Best planes for new players

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

General_Philip #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 82 battles

I just realized that if you complete daily mission you can get tokens which then you can exchange for premium account which I can use in WoT.

So I need a plane in tier I-IV, one in V-VII and one in VIII-X.

Or do I need more than one at each tier?

I have no idea which planes are good or bad. So I'd appreciate if you could tell me what the best planes (read OP) are to do the daily missions. (Tier VIII is kind of the farthest I'm willing to go. TX is way too far).

Tilly042 #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 1048 battles

I've only done a 1000 games and don't play very often but you can't go far wrong with anything Russian in any WG game.  After all, its a Russian game!!  

CheefCoach #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7596 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

As you have 18 battles right now, getting tokens from daily missions is plan for the next year. What you need to concentrate is to learn the game, and move up in tiers very slowly. Difference between WoT and WoWp is that tier 6 is HIGH tier in wowp. Advice for all new players is not to go to the next tier if you can't consistently kill 5 planes per battle in current tier. 

Whatever people tell you here, don't listen to them: Messershmit is the plane on which we all learn how to play the game, so you should play with the messershmits. 109B,E,F,G 209A, and 1092, 1011. That is what you need to play!

You will need more than one plane. You will need most of the planes to cover dailies. Half of them are for ground target hunters. 

Planes are in most part fairly balanced with few exceptions here and there. Republican line is pretty bad in my opinion so leave it for end. We are arguing about some planes are they in fact OP or not so much, but in end in this game it comes down to quality of humans who plays it. Good decisions leads to wins, and bad decisions leads to defeats. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

CheefCoach #4 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7596 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTilly042, on 23 May 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

I've only done a 1000 games and don't play very often but you can't go far wrong with anything Russian in any WG game.  After all, its a Russian game!!  

This game come from Kiev, Ukraine. I dare you to go there and call them Russians. 

P.S. Don't read this and comment that it come from Minsk, Belarus, because you would be 100 % wrong, and you will look stupid. 

https://ru.wikipedia...i/Persha_Studia
http://pershastudia.com

Edited by CheefCoach, 29 May 2020 - 06:21 AM.

Merkwuerdigliebe #5 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6458 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

For token grinding only i'd say Brit MRF line and german GA line. 

Oh i've noticed right now that you don't want to go further than tier 8. Replace german GAs with german bombers then.

Hurricanes (both tier 4 and 5) can get tons of kills and some GT too. Same for tier 8. German bombers are fragile but quite fast and carry some powerful bombs to quickly do lots of GTs

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 23 May 2020 - 07:28 PM.

General_Philip #6 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 82 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 23 May 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

As you have 18 battles right now, getting tokens from daily missions is plan for the next year. What you need to concentrate is to learn the game, and move up in tiers very slowly. Difference between WoT and WoWp is that tier 6 is HIGH tier in wowp. Advice for all new players is not to go to the next tier if you can't consistently kill 5 planes per battle in current tier. 

Whatever people tell you here, don't listen to them: Messershmit is the plane on which we all learn how to play the game, so you should play with the messershmits. 109B,E,F,G 209A, and 1092, 1011. That is what you need to play!

You will need more than one plane. You will need most of the planes to cover dailies. Half of them are for ground target hunters. 

Planes are in most part fairly balanced with few exceptions here and there. Republican line is pretty bad in my opinion so leave it for end. We are arguing about some planes are they in fact OP or not so much, but in end in this game it comes down to quality of humans who plays it. Good decisions leads to wins, and bad decisions leads to defeats. 

I'm not that new. I've played WoWP before on my other account. Actually had some tier 6s there but never spent time on learning about different planes. That's why I'm asking. I can kill about 5 tanks in every game ( I suck but not that much). Tnx for the advice.

apartclassic #7 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 23541 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostCheefCoach, on 23 May 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

This game come from Kiev, Ukraine. I dare you to go there and call them Russians. 

Actually, wrong. The company hails from Minsk, Byelaruss. It has the HQ (and tax commitments too, I presume) relocated to Nikosia on Cyprus, and that's the current official location of Wargaming. It's Persha Studios - delegated by WG to care for WoWP - that is the Ukrainian company.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

https://i.imgur.com/SdxyYWh.jpg

zen_monk_ #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9805 battles
  • [__] __

View PostCheefCoach, on 23 May 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

And I dare you back to go to Minsk and call them Ukrainians.

