy giving advantages to those who own multiple tier 10's. Also if I'm honest its just not for me I find the pace too slow.

I dunno if its an age thing but the 90% of games out there seem utterly unappealing, nearly every game out there seems to be a rehash of the same old , same old, open world blah, infinite blah, gameplay blah, just blahmeh

it seem nearly all modern games either they are aimed at youths with shiney coloured flashy things or cater to an elite set of addicts who will use Pay to win techniques or horrible pay/grindwalls.

Therfore after much search and Disco is back and I'm mad as hell, 

not really i just saw Network again

And here's a bit of Disco, from Disco,

Looking forward to meeting you all again in the friendly skies!

Edited by Discontinued, 16 May 2020 - 11:55 AM.

"May cause the explode problem"

apartclassic #2 Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 23905 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Pity you didn't try Red Dead Redemption II, you'd give a review :)

Welcome back, have a cookie :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

Discontinued #3 Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:58 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

Thanks apart

I hear its good, it looks like GTA but set in cowboy times which is appealing.

I'll see when its on steam discount and maybe get it then.

Edited by Discontinued, 16 May 2020 - 11:58 AM.

zen_monk_ #4 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9878 battles
  • [__] __

The entire Forum breaks into singing and clapping...

Welcome bask :)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Discontinued #5 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

Hey Zen,

Good to see ya old buddy,

RoyalFlyingCorps #6 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17261 battles
I have no idea why you have bothered.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4750 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Hi Disco... welcome back.:)

I did download and play some Destiny 2....and then remembered how boring it is running around looking for people, clues, hints and weapons , etc. I might give it another go when I'm really bored out of my tree.:bajan:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Frateras #8 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10250 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
Nice to read you again Disco. Have a good time here.:)

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

Vladinir_Shotitov #9 Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5831 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

RDR2 all the way - whilst enjoying a hiatus from the weird thing that is WoWP, I tried various entertainments, then came back here (I was missing my F94D) before picking up Rockstar's finest (my son had played it through - twice - on PS4) in a Steam discount sale earlier this year.  The discount was virtually unannounced - no fanfare, no big Steam splash screen.  I have now played 340 hours and reached Chapter 6 - my lockdown routine is a couple of daytime hours (tops) on WoWP then 3+ on RDR2 after the evening meal.  Fantastic story-telling, the only suspension of disbelief involves the amount of 'stuff' the protagonist can shove into his satchel and saddlebags (but it doesn't spoil the experience one iota).

Welcome back - make sure you take a look at Maxram68s and nitemare_gary's events that start soon if you want projects to keep you involved (and entertained) :playing:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/53492-race-to-x/#topmost

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/53571-tournament-all-round-aces/

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

Discontinued #10 Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:35 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

Thanks guys,

So many familiar names and faces its good to be back

Destiny is good at first, but looter shooter type games get dull after a while.

Red dead does look appealing anything with guns is always tempting

But that pesky F94D has been beckoning me... its just the sheer amount of Corsairs one has to clamber over, in order to get there that previously put me off. i think ill give it a try 

My lock-down routine is at work as I'm part of the NHS and a massive hero lol actually I am!

We've been rolling out laptops and remote working devices for 8,500 staff.Most of them are nice but really dim. I suppose "techy" stuff as they like to call it is not their forte.

I had a Dr come in because she couldn't use her laptop webcam, you would have thought a sticker saying "please remove privacy shield" would have given some kind of hint, as to what the issue was....

A senior psychologist ended up waiting in an electrical cupboard when i directed him to go to the service desk. Apparently He was banging on the door asking if he could come in, i would have thought that the sign saying "No storage electrical cupboard" on the door would have given him a hint. Or the large words I.T Service desk 2 metres to his right with a glass door and a room full of people repairing computers would have given him some inclination as to where he needed to be. Also the fact that that corridor has no other room or entrance to any other department made me chuckle.

Its so hard not to laugh.Its highly entertaining the more senior the less practical. You can spot them a mile off they always have folding bicycles for some reason?

I had a few games this morning and won all of them I still got the old magic!

1st game was in my tier 10 because of course I had to be unconventional, as wisdom should dictate starting low tier and working up after taking a hiatus. I'm doing it the other way

I finished up on tier 1 and ruined a flight from a well known seal clubber clan, I made them pay !

Its good to be back in the air! and the picture above is how I look now after lockdown...

Edited by Discontinued, 17 May 2020 - 07:55 AM.

Discontinued #11 Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

My first game in 6 months!

:)

Frateras #12 Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:19 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 10250 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
Lucky guy. We've got a bigger player base meanwhile up to T8. Great if you can still settle the games. :)

Edited by Frateras, 17 May 2020 - 11:22 AM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

Ziptop #13 Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7251 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
Welcome back! I had been wondering if "New PC" + "Sudden absence of Disco" may have been connected 

Discontinued #14 Posted 26 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

View PostZiptop, on 25 May 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Welcome back! I had been wondering if "New PC" + "Sudden absence of Disco" may have been connected 

Good to see ya Ziptop!

Yes I was trying out lots of different games, only to realise its like finding a grain of sand on a beach.

