• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Merkwuerdigliebe #21 Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8232 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostFrateras, on 13 July 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

The issue is, we don't want Neonazis here. At least the Germans can be bashed.

Note how they avoid ramming. Smart nazis.

bug #22 Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13738 battles

I know a player that should get chatban much more often than he get. I am rather shocked he dont get banned some times, to be honest. Especially when players take their bombers over airports instead of military bases, ground attackers act as defence aircrafts over garrisons, spitfires attacking ground targets and you name it. The things he calls them... :facepalm:

He mostly behave after a break and a cup of tea. Just saying.

Aimless #23 Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5811 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbug, on 15 July 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

I know a player that should get chatban much more often than he get. I am rather shocked he dont get banned some times, to be honest. Especially when players take their bombers over airports instead of military bases, ground attackers act as defence aircrafts over garrisons, spitfires attacking ground targets and you name it. The things he calls them... :facepalm:

He mostly behave after a break and a cup of tea. Just saying.

I never knew you're such an emotional one! :ohmy:

SonOfHouseWren #24 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:43 PM

Senior Airman

• 1056 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 09 July 2020 - 07:13 AM, said:

There are rules made by Wargaming, they call it "EULA". Not sure if someone ever read them when creating an account.

I strongly doubt it.

But in fact check it here:

https://legal.eu.war.../en/game-rules/

check nr.3 and again check 3.12

Maybe you waste another 5 minutes of your life, like the 5 minutes you obviously needed to write your reply, lol. But who cares... :honoring:

Thanks to many reports, I often have time to read the rules.In the eyes of diffrent viewer, your nick has two hidden SS glorifications. The OBER for Obersturmbannführer, and the doubble ss in Hessen. And i remember i learn that the Obersturmbannführer was speciel one SS rank. So your nick is a just a way to avoid the rules? iam sure is not, but someone can Interpret so.....

This game have Bigger problems as this Stupid Clantags!!!:facepalm:

apartclassic #25 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27979 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Erm....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesse

It's a city, a county (land), and quite a few more. There is also a Nobel prize winner going by the name - surprise surprise - Hermann Hesse. And a truckload of other instances of double S (scharf s) in German language. I am not German, and my German is rather poor, but I would think these basic facts are or should be common knowledge. As far as I was able to research, the origing of double S in German grammar and proper names (of places, of people etc) was not a homage to Waffen SS.

Ober or Oberst is indeed a shortened version of a rank in German military. It is also a word meaning 'higher' (notice the difference to English 'over'). An Oberst is also present in Norwegian. An 'ober' was a traditional form of referring to a head waiter in a restaurant in Polish language.

You missed, mate. And EULA is rather clear and strict. I myself have reported a lot of names and some clan tags for breaching EULA, and being offensive. Sometimes it's not 'some' regulations that matter, sometimes it's a question of decency and empathy.

Having said that - I am looking at you, Aimless! What are you hiding??? And bummer, I also looked at my nick... Darn hidden glorifications and stuff....

Edited by apartclassic, 24 July 2020 - 02:03 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #26 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10922 battles
  • [__] __

...and the state of Hessen is divided into three provinces: Starkenburg, Rhenish Hesse and Upper Hesse which in German is... can you guess?

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Merkwuerdigliebe #27 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8232 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
Mortimer Brewster: The name Brewster is code for Roosevelt.
Teddy Brewster: Code for Roosevelt?
Mortimer Brewster: Yes. Don't you see? Take the name Brewster, take away the B, and what have you got?
Teddy Brewster: Rooster!
Mortimer Brewster: Uh-huh. And what does a rooster do?
Teddy Brewster: Crows.
Mortimer Brewster: It crows. And where do you hunt in Africa?
Teddy Brewster: On the veldt!
Mortimer Brewster: There you are: crows - veldt!
Teddy Brewster: Ingenious! My compliments to the boys in the code department.

Ziptop #28 Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostBalls_of_Fire, on 24 July 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

Thanks to many reports, I often have time to read the rules.In the eyes of diffrent viewer, your nick has two hidden SS glorifications. The OBER for Obersturmbannführer, and the doubble ss in Hessen. And i remember i learn that the Obersturmbannführer was speciel one SS rank. So your nick is a just a way to avoid the rules? iam sure is not, but someone can Interpret so.....

I think you might be over interpreting a name there mate....when all the clues actually point here...

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lich

Spuggy #29 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

View PostBalls_of_Fire, on 24 July 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

jakub_czyli_ja #30 Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6866 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

It may be funny for you, as it's obviously ridiculous, but be warned that good few years ago WG reset nicks which had double s in them, regardless of meaning.