:teethhappy:

Edited by zen_monk_, 23 May 2020 - 08:01 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Merkwuerdigliebe #9 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6458 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postapartclassic, on 23 May 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

Actually, wrong. The company hails from Minsk, Byelaruss. It has the HQ (and tax commitments too, I presume) relocated to Nikosia on Cyprus, and that's the current official location of Wargaming. It's Persha Studios - delegated by WG to care for WoWP - that is the Ukrainian company.

Besides this is the only of WG's World of series that doesn't feature clearly OP russian vehicles in almost every tier. I can only think of Su10 as a clearly OP soviet plane in WoWP right now.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 23 May 2020 - 07:33 PM.

apartclassic #10 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:34 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23541 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostMerkwuerdigliebe, on 23 May 2020 - 07:31 PM, said:

Besides this is the only of WG's World of series that doesn't feature clearly OP russian vehicles. I can only think of Su10 as a clearly OP plane in WoWP right now.

Tu-1? Former domination of Yak-30? Former domination (and subsequent nerfs to the class as a whole) of ILs? Believe me, there is more than enough of 'balans' here. If you recall how Yaks flew in previous versions, and why La and MiG lines were introduced (with also rather unrealistic performance pretty often), you can clearly see the powercreep.

Merkwuerdigliebe #11 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6458 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postapartclassic, on 23 May 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

Tu-1? Former domination of Yak-30? Former domination (and subsequent nerfs to the class as a whole) of ILs? Believe me, there is more than enough of 'balans' here. If you recall how Yaks flew in previous versions, and why La and MiG lines were introduced (with also rather unrealistic performance pretty often), you can clearly see the powercreep.

I've left Tu1 out because it's premium. If his plan is, as it appears to be, to play WoWP only in order to get freeexp and tokens for WoT, i don't think he'll be into prems.

When i started play WoWP, some 4/5 months before 2.0 came out, Yaks were powerful but the game was already a HF dominated environment. Before that i can't say. I was too busy in killing IS3s back then :teethhappy:

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 23 May 2020 - 07:40 PM.

apartclassic #12 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:58 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 23541 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
If he intends to do freebie, I'd rather suggest the cookie cutter, i.e. Spitfire. Bf109 requires certain finesse, or experience, to be an 'easy' plane to fly. Spitfire line is a good all-rounder, will take him painless into t6 - by which moment he should know enough about the game to make his own choices. And just like Chief wrote, there in no single plane that covers all the period; certain dailies require certain class of planes, so a collection in hangar is a must, if one thinks of amassing token by dailies. On the other hand, tokens are also granted for medals and achievement (first of the day), before getting the diversified hangar they will probably make majority of the tokens the OP can get.

Edited by apartclassic, 23 May 2020 - 07:58 PM.

zen_monk_ #13 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9805 battles
  • [__] __
My 2C - the only line that can be constant in similar planes & style & earnings is Bf 110B on tier 4, Me 410 on tier 6 and HG II on tier 9 (sorry, you must skip 8).

Edited by zen_monk_, 23 May 2020 - 08:20 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

CheefCoach #14 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7596 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postapartclassic, on 23 May 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

In my book, game is originated where developers are, not where publisher is. Persha from Kiev develop the game, programmers were there, so that's why I consider this game that come from Kiev. 

CheefCoach #15 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7596 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postapartclassic, on 23 May 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

I can stile dominate with IL. La line is here since before I start playing regularly, and I started in autumn of 2013. The added Suhoi/Aleksey line: Su 9, I 211 and I 215, but we both know that Su 9 was and stile is crap. 

But: British Spitfires, Hurricanes and Tempest are a bit OP, and so are their lower tier Heavies, like Blenheim and Beufighter. German have 109 fighter line that is very powerful, maybe even borderline OP, BV line that is also very good, some of heavies, bombers and few ground attacks. Japanese have army line in form of OP Ki planes, as well as heavy fighters. Americans are bit lacking, but Mustangs use to be the best in the game in beta and before 2.0, P 40 is stile very strong plane, heavies are quite good, so are F4Us, and there is potential in top tier bombers after they finish them. Even french have Se 100. 

There is so many friking OP planes, that they can't all be OP. As far as Soviet goes, IL are the best attack planes in my opinion, but they are slow. Yaks are fast and agile, but they lack altitude. Yak gunships have good guns for good players, but they have no altitude and agility is mediocre. Migs are quite fine if you forget the guns with exception of nerfed I 220, and La are the most balanced, but they can't match Spitfires and Kis in same category on low and mid level. And their bombers are more fun that good with inaccurate bombs they have. 