1. I'm getting old as most other games feel like "been there, seen it, bought the T shirt" Just with different graphics but essentially they're just the same games I've been playing since 1993 when Doom came out. I saw a few other articles on Reddit, PC gamer etc that more or less said the same. I think for us old timers who have been around the game block a few times things seems kinda stale.

2. It seems the AAA games market is a devoid of innovation and new Ideas. instead they're playing "Simon says" and Xeroxing each others ideas. almost like those people on Black Friday killing each other for a flat screen. 

I'm back and slowly going for the Soviet tier 9 La160 thing as i need a little variety in top high tiers. 

atlasapl #15 Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3285 battles
I could not agree more. I am 55 this year and have been gaming since my mid twenties. I also came to the conclusion that the games market has stagnated. I am enjoying ESO with my son and currently re-playing Dishonored 2, and that is about it.

As far as WoWP is concerned, while I may have given up on tier 9/10, since going back to tier 5 to 7 the fun factor has returned again.

apartclassic #16 Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 23905 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Hey Disco, you asked for it!

GonerNL #17 Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12507 battles

View Postatlasapl, on 26 May 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

since going back to tier 5 to 7 the fun factor has returned again.

Same here.

I now fly tier VIII-X for token missions  :teethhappy:

Discontinued #18 Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:28 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

View Postatlasapl, on 26 May 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

I could not agree more. I am 55 this year and have been gaming since my mid twenties. I also came to the conclusion that the games market has stagnated. I am enjoying ESO with my son and currently re-playing Dishonored 2, and that is about it.

As far as WoWP is concerned, while I may have given up on tier 9/10, since going back to tier 5 to 7 the fun factor has returned again.

I enjoy tier 10 but only because I have an easy mode plane, I remember the Japanese Fighter line from tier 9-10 and it was horrid. I would imagine there are many others that make higher tiers feel lackluster.

But speaking to friends and colleagues who work in IT there is a general consensus that AAA gaming has becomes stale.

I remember the days of inovation, game like Notam of Wind which was a hot air balloon flight sim, It sounds lame but it was very addictive and inovative.

Grand theft auto Vice city simply class and with one of the best soundtracks to date. Nothing like listening to a Phil Collins whist doing a "drive by shooting"

View Postapartclassic, on 26 May 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

Hey Disco, you asked for it!

I did ask for it......I raise you Some soviet era Uzbek Discoteque

View PostGonerNL, on 26 May 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

Same here.

I now fly tier VIII-X for token missions  :teethhappy:

I tend to play high tiers 1st thing in the morning when the player count is low and our pro friends are still asleep.

I had a dream of a game earlier, Myself In my F86 and a human bomber vs a single human in a Swift. You can guess the outcome.

Tier 8 is not the nicest place to be. And i blame Tom Hardy, I seem to do badly at that tier , for me 9-10 is a little easier

Look at this disgraceful flying and realise Tom Hardy is a noob, a broody noob, clearly he thinks he's nice.

He keeps missing such easy  shots on that Me109, I can imagine him buying loads of premiums and ruining high tiered game play.

Edited by Discontinued, 27 May 2020 - 10:42 AM.

GonerNL #19 Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12507 battles

View PostDiscontinued, on 27 May 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

I had a dream of a game earlier, Myself In my F86 and a human bomber vs a single human in a Swift. You can guess the outcome.

2 vs 1 ?!

And a tier X bomber in your team ?? I would have quit ... :(

apartclassic #20 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 23905 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostDiscontinued, on 27 May 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

(...)

Oh no no no, you don't start - there's something a lot better, vintage tune very popular in WoWS - can't beat the beat:

As for Dunkirk and that combat sequence - meh.... It sure does look good on screen, it's a good piece of filming, but has about as much in common with facts as WoWP does. Most of RAF activity took place on high altitude, as they were trying to block the medium bombers while leaving Stukas and 109's to strafe the beaches as a consequence. As a matter of fact RAF was very successful over Dunkirk, and paid very high price for it. One part of it were the combat losses, but also a lot of prestige lost - since the Hurris and Spits were active on higher altitudes, men waiting for evacuation rarely saw the actual effort. For a long time there was that myth that RAF failed over Dunkirk, which was totally untrue and due to (literally) bad perception. They were there, they were fighting, they were successful - but they were almost invisible. Despite all the work done, a lot of army personel was hostile towards RAF crews for quite some time after the evacuation, and the pilots themselves could not understand why.

Also, a single Bf109 engaging a flight of Spitfires in a low altitude turning duel - yeah... As realistic as tier 5 Emils duking it out with Spits in WoWP. Looks good on screen, but Germans were pretty well aware of what Spitfires and Hurricanes were good at, and avoided this type of engagements. For quite some time during the evacuation, there was a low fog and overcast hanging over the area. It pushed bombers like Dorniers and Heinkels to higher altitudes (and forced them to bomb blind), which in turn pulled RAF planes also above the cloud cover - while Stukas and 109s stayed below the clouds, where there but a few Allied fighters. I'm not saying such a duel as this one didn't happen - it might have happened, but I think it unlikely and very rare. Can't show a nice dogfight in mist or clouds though, right?

Edited by apartclassic, 28 May 2020 - 06:00 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users