Rabid AA

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

I've posted about this before. I have had responses before and yes, I have also read the developers mission statement regarding the tweaks they made.

So, fine. But...

If the game is going to have rabid AA then at least make it indiscriminate. If you are in close combat with a defender over a hostile sector and the AA is bursting around you both, then have it effect both aircraft. Defenders should not be immune to their own AA fire. 

Might actually be fun to see ground fire flip it's own sector because of friendly fire incidents eh? (because the way the AA works now I'm pretty sure this would happen)

apartclassic #2 Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
Actually it doesn't discriminate. I have not tested it per se, but I know for sure I was damaged by my own AA. If it wasn't AA, it was some very strange case of delayed damage coming out of nowhere.

Edited by apartclassic, 05 July 2020 - 11:52 AM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ziptop #3 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View Postapartclassic, on 05 July 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

Actually it doesn't discriminate. I have not tested it per se, but I know for sure I was damaged by my own AA. If it wasn't AA, it was some very strange case of delayed damage coming out of nowhere.

well we know that "delayed damage coming out of nowhere" is also a feature of World of Warplanes - often one simply has to chalk that up to simulated bird strike, especially when it happens in the middle of nowhere, many km from the nearest enemy and results in a critical hit.

zen_monk_ #4 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10412 battles
  • [__] __

View PostZiptop, on 05 July 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

well we know that "delayed damage coming out of nowhere" is also a feature of World of Warplanes - often one simply has to chalk that up to simulated bird strike, especially when it happens in the middle of nowhere, many km from the nearest enemy and results in a critical hit.

"Bird strike", the same as "the last ADA heroically pushed all his courage into a final resilience act of his plane" and became immortal.

This "bird strike" is server slapping you with damage not processed at the time it was received.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Ziptop #5 Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View Postzen_monk_, on 05 July 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

"Bird strike", the same as "the last ADA heroically pushed all his courage into a final resilience act of his plane" and became immortal.

This "bird strike" is server slapping you with damage not processed at the time it was received.

It appears it can sometimes take a good long while to process that...I used to have a computer like that also, I could make a cup of tea while it decided what to do next...

Frateras #6 Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10420 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
AA fire is not nice but if speed and altitude are permanently changed it is not crucial in opposite to this server lags. To guess the right advance for the gun fire is crucial above a base full of reds. Especially when I shoot from the side

Edited by Frateras, 05 July 2020 - 09:42 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

Ziptop #7 Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

Having just had my wings torn off by AA while in active pursuit combat of a hostile aircraft which I was so close to that the AA was bursting in front of and between us both I am wondering just how much more twisting and turning I actually have to do in order to avoid being shredded by AA.

This was not a straight chase. This was a tight turn fight which featured vertical as well as horizontal elements. Had AA fire been effective against us both the target I was chasing would have been killed (by AA or a combination of AA and my fire) long before I was and the sector would have flipped. 

Frateras #8 Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10420 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
craphappens, things like that happens all ten or twenty games to me and I'm shot down to often to keep that in mind.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users