9 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8185 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

A little "funny" for the weekend.

Pilot chat commands translated into "bot"

Attack/Defend Sector - Go directly to noob mid. 

Need Support! - Steal all players kills/crash into player repeatedly. 

Attack/Defend aircraft. - Assign least appropriate and/or furthest away bot for the task. Alternatively assign bot that is actually being killed by selected target.

Clear my Tail! - ignore player completely

:teethhappy:

apartclassic #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 26430 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

You forgot to add:

do anything the player asks for after a break for tea/coffee/toilet, but no sooner than 120 seconds later

Edited by apartclassic, 11 July 2020 - 02:43 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ziptop #3 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8185 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_
I have indeed noticed that sometimes they respond and start heading your way only to get distracted and wander off, I guess this is the tea break moment.

Spuggy #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3898 battles

View PostZiptop, on 11 July 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

I have indeed noticed that sometimes they respond and start heading your way only to get distracted and wander off, I guess this is the tea break moment.

No, this is super advanced representation of normal hooman behavior. I heard that the WoWp's AI team actually travelled back in time from the future and tried to create SkyNet in order to bring down the hooman race. However, someone noticed they were good at creating AI that was an almost perfect representation of rubbish hooman behavior and paid them to create bot AI for WoWp's. The cost of which was so high the the WoWp's team have had to churn out an unbelievable number of premium planes to sell to the player base to then pay the SkyNet operatives 

Ziptop #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8185 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostSpuggy, on 11 July 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

No, this is super advanced representation of normal hooman behavior. I heard that the WoWp's AI team actually travelled back in time from the future and tried to create SkyNet in order to bring down the hooman race. However, someone noticed they were good at creating AI that was an almost perfect representation of rubbish hooman behavior and paid them to create bot AI for WoWp's. The cost of which was so high the the WoWp's team have had to churn out an unbelievable number of premium planes to sell to the player base to then pay the SkyNet operatives 

This is actually good news. This means that when judgment day actually comes Skynet will send out Terminators and they will all wander off....some will go to the park to play frisbee, some will go for a coffee, and at least one will have a little nap.

apartclassic #6 Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 26430 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

The very few working will snipe you from miles away, while most will just cripple you and go somewhere else. Also, they will be methodically visiting towns and cities in some initially obscure order, but once people get the hang of it there will be mass migrations before Terminators arrive, saving millions. Oh, and when a Terminator will be attacking you, it will be running at you at full speed, spraying bullets all over the place, and if you avoid the collision this Terminator will still be running in roughly the same direction. Unless it will be after a squall, a storm, a light shower or any other 'wet' type of weather, in which case the Terminator will immediately turn back on you, calling all his buddies for a mass-gank.

Oh, and I forgot about this one: Terminators keep looking for tallest structures around, and keep climbing to the top, before jumping down on people (missing most of the time). Nobody knows why, nobody understands. Everybody knows or heard a Terminator, puffing up some stairs, muttering 'higher... must... climb.... higher.....', but the reasoning aka script behind it remains obscure.

Edited by apartclassic, 12 July 2020 - 12:20 AM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

RoyalFlyingCorps #7 Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18117 battles
I actually miss the bot GAAs that would fly around in small circles the entire game, nowhere near a sector...

Ziptop #8 Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8185 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 12 July 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

I actually miss the bot GAAs that would fly around in small circles the entire game, nowhere near a sector...

Their code was updated to allow them to come to the nearest mine sector with you and all crash thereby flipping the sector to red without them even needing to turn up.

RoyalFlyingCorps #9 Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18117 battles
That would be along with the code that has you about to flip a sector to your team by killing the almost dead enemy or ADA aircraft in it, only for your bot heavy to fly straight through you, killing you and saving the sector for the enemy...

Ziptop #10 Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8185 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 13 July 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

That would be along with the code that has you about to flip a sector to your team by killing the almost dead enemy or ADA aircraft in it, only for your bot heavy to fly straight through you, killing you and saving the sector for the enemy...

Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users