July Deals

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
From July 1 till August 1, the Premium Shop will offer you bundles for making your game more comfortable!

Full news text

GonerNL #2 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12999 battles

Mmmm, only plane I don't have is the M.20, not really interested.

What is the special camo for the Venom ?

I already have 2 ; the Halloween skin + skull emblem and a dark/olive green paintjob with red cowling (no emblem).

Spartan_93 #3 Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1789 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

Block Quote

Note that the bundle items that come as a bonus will not be compensated.

I already have all of the planes, that means I will not get any of the bonus items, or? Not even the supply boxes?

This compensation rule should be revised.

invader_from_mars #4 Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13035 battles

Heinkel He 100 D-1...:facepalm: Those guns oh my god...this aircraft is a bad joke. Wonder why dont you see any of this in battles? Because the armament is goddamn pathetic

GonerNL #5 Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12999 battles

View PostSpartan_93, on 01 July 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

I already have all of the planes, that means I will not get any of the bonus items, or? Not even the supply boxes?

Yeah, description is poorly worded ...

The supply boxes belong under 'this package contains', not under 'bonus'. That would mean that if you gave some unique supplies, they will not be compensated ?

This package contains:

de_oh4rFH5.pngclassfighter.pngv_XnCVbMd.png Heinkel He 100 D-1
de_oh4rFH5.pngclassbomber_maaPWB2.pngiii_4xjtRL6.png Junkers Ju 86 E
awardhangar_2.png х2 Hangar slots

Bonus:

boosterintensivetrainingl.pngх1 100% trained crew for the Heinkel He 100 D-1 with 5 free skill points
boosterintensivetrainingl.pngх1 100% trained crew for the Junkers Ju 86 E with 5 free skill points
trophyunique.png x2 Unique Supplies

Spartan_93 #6 Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 1789 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostGonerNL, on 01 July 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

Yeah, description is poorly worded ...

The supply boxes belong under 'this package contains', not under 'bonus'. That would mean that if you gave some unique supplies, they will not be compensated ?

There is the same problem with the Venom painting, I don't have the painting, and I will not get it even if I buy the package because I already have the plane.

And it is very unreasonable to sell the plane for credits and waste the gold compensation, just to get the painting.

@blindfold: would you kindly tell the marketing-guy, that this compensation rule sucks.

Edited by Spartan_93, 01 July 2020 - 04:11 PM.

houghtonbee #7 Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:59 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6565 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 01 July 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

Heinkel He 100 D-1...:facepalm: Those guns oh my god...this aircraft is a bad joke. Wonder why dont you see any of this in battles? Because the armament is goddamn pathetic

Useful for the silly assist daily missions though.

apartclassic #8 Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 01 July 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

This is an extremelly wrong opinion - but then again, I'm not the best example. Plus, how many other planes with surface evaporation cooling system do you know of? How cool is that?!

Edited by apartclassic, 01 July 2020 - 05:22 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Vladinir_Shotitov #9 Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6367 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Block Quote

how many other planes with evaporation cooling system do you know of? How cool is that?!

1.   If there was a penalty points system for the worst "Dad" jokes, you would get the full broadside :teethhappy:, and

2.   In the hands of ordinary mortal players, the cooling is provided by all the bullet/ cannon-shell/  AA fragments that tear gaping holes through your airframe while you tear around the battlefield actually trying to damage something.  OK, so now I have to search under the dust-sheets and take mine out for its first post-2.0 airing... am not expecting miracles, but then again the Hurri IID was transformed after 2.x so perhaps miracles can happen.

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

Grison_SE #10 Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5101 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posthoughtonbee, on 01 July 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

Useful for the silly assist daily missions though.

It's fast, turns well and got altitude. The T3 guns never overheat. I hated it when I first tried it, but now I use it for those assist missions. Up high, spray bullets at everything, run away or turnfight at high alt. 

Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

apartclassic #11 Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 01 July 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

1.   If there was a penalty points system for the worst "Dad" jokes, you would get the full broadside :teethhappy:, and

2.   In the hands of ordinary mortal players, the cooling is provided by all the bullet/ cannon-shell/  AA fragments that tear gaping holes through your airframe while you tear around the battlefield actually trying to damage something.  OK, so now I have to search under the dust-sheets and take mine out for its first post-2.0 airing... am not expecting miracles, but then again the Hurri IID was transformed after 2.x so perhaps miracles can happen.

