trivia boring redundant

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Vladinir_Shotitov #1 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

I was admiring the shiny new toy in the hangar when I realised I'd never actually paid attention to one of the details in-game before.  The air gunner in my RAF aircraft held the rank of Chief Technician.  OK, I know this is trivial - but Chief Tech only appeared in the Orbat in 1950, and is ONLY for ground trades.  You can't even say that it could be a senior armourer dragged into the aircraft because he understands the innermost function of the Brownings, as (AFAIK) THAT particular trade doesn't have Chief Techs; it isn't considered 'technical' enough.  If you want to annoy an armourer in the RAF (not difficult...), sing him/her the Armourers Song (to the tune of "A" You're Adorable):

"A - I'm an armourer,

R - I'm an armourer,

Z - I'm an armourer nowwwww,

3 - I'm an armourer,

Red - I'm an armourer..."

...and so on, ad infinitum ad nauseam

So, anyway - I've sacked him.

...I promise not to get annoyed at the fact that aircraft which are clearly 1946-and-later have Warrant Officer pilots, instead of the Master Pilots who were the apex of the RAF non-commissioned aircrew branch from that year forward.  They were still around into the late 1970s.. top people.

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

rimmer_the #2 Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

Airman Basic

• 62 battles
  • [TDDHD] TDDHD
Its a arcade game, for historical accuracy try some actual hitorical-focused games. 

Vladinir_Shotitov #3 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Yup - that's why the title refers to a tiny niggle.  Thanks for taking the time to contribute, though...

Vladinir_Shotitov #4 Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Got another tiny annoyance to share - that loading screen with the Hurricanes intercepting the Ju88s... has anyone pointed out to WG that the Hurri only has one canopy, which can be open OR shut but not both?

Also tagged with trivia, boring, redundant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users