General_Philip #16 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:28 PM

Airman Basic

• 82 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 23 May 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Ok, duly noted. So if I need most of the planes, what lines do you recommend to grind first?

Obviously no way all the lines are perfectly balanced. There must be some lines to avoid and some to start with.

I'll start playing German Heavy fighters. What other lines for Light, Multirole fighters, Bombers and Attack Aircrafts do you recommend?

Frateras #17 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10183 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
If you want to spend money Spitfire DB 605 T6 and TL 109 T8 but try to learn the game first. The BF - 109 B is the superior fighter in T4 and Spitfire and Bf 109 in T5 rule this tier. If you like heavies the Blenheim T4 personally I like most but  the Bf 110 is possible too. There is an American fighter in T4 which got plenty of firepower.Russian fighters got a very good maneuverability but a poor altitude. So I stopped exploring them.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

General_Philip #18 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 82 battles

View PostFrateras, on 23 May 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

If you want to spend money Spitfire DB 605 T6 and TL 109 T8 but try to learn the game first. The BF - 109 B is the superior fighter in T4 and Spitfire and Bf 109 in T5 rule this tier. If you like heavies the Blenheim T4 personally I like most but  the Bf 110 is possible too. There is an American fighter in T4 which got plenty of firepower.Russian fighters got a very good maneuverability but a poor altitude. So I stopped exploring them.

By American T4 do you mean that F4 line? 
What about tier 8 and higher? What do you recommend?

And if I wanted to spend money I'd spent it on premium account rather than work my a*s off for tokens.

It's not that I don't want to, It's because I live in a country with crushed economy and full-time job with only 100$ a month paycheck. Can't afford to spend money on the game.

CheefCoach #19 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7596 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGeneral_Philip, on 23 May 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

Ok, duly noted. So if I need most of the planes, what lines do you recommend to grind first?

Obviously no way all the lines are perfectly balanced. There must be some lines to avoid and some to start with.

I'll start playing German Heavy fighters. What other lines for Light, Multirole fighters, Bombers and Attack Aircrafts do you recommend?

German light fighter line, so Bf 109. It is not just because it is very good line that carries until tier 10, but also because you will learn the most with it. You will learn about altitude, energy fighting, keeping speed, keeping guns cool, fighting when you are less agile, and tactically fighting against bombers. At tier 7 and 8, you will also learn how to use big guns. After them you can lean other energy fighter line like MiGs, and at the end Mustangs. Messershmits are introduction into heavy fighter playing style, with high altitude, energy fighting, and blasting enemy with guns and flying away. Heavies are interdiction into multi role fighter who does same time, but also have some GT role. 

You also need pure bread dogfight, like Yak line (Yak 1), with learn how to turn, control your speed, and win 1 vs 1 fight, as well how to hold and defend sector. After you master both Me and Yak, you can combine them into mid altitude lines like Spitfires, KIs, and Las. 

At end you need some GT chaser, so there is nothing better than IL. You will learn how to effectively cap a sector, how to manage ordinance (rockets and bombs) and optimize them for maximum effect ,and how to think strategically. Strategical thinking is preparation for the bomber lines, but those won't teach you much. 

At the very end you can try heavy gunships like Yak 9 or Japanese heavies. 

So get 109B,E, Yak 1, IL 2 and maybe Ju 88A for start. 

If you play every day, you will get unique crate on Sunday, and those can give you premium planes and gold. Don't rush with buying premium planes, and always wait for discount. 

Edited by CheefCoach, 23 May 2020 - 09:11 PM.

BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4741 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCheefCoach, on 23 May 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:

If you play every day, you will get unique crate on Sunday, and those can give you premium planes and gold. Don't rush with buying premium planes, and always wait for discount. 

^^What he said.

As a new player who hasn't spent much money(or any) yet.....you can just play at least one game a day that scores over 3000 personal points(quite a low bar).....and you can get Gold, free XP, modules, etc....or even free premium planes(of which there are many). I managed to get quite a few free ones over the course of a year...but one still eludes me....the Hurricane IID, I'm willing to wait, it's only a matter of time. Even so, in this year alone, I've collected over 6,000 gold(free)...which gives you a choice of quite a few good premium planes from the tech tree.

PS:- Tomorrow is Sunday....I'll play one game and get a free crate to open as I've played one game everyday since Monday(reaching the 3000 personal point cap in each)...what will the surprise be? 

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 24 May 2020 - 12:04 AM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users