How to deal with sore losers

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Spuggy #1 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

So, just won a battle fairly easily. It is the closing moments of the battle (last 90 seconds) and I was chasing a player Spitfire Ia who was chasing a bomber. He turned when he noticed me getting close and we merged.

He was at about 30% HP at the beginning of the merge and I was at about +75% HP. We merged into a collision and he exploded and I flew away with about 50% HP. He made absolutely no attempt to avoid the collision. We both flew completely straight.

I knew, from game mechanics, that I would survive the collision and he would die. I also had good reason to believe he would likely be able to out turn me and that the collision was the best option.

After the battle I received a DM from him. Here is our exchange below. (See attachment)

shot_032a (2).jpg

My question is....... was I too harsh?

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10491 battles
  • [__] __

Sure is funny to read :teethhappy:

In these situations it's enough just "It takes two to tango."

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

CheefCoach #3 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 8366 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

You need to apologize to him. Problem solved. 

There are some people who haven't understand that ramming is legitimate combat tactic. And that in 98% of time it take two fro ram. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

0berhessen #4 Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6150 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

i would say report his d*mn clan for using sh*tty NAZI symbols as a clantag. :izmena:

btw you forgot to remove his name top of the chat window...

Edit: clanlogo has been changed

Edited by 0berhessen, 14 July 2020 - 05:20 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Merkwuerdigliebe #5 Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7286 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
I do usually answer: "Oh sorry, mate. I did it on purpose"

Merkwuerdigliebe #6 Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7286 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostCheefCoach, on 08 July 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

You need to apologize to him. Problem solved. 

There are some people who haven't understand that ramming is legitimate combat tactic. And that in 98% of time it take two fro ram. and who think Aristotle was Belgian.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 09 July 2020 - 05:48 AM.

Balls_of_Fire #7 Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:57 AM

Senior Airman

• 884 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 09 July 2020 - 04:36 AM, said:

i would say report his d*mn clan for using sh*tty NAZI symbols as a clantag. :izmena:

btw you forgot to remove his name top of the chat window...

thats what they use:

https://de.wikipedia...vision_Logo.svg

compare:

https://clans.worldo...ce=user-profile

Edit: @blindfold Ticket ID125254500

The red star it's forbidden in various European Countries. Should I now report all Russian aircraft users for use of prohibited symbols:facepalm:.
Sorry, in Germany lot of people have too much time to emplay with useless things......

This one is simple Stupid. So, now i wasted 5. min of my live for nothing.

0berhessen #8 Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6150 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View PostBalls_of_Fire, on 09 July 2020 - 06:57 AM, said:

The red star it's forbidden in various European Countries. Should I now report all Russian aircraft users for use of prohibited symbols:facepalm:.
Sorry, in Germany lot of people have too much time to emplay with useless things......

This one is simple Stupid. So, now i wasted 5. min of my live for nothing.

There are rules made by Wargaming, they call it "EULA". Not sure if someone ever read them when creating an account.

I strongly doubt it.

But in fact check it here:

https://legal.eu.war.../en/game-rules/

check nr.3 and again check 3.12

Maybe you waste another 5 minutes of your life, like the 5 minutes you obviously needed to write your reply, lol. But who cares... :honoring:

Edited by 0berhessen, 09 July 2020 - 07:16 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

levlos #9 Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7549 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 09 July 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

[...]

Oh, the 3rd SS Division, a.k.a Totenkopf, one of my favourites (sic).

The Totenkopf was initially formed from concentration camp guards of the 1st (Oberbayern), 2nd (Brandenburg) and 3rd (Thüringen) Standarten (regiments) of the SS-Totenkopfverbände, and men from the SS Heimwehr Danzig. Members of other SS militias were also transferred into the division in early 1940; these units had been involved in multiple massacres of Polish civilians, political leaders and prisoners of war.