Also endangered should feel all who have 18 or 88 in nicks.

hardy9z9 #31 Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9277 battles
  • [JG-GA] JG-GA

The double-S is a normal using in the german language. Tons of subjekts are written with it an anything has the meaning of the "Nazi SS group". This words are older than the Nazi-population in the WW2. Here are some examples for those who have not learnt german language:

Wasser, Sessel, Fluss, Schloss, Kuss, Nuss, Tross, Fass, Stress, Kissen, Schuss, Kessel, Rüssel

Translationservice for you:

Water, armchair, river, lock ore castle, kiss, nut, pack, barrel, stress, pillow, shot, cauldron, trunk 

And watch out for the "ss" in the translated english example-words "stress" and "kiss".

apartclassic #32 Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27979 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 25 July 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

It may be funny for you, as it's obviously ridiculous, but be warned that good few years ago WG reset nicks which had double s in them, regardless of meaning.

Also endangered should feel all who have 18 or 88 in nicks.

I've been reporting people with 666 in nicks as well, and as far as I know, quite a few got it reset. EULA and naming policy covers both politics/history, and religious themes.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

jakub_czyli_ja #33 Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6866 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posthardy9z9, on 25 July 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

The double-S is a normal using in the german language. Tons of subjekts are written with it an anything has the meaning of the "Nazi SS group". This words are older than the Nazi-population in the WW2.

And despite that, there won't be for example a Finnish cammo with original markings from Winter War (like for Brewster Buffalo).

0berhessen #34 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6653 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View PostBalls_of_Fire, on 24 July 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

Man, please stop "comparing" !

Their clantag was clearly showing the insignia of an double S Unit, which is not acceptable.

Why? That is described a few posts earlier in this thread by levlos

My Username has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi crap.

Its like in your first answer where you compared the use of Nazi Symbols in this game with the forbidden use of the red star in some European countries.

Read it slowly ... this ...is ...not ...the ...topic!

I am not so sure what your intentions are, do you want them to make the game better?

As you write "this game have bigger problems as this stupid clantags"

Which are these problems from your point of view? Can you substantiate?

Edited by 0berhessen, 27 July 2020 - 04:34 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

zen_monk_ #35 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10922 battles
  • [__] __

View Post0berhessen, on 27 July 2020 - 05:30 AM, said:

I am not so sure what your intentions are, do you want them to make the game better?

Yes he is, and maybe he's on the right track there.

Take a careful look at this map. It is obvious why you've picked that name for your nick (besides all the well hidden symbolisms, of course)

It is clear for all to see how Oberhessen dominates other two areas when they're supposed to be the same! Not to mention a decent Bayern and poor Baden dropped at the very bottom.

So your nick (again, not mentioning well hidden symbols) brings disbalance, causes server lags and makes ADA planes of your team indestructible for the opponents.

Busted! You should be ashamed of yourself!

zgubny #36 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15270 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

OBERHESSEN is the code name for Robert Hossein , a famous  intelligencer of ww2 , disguised as a movie star

sent in France to instill vice and virtue ...

Donatien Alphonse François de Sade - Le Vice et la Vertu - - sur ...       Vice and Virtue | One Sheet | Movie Posters | Limited Runs 

0berhessen #37 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6653 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View Postzen_monk_, on 27 July 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

Busted! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Come on... Oberhessen is completely surrounded by Hessen Nassau (even fourfold s!!!1!) - who´s the Dominator?

View Postzgubny, on 27 July 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

OBERHESSEN is the code name for Robert Hossein , a famous  intelligencer of ww2 , disguised as a movie star

sent in France to instill vice and virtue ...

Robert Hossein Hmmmm Catherine Deneuve.... oui Monssieur

Edited by 0berhessen, 27 July 2020 - 09:40 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

zen_monk_ #38 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10922 battles
  • [__] __

View Post0berhessen, on 27 July 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

Come on... Oberhessen is completely surrounded by Hessen Nassau (even fourfold s!!!1!) - who´s the Dominator?

We will catch this Hessen Nassau too! You villains are going down one by one! :izmena:

0berhessen #39 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6653 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View Postzen_monk_, on 27 July 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

We will catch this Hessen Nassau too! You villains are going down one by one! :izmena:

Sure we all know now who is hidden within your username

Spuggy #40 Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

Can I now officially declare this thread utterly derailed?

Edited by Spuggy, 27 July 2020 - 10:26 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users