Combining bomber Tier V equipment and skills?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_GoGen_ #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

Airman Basic

• 221 battles

There are many explanations about upgrading each component and crew, but I'm interested in the effect of combining a few of them, on example of Ju 88 A tier V bomber, so I don't make crucial mistake as beginner and lose points in vain.

First...

One pilot's perk is Engine Guru I: engine thrust +3%, improved acceleration (but how much?)). After Demolition Expert I'll go for Engine II but that's distant future.

TURRET

Which service should I go for? I'm rarely attacked at 3400m, but when I am, half the time it ends up badly despite gunner's Precision skill.

Turret Armor protection enhancement? Negative is -3,8% loss of maximum speed with boost activated

Question:

Would my present pilot skill compensate for this?

... or Turret Gunsight? Positive is +25% range (=750m), but also -17% gunners resistance to injuries!

Question:

In your first hand experience (not excel math), would range of 750 m outeweigh more fragile gunner?

ENGINE

Guess I'll go for Engine Armor Protection because with +50% resistance, the penalty is -5,2% max speed with boost.

Though, with Turret armor -3,8% boost speed will drop a total of -9%, right?

How would you combo all above in Ju 88 A?

Thank you!

o7

CheefCoach #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 8023 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It is a game of try and errors. So try different combination and find the one that works for you . 

Engine protection have AA reduction bonuses, and I find those very useful. Buffing turret won't give you much of result, as it is crap to begun with. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

GonerNL #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13075 battles

I use turret gunsight on most bombers.

Bombing is a bit boring (IMHO), so jumping to turret and shooting chasers is fun !! I'm using a joystick, so I aim with that and use A and D keys to maneuver a bit.

TotalEgal #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 18670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

It's all a question of how you personally fly the plane.

You are very high, so you should go for protection skill. Engine guru I won't help you much. So next would be to increase your view range while not getting/making dmg.

For Gunner also view range and reduced dmg. 

Ziptop #5 Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7914 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

For turrets don't underestimate the fast reaction time skill (Quick Reflexes?) This probably won't make that much difference at altitude, but on the ground I find it helps. Defensive Fire skill is also a good one to chose. 

You basically want your gunner opening up as quickly as possible and to also reduce the effect of enemy fire. 

Edited by Ziptop, 12 June 2020 - 10:35 PM.

TotalEgal #6 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 18670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostZiptop, on 12 June 2020 - 10:17 PM, said:

For turrets don't underestimate the fast reaction time skill (Quick Reflexes?) This probably won't make that much difference at altitude, but on the ground I find it helps. Defensive Fire skill is also a good one to chose. 

You basically want your gunner opening up as quickly as possible and to also reduce the effect of enemy fire. 

For bomber, especially the ju88a this is not helpful. Because first he said he is attacked seldom at his altitudes and second the Gunner is still weak and the win for fast reaction are maybe 3-5 hitpoints.

Ziptop #7 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7914 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostTotalEgal, on 16 June 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

For bomber, especially the ju88a this is not helpful. Because first he said he is attacked seldom at his altitudes and second the Gunner is still weak and the win for fast reaction are maybe 3-5 hitpoints.

Fair point. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users