[SS-Totenkopfverbände (SS-TV; literally "Death's Head Units")[2] was the SS organization responsible for administering the Nazi concentration camps and extermination camps for Nazi Germany, among similar duties.[3] While the Totenkopf (skull) was the universal cap badge of the SS, the SS-TV also wore the Death's Head insignia on the right collar tab to distinguish itself from other Nazi Schutzstaffel (SS) formations. ]

Known war crimes of the 3rd SS division:

- Soldiers from SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 1 killed 92 civilians in Aubigny-en-Artois in France 22 May 1940.
- 45 civilians in Vandelicourt / Berles-Montchel were killed by soldiers from SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 2 22 May 1940.
- Soldiers from SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 1 and SS-Pionier-Bataillon Totenkopf killed 48 civilians in Beuvry 24 May 1940.
- On 27 May 1940 at Le Paradis 4th company of the 2nd regiment, commanded by SS-Obersturmführer Fritz Knöchlein, killed 100 Brittish POWs.
- Soldiers from Totenkopf were involved in the killings of black French colonial POWs at Lyon during the invasion of France 1940.
- Generalmajor Otto Lancelle, commander of 121. Infanterie-Division, on 5 July 1941 made an official complaint to LVI Panzerkorps about soldiers of SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 1 looting the town of Kraslau (Krāslava) after it was captured by the German forces.

This is about what we know. I doubt anything done on the Eastern Front has been documented.

So, well, this is history. We are playing a historically-inspired game, and with internet, you can find out in 10 seconds if the logo you use has been used by concentration-camp war-criminals. If you still use it, it is because you WANT it to be known you admire the SS deeds and are envious of the idea behind their creation. We are living dangerous times of revisionism and alternate facts, furious at being left out by the ruling elite and frustrated at our helplessness. What should we look up to ? Who will we gather around of to build a new Utopia ?

I will leave you guys to think about whether the SS history should serve as a nucleus for a better tomorrow.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

raketak_ #10 Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10792 battles

I remember Dym... same think. He complain in game when I kill him by face to face ram. I was in heavy, he in light. After this all time when we meet in battle I say him hello and propose next ram :)

ramming him was my target for games and this was fun.

You can focus him or as CheefCoach say you can say sorry to him. And RAM him next time :)

zen_monk_ #11 Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10491 battles
  • [__] __
...usually the guys in Spitfires like to go head-to-head with anything bigger/heavier than them. And moan afterwards. (maybe later they comfort themselves with strafing factories)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Spuggy #12 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

houghtonbee #13 Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7180 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Lol same chap accused me of 'kill stealing' when on his team not long ago. His only answer to my query on whether i should have taken the time to type out requests as to who was shooting who whilst in the middle of a battle was to start with abuse....

houghtonbee #14 Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 7180 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
In answer to the question posed in the thread title, the best way to deal with them is focus them if they are on the opposite team in future games and shoot them down as often as possible, guaranteed to wind them up more than anything you can say to them.

Spuggy #15 Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 09 July 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

In answer to the question posed in the thread title, the best way to deal with them is focus them if they are on the opposite team in future games and shoot them down as often as possible, guaranteed to wind them up more than anything you can say to them.

I do that to a player called Mig_the_Conqueror. Not because he is mean spirited or a sore loser or a bad player. He is none of these things. He and I just seem to often play at the same time of day and are almost always on opposite teams.

He's a good sport and a good player and I think we enjoy hunting each other  

Glaukenstucken #16 Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

Senior Airman

• 5977 battles

My standard reply:

Visit https://tinybuddha.com/blog/4-steps-to-deal-with-disappointment/

Ziptop #17 Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8185 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

I at first read this as "how to deal with sore Lasers" and had to check the post to see if WG had introduced a new Sci-Fi mode aircraft to the game and to find out where to get it.....

RoyalFlyingCorps #18 Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18117 battles
So you never saw the UFO in the game a few years back?

Spuggy #19 Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 13 July 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

So you never saw the UFO in the game a few years back?

This one?

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/ufo-sightings/

I actually missed this

Frateras #20 Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10653 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
The issue is, we don't want Neonazis here. At least the Germans can be bashed.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users