Panache

Jena Se Qua

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Discontinued #1 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2665 battles

So Last night I was thinking about my levels of Panache and how it would be possible to increase it.

I'm still grinding for ultimate Panache and would like any advice from pro players. And Panache unicorns or Panachicorns

The question is if you are a mid to good player (in Panache terms),  what is the next step to become a truly awesome player but with a pinch of Panache.

I need to get to the next level and 60% Panache wins is my goal. I Intend to achieve this task with Fighters as duh, clearly fighters posses lots of Panache.

Only the MOST Stylish can still produce Panache in other classes of plane. I doff my cap to those stylers who can achive this.

Any tips on Panache increasing and how to accomplish this most stylish and urbane sophistication but with fighters

Oh Just to add the word Panache again because I didn't say Panache enough in this thread.

Panache!

Edited by Discontinued, 21 May 2020 - 10:22 AM.

"May cause the explode problem"

levlos #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6030 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

Hey Disco,

When I read your text above and the subtle use of the French word "panache", I cannot but think about one particular beloved scene in the history of cinematography.

but first, some synonyms that all contain the consomn 'r':

and now, the "plat-de-resistance" ("s'il-vous-plait") , that you can all arrange to your liking, by substituting the words in italics with any of the words above (some work better than others).

"PILATE: Hoo hoo hoo ho. The little wascal has spiwit.

CENTURION: Has what, sir?

PILATE: Spiwit.

CENTURION: Yes. He did, sir.

PILATE: No, no. Spiwit, siw. Um, bwavado. A touch of dewwing-do.

CENTURION: Oh. Ahh, about eleven, sir.

PILATE: So, you dare to waid us.

BRIAN: To what, sir?

PILATE: Stwike him, Centuwion, vewy woughly!"

Could not resist, sorry.

Now, about panache, I have this simple idea: why not fight an entire battle upside down with the fireworks on ? That would be flamboyant enough ? Or do you need to make barrel rolls all the time too ?

Another very panachesque idea would be to win a battle without firing a single shot, just by ramming low-HP adversaries. Like in the medieval jousting matches. Very... "chevaleresque".

Edited by levlos, 21 May 2020 - 10:53 AM.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9496 battles
  • [__] __

Or win a battle without firing a single shot nor ramming, just by flying through melees with false targeting and then zooming away to repeat, thus creating a disturbance in the force.

You'll need a fast plane for this. If you can do it with the slowest, you'll need a wheelbarrow too :teethhappy:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:53 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 23102 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Do a mixed flight - take someone in tier 5 or 6, while you fly in a t1. It is essential that you keep broadcasting in general chat - in capital letters, of course - the following message:

'DELIVEWING MILK FOW WEAWY SOLDIEWS!! MILK FOW FWEE!!'

The biggest challenge will be evading bots though, as far as I know they are a vewy illitewate bunch. And wathew murdewous.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

Discontinued #5 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:27 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2665 battles

All of these are highly useful Panacheful suggestions

Maybe reversing the controls on the keyboard or joystick would also add to the general Panache-osity, also not shooting at anything seems like a valid tactic 

Thanks Panacheicorns 

Just ordered a bottle and will wear this fragrance, as I'm sure it will help and at £4:99 online, for sure I'm going smell of style and sophistication, Its certain to improve my gameplay. i will keep you posted with the results which will be earth shattering.

Its actually in beginners guide, under fragrance for improving wins. Most people didn't notice but here is the Link http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/53590-which-fragrance-for-improving-wins/

Why cant I like my own posts?

Edited by Discontinued, 21 May 2020 - 01:41 PM.

"May cause the explode problem"

apartclassic #6 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23102 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

My man, you're doing it wrong... that's a terribly expensive drink, and tastes rather meh. Granted, the smell might be interesting, but there is only one proper fuel for any Panache-hungry pilot. High-octane aviation gas, AvGas. Or its more accessible counterpart:

Spoiler

Vladinir_Shotitov #7 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5111 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
As any aviating Unicorns already know, putting Avgas (or F18 as it's known in NATO) in a turbine engine and expecting it to last more than a couple of hours is going to do the enemy's job for them :ohmy:.  Having said that, the RR Gnomes on the Whirlwind and Wessex I was, er, involved with in my younger days could withstand up to 5 hours before having to be scrapped - wartime use only.
For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

apartclassic #8 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23102 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 22 May 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

As any aviating Unicorns already know, putting Avgas (or F18 as it's known in NATO) in a turbine engine and expecting it to last more than a couple of hours is going to do the enemy's job for them :ohmy:.  Having said that, the RR Gnomes on the Whirlwind and Wessex I was, er, involved with in my younger days could withstand up to 5 hours before having to be scrapped - wartime use only.

Oh, you mean - we're talking about the thing that goes into the engine? Ah, I thought we're about the thing that goes into the pilot. For panache, you know, not for increased engine performance. Damn the language barrier ;)

Vladinir_Shotitov #9 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5111 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Block Quote

I thought we're about the thing that goes into the pilot

What Unicorns get up to in the privacy of their own accommodation is NO business of us decent, clean-living... oh, wait - you mean what they consume!  Duh, my bad :D

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

levlos #10 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6030 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View Postapartclassic, on 22 May 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Oh, you mean - we're talking about the thing that goes into the engine? Ah, I thought we're about the thing that goes into the pilot. For panache, you know, not for increased engine performance. Damn the language barrier ;)

"When Vikto Belenko reached the West, he related how officers and men often drank the alcohol used for the coolant and braking systems in aircraft. In fact, he told John Barron that the MIG-25 base he was assigned to north of Vladivostok was often immobilized, so rampant was the consumption of aircraft alcohol there. Observing that the MIG-25 needs half a ton of alcohol, Barron notes that in the Soviet Air Force it is popularly known as the "flying restaurant."

"The Heinkel 100's oil cooling system was conceptually similar to the water cooling system in that vapor was generated using the heat of the oil and condensed back to liquid by surface cooling through the skins of the airframe. A heat exchanger was used to cool the oil by boiling ethyl alcohol [...]. Condensed alcohol was collected by a series of bellows pumps and returned to a single header tank that fed the heat exchanger."

...sometimes, the pilots and machines share the same bodily fluids in order to better defeat the enemy :)

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

apartclassic #11 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23102 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 22 May 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

What Unicorns get up to in the privacy of their own accommodation is NO business of us decent, clean-living... oh, wait - you mean what they consume!  Duh, my bad :D

My friend, for a man of your station and of your - implied - age, you're quite spry. Or at least your imagination is. You know, the burden of winters passed ;)

KlausHetti #12 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14385 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Only veterans always talk about the war! :D

Morgen ist heute schon gestern! 

bug #13 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member