As a matter of fact, point 2 was exactly the reason why the plane was not accepted. It had superior performance, was significantly faster and more agile than the Bf109. There were plans to mount heavier armament too. Heinkel's team seems to have been a lot better at engineering than Willi Messerschmitt, but the latter was better at marketing (it's a known fact now that Bf109 won the official competition through internal politics in the Ministry, not by beating the competition with performance) - and Heinkel ended up tasked with bombers and attack planes, while Willi was destined to work on LF and variants of them. Unfortunately the issue was precisely as mentioned - any and all damage sustained in combat led to the loss of cooling liquid (water) and effectively rendered the plane useless. It didn't even have to be intentional fire during dogfights, even flak shrapnel had the potential to rupture the pipes. Moreover, I don't even know if the system was tested in extremelly low temperatures - now imagine He-100 during Russian winter, with temperatures below minus 30 degrees Celsius; I imagine that once the wings 'froze', you would be out of planes. Field airfields just didn't have the equipment to keep them Heinkels warm, and there was only so much wood to keep the soldiers going. Quite possibly with the current technology it could be feasible to build and fly such a design, perhaps even in combat conditions, but the costs and risks are too high. In WoWP though it's one of those hidden gems; do not listen to me if you're thinking about buying it, I'm biased and certainly not a good reference, but I have a lot of fun flying this bird.

Edited by apartclassic, 01 July 2020 - 06:37 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

FlyingDutchman69 #12 Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6232 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
the he 100 is indeed a very good plane

Vladinir_Shotitov #13 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6367 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Hmm - just tried it for myself in 3 battles: top tier (lost), bottom tier (lost again) and bottom tier (won).  OK - it came first in the team in the first 2 battles and 3rd in the win, and in the first battle we had one of apartclassic's absolute favourite phenomena - the flight of one tier 5 and one tier 3 on our 'team'.   Howeverrrrrr.... (you knew I was going to say that..), I think Grison_SE has the perfect summary; it's just as well your guns never overheat (actually they do, as I found when I was the only friendly shooting at the bot bombers), because damage is piddly.  Loads of assists, because the aforementioned bombers were all (annoyingly) finished off by ADA Beaufighters.  For sheer joi de vol, especially at high altitude, she's a winner, but battle is not an aerobatic competition (so why do we still fork out a fortune for the Red Arrows in this country?) and this thing needs to be able to kill enemy aircraft.  I might have to open my secret drawer of (whisper it softly) premium ammo, accumulated over many months of freebie weekend-event handouts.  Or maybe just put her back under the dustcovers.
For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

GonerNL #14 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12999 battles
I bought a magazine recently with an article about German plane exports to Japan ; some Bf-109, Fw-190, an Me-210 and 3 He-100's ! They seem to have been the inspiration for the Ki-61 ...

RoyalFlyingCorps #15 Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17682 battles
Very roughly, adopt the approach you would with a Mustang, keep it fast and high, and the He 100 D-1 is fine, plus it manoeuvres quite well when compared to those American fighters.  It's not the first aircraft a new player should consider, but in more experienced hands it's pretty good.

Frateras #16 Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:51 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 10420 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
I've just looked for that deal, but I can't find it.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

RoyalFlyingCorps #17 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17682 battles

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wowp/main/18887/

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wowp/main/18888/

The first link is to the Vickers Venom, the second to the Heinkel HE 100 D-1.  Try those?

GonerNL #18 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12999 battles

View PostFrateras, on 02 July 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

I've just looked for that deal, but I can't find it.

Are you logged in ?? Site doesn't show all offers to 'guests' ...

nitemare_gary #19 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2667 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

He he,

I just read the description for the "Made In Germany" bundle. It reads:

Details

This bundle includes a full-fledged Flight — two British fighters! Heinkel He 100 D-1 boasts excellent airspeed and altitude performance, which makes it a real gamechanger at high altitudes. There's no boost that can save your opponent from this fighter's machine guns. Its partner, the Junkers Ju 86 E, is also effective at high altitudes. One can only envy the aircraft's survivability and resistance to critical damage, and 16 bombs can sweep away any armored enemy's ground target. Don't forget about the bonus — experienced crew with free skill points, and unique supplies in which you can find Premium aircraft, equipment, consumables, ammunition, Hangar slots, gold, and much more! 

Fixed!

Edit: However, this isn't going to stop me buying it. I've been after the Ju 86 for ages.

Edited by nitemare_gary, 02 July 2020 - 02:23 PM.

Like the top post on this topic:http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:

blindfoId #20 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 01 July 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

Mmmm, only plane I don't have is the M.20, not really interested.

What is the special camo for the Venom ?

I already have 2 ; the Halloween skin + skull emblem and a dark/olive green paintjob with red cowling (no emblem).

It's the Haloween skin with a skull emblem. The Venom is dressed in this decoration set on the picture in the article and in the Premium Shop.

View PostSpartan_93, on 01 July 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

If you have all the planes you will still receive unique supplies. The no-compensation thing refers to paint scheme, emblem and crew only. We'll edit the announcement to make it more comprehensible. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users