Have I missed something

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tilly042 #1 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 1069 battles

I was under the impression WOT and WOWP were tied together when it comes to premium and free XP.  I see I no longer have premium with WOWP when I have 300+ days with WOT.  Is that a glitch or is WG being, well, WG?

I don't play WOWP very often, hence this is a new one on me.

Edited by Tilly042, 22 May 2020 - 09:28 PM.

Aimless #2 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5221 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It is, well, WG. They changed something some months ago, and if you buy premium now in WoT, you have premium in WoT which gives you special advantages in WoT but no premium in the other titles. If you buy premium in the WoWP premium shop, you get the old unified premium which is also for WoT and WoWS, but without any particular advantages.

The good message is, if you play WoWP you won't run into economical trouble, unless you decide to play tier IX/X exclusively. And free XP can be earned much faster in WoWP with a standard account than in WoT with prem, and you can still spend it on tanks and planes.

Tilly042 #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:45 AM

Senior Airman

• 1069 battles

View PostAimless, on 22 May 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

It is, well, WG. They changed something some months ago, and if you buy premium now in WoT, you have premium in WoT which gives you special advantages in WoT but no premium in the other titles. If you buy premium in the WoWP premium shop, you get the old unified premium which is also for WoT and WoWS, but without any particular advantages.

The good message is, if you play WoWP you won't run into economical trouble, unless you decide to play tier IX/X exclusively. And free XP can be earned much faster in WoWP with a standard account than in WoT with prem, and you can still spend it on tanks and planes.

Thank you very much, that's very clear.  I really don't play this very often and missed this change so thank you again. 

Looks like on the rare occasion when I do play WOWP, it will be as a Free to Play player then.  WOWP and the ship one just isn't worth forking out for the very few games I've played on them.  never mind eh! 

Discontinued #4 Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

Yes WG up their usual tricks again!

Ships is just horrible at the moment I went back for a week and lasted 3 days its more like work than a game. 

"May cause the explode problem"

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4916 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTilly042, on 23 May 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

Thank you very much, that's very clear.  I really don't play this very often and missed this change so thank you again. 

Looks like on the rare occasion when I do play WOWP, it will be as a Free to Play player then.  WOWP and the ship one just isn't worth forking out for the very few games I've played on them.  never mind eh! 

There are three types of premium, two are game specific...WoT Premium and WoWS's Premium(gives 10% more credits and XP than WG premium). The third is WG Premium which covers all three games(what we're used to).

If you click on your name in the top right on any of the WG forums, you can see the Wargaming Premium option at the bottom of the drop box that covers all three games, click on that to get the option to purchase.

That option is not available on the main Portals of WoT or WoWS's, as WG claim having the two options would confuse people..........because they think everyone has problems reading.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Tilly042 #6 Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:16 PM

Senior Airman

• 1069 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 26 May 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

There are three types of premium, two are game specific...WoT Premium and WoWS's Premium(gives 10% more credits and XP than WG premium). The third is WG Premium which covers all three games(what we're used to).

If you click on your name in the top right on any of the WG forums, you can see the Wargaming Premium option at the bottom of the drop box that covers all three games, click on that to get the option to purchase.

That option is not available on the main Portals of WoT or WoWS's, as WG claim having the two options would confuse people..........because they think everyone has problems reading.

Thank you.  I truly need to stay off the booze.  I never noticed those options before!

Discontinued #7 Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:13 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2681 battles

View PostTilly042, on 26 May 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

Thank you.  I truly need to stay off the booze.  I never noticed those options before!

Heresy, you need to drink more for that moment of clarity!

"May cause the explode problem"

Merkwuerdigliebe #8 Posted 28 May 2020 - 04:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7301 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostTilly042, on 26 May 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

I truly need to stay off the booze.

No, you don't.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 28 May 2020 - 04:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users