change numbers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

apartclassic #1 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 23078 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

We have discussed it many times, so I'm not going to go into yet another argument. I have a question to blindfold though: could you ask the devs is it possible to simply change a few numbers in daily missions scripts, to make them more balanced per period? Let me give you examples, with suggestions:

* mission for base xp in certain classes or nationalities (like Across the Ocean or Different Routes): they call for 20000 base xp (with a win condition) or 25000 base xp (without that condition) in all 3 periods; the reality is that it takes about 15-20 battles in period 1, whereas in period 3 it will take 5-8 (granted, I'm giving examples of rather 'good' battles, with the base xp of at least 1000 in period 1 and 4000 in period 3 - these numbers are not average for everyone);

* missions with numerical requirements for certain targets (like Taste of Victory for destroying 70 GTs with a win condition, or Sword Thrust for destroying 200 AA guns): in period 1 it's a chore, in period 3 it's a lot faster - mostly because of the maps, which contain less sectors in early period (thus giving less targets), while high tier maps usually have 4-5 sectors (plenty of targets), not to mention dramatic increase in plane's performance (speed of relocation and destructive power); again, in period 1 it takes significantly more battles to reach those numbers

The arguments commonly raised are two-fold. Missions have the same requirements in all three periods, but rewards differ by a lot - and it's 'reversed', because the easiest part gets best rewards, while the hardest and slowest gets very small rewards. Second reason is not forcing veterans to spend so much time in period 1; let the newbies learn the game without being spanked by a lot more experienced pilots doing the dailies, and let the veterans fly the fun planes, not biplanes over and over.

Would it be possible to simply juggle the numbers? Make it e.g. 10k/15k/20k base xp per period, with win condition, and 15k/20k/25k without? Or deduct from the period 1, and add to period 3, keeping period 2 unchanged? Similarly for the number of targets, e.g. 100/200/300 AA guns per period in Sword Thrust? Not knowing the code and script, I am thinking it's just a matter of simply entering new digits into it - or is it a lot more complicated and would unhinge the game completely?

When announced, they were to be divided into Easy, Intermediate and Veteran missions. As it stands however, they are identical in each period - but the other numbers change with tiers, thus making some Easy missions too long and time-consuming, and some Veteran missions laughably quick and easy. Plus the rewards are reversed in value per time involved, as mentioned above.

For the forumites: I know some of you are not interested in dailies and you ignore them, laughing at people who actually grind the missions (because... tokens = premium time = hangar slots = chance to skip special missions). If you are one of such people for whom dailies don't matter, please ignore this thread; advice to 'go play on higher tiers' etc is not what I'm looking for, asking those questions. Thank you in advance.

Edited by apartclassic, 19 May 2020 - 01:44 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17143 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
The suggestion that experienced players should not be encouraged by so-called "daily" missions to play at low tiers and this excellent suggestion that the missions need rebalancing so that the amount of effort required is more or less even across the periods are quite separate.  Both suggestions should be adopted by the WoWP team.

Silentraz #3 Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 973 battles
  • [WILD] WILD

WG prefers to not giving tokens away.

Personally I am making only 3. period and ignore others - they need too much time to waste. Some of mission (if not all of them) are created by someone who didn't play Warplanes after 2.0.

If WG wants to motivate players to play more - they need to remove periods from requirements.

Jeśli spotkany w bitwie, to pewnie robię skrzynkę lub żetony pod nią, by wolny exp i złoto wynieść do WOTa. Po więcej się do tej gry nie opłaca.

blindfoId #4 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:39 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

I cannot deny that this is a decent idea, moreover, it's been appearing from time to time and, of course, it's been forwarded to the developers team. Taking into account all points mentioned in the thread, I can give two comments:

1. There are no plans to divide current missions per period (for example, popular suggestion to make 10 Tokens mission for Period III) or remove period condition at all.

2. Revision of conditions for them to better reflect tier peculiarities, however, is possible. Basically, it's close to apartclassic's idea. 

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9490 battles
  • [__] __

View PostblindfoId, on 22 May 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

1. There are no plans to divide current missions per period (for example, popular suggestion to make 10 Tokens mission for Period III)

There goes my idea. Oh well...

View PostblindfoId, on 22 May 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

2. Revision of conditions for them to better reflect tier peculiarities, however, is possible. Basically, it's close to apartclassic's idea. 

But hey, this would be awesome too :honoring:  please say a word or two in this direction - would be very appreciated, and needed. We are all unhappy with how it is now.

Thank you.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #6 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:54 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 23078 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostblindfoId, on 22 May 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

I cannot deny that this is a decent idea, moreover, it's been appearing from time to time and, of course, it's been forwarded to the developers team. Taking into account all points mentioned in the thread, I can give two comments:

1. There are no plans to divide current missions per period (for example, popular suggestion to make 10 Tokens mission for Period III) or remove period condition at all.

Thank you, I appreciate the answer very much. The revision will be very welcome, if it's 'close' to the idea presented - we'll see how it ends up, but anything to make that period 1 grind less painful is going to be refreshing.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

theOneWithaChatBan #7 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8302 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

to much spent up dating  wot and wows 

both of which I play  both of which I hate

missions for tokens as they are now should be changed 

if we keep the  3 levels  but separate them 

after all newbies  require tokens              

so something like this 

tier 1/2/3/4             tier5/6/7           tier 8/9/10

no. of  tokens won 

easy           1                         1                       1

hard            3                        3                        3

v hard         0                        5                        5

please note 0 tokens for v hard in t/1/2/3/4

so as  "vets."   don't " seal club  " 

anyway just  my idea  needs a bit or work  

we then can pick  what we want to play as our skill levels  increase

game might be able to block  easy  or hard if skill levels are to high for pilots 

Edited by theOneWithaChatBan, 22 May 2020 - 05:33 PM.

Ziptop #8 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:53 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 6932 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
So much to like in this thread that I fear I may have just run out of my weekly "Like" allowance. 

Aimless #9 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4134 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostblindfoId, on 22 May 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

I'd favour every change. You gave me a similar answer to a similar suggestion in an older thread, but this must have been already 2 years ago. Don't you think it's about time for something to happen? Like, before we're all too old and wobbly to hold a mouse?

Vladinir_Shotitov #10 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5055 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Block Quote

Like, before we're all too old and wobbly to hold a mouse?

This, in the week I received my free bus pass in the post.  Life can be so cruel, eh?
For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

_Mutley_ #11 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:47 AM

Airman Basic

• 11094 battles
  • [AAPD] AAPD

@ Apartclassic...Thankyou for taking the time and making the effort to post (Again) on this topic.

very constructive and absolutely the way daily missions should be rebalanced .

Edited by _Mutley_, 23 May 2020 - 05:51 AM.

blindfoId #12 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:14 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostAimless, on 23 May 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

I'd favour every change. You gave me a similar answer to a similar suggestion in an older thread, but this must have been already 2 years ago. Don't you think it's about time for something to happen? Like, before we're all too old and wobbly to hold a mouse?

I'm pretty sure I didn't post anithing on EU forums 2 years ago :) However, changes to Daily missions did happen about a year ago: some of them were completely removed from the list. For example, missions that required Mining plants and CCs in their conditions as, IIRC, there was only one map at Tier I that had Mining plant and/or CC. 

Also tagged with change, numbers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users