Stupid Scaling on Dailies!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mournfull #1 Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I always try to fly planes I haven't specialized to do my daily token missions.

Today I got "Wild Hunt" so I thought cool lets work on the SU- 9  line for Tier 8 and the I-211 for tier 9 as I need to work on them.

I lose 3 games on the trot, 2 times I was the lower tier on the I-211 with specialized German fighters at Tier 10 on the other side and of course the compulsory EF-131. On the 1 game It looked like we could win we had 3 specialized planes 2 of them Spitfire XIV  and  Vampire.

We lost!!

To cut a long story short due to them not knowing where to fight and what to fight.

So I though screw this and won the next 5 games in the Russian RB-17, SU-10 and IL-40P planes.

Top tier part of daily done!!!

Tier 5-7 next so no messing around now I want to get this done.

TU-2 bomber specialized, TU-1 Heavy fighter specialized, IL-10 specialized and Hurricane II also specialized.

9 games out of 12 won. I am pretty happy!

Middle Tier part of daily done111

Ok bottom tier lets start in my Blenheim heavy fighter.

Spectacular win even though lower tier. Mainly to brainless spitfire pilots again but this time worked for me. 

Marseilles medal, Hero of the sky medal, Ace medal, Kozhedub medal, McGuire medal over 20k points win and I'm really pleased!!!

I look at the Wild Hunt daily to see what I have done for that. 

1.2k points WTF!!!!

Screw this I get in my tier 2 I-5 ShKAS which is a seal clubbing plane of extreme proportions. 

win the next game and get 1.3k points.

So i think why fly anything else for it and fly 11 more matches losing only 1 kicking 10 bales of crap out of anything including tier 3's that fall into my sights.

Bottom Tier dailies completed

Why such a grind on lower tiers in comparison to higher tiers, It almost seems as if WG is encouraging players to seal club as there is no reason whatsoever to use a tier 4 planes instead of a 2!

GonerNL #2 Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13018 battles

View PostMournfull, on 03 August 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

It almost seems as if WG is encouraging players to seal club as there is no reason whatsoever to use a tier 4 planes instead of a 2!

jeez, I would never have thought of that ...  :rolleyes: 

And it's not just the dailies ; players do this for the token chase too ...

Edited by GonerNL, 03 August 2020 - 03:34 PM.

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10418 battles
  • [__] __

There are two simple changes WG needs to do to make this a better game:

- scale the Dailies requirements for thee Periods (let's say keep the Period 2 as is, half the requirements for Period 1 and double for Period 3, or something)

- bring in the full rewards for the first in the losing team (that way you'll motivate people to stay in the "losing" battles and still give their best)

Shouldn't be too much programming.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17688 battles

So far as the scaling is concerned, the implication from Blindfold when last this was discussed was that it was, more or less, a question of changing number entries for the missions so that the requirements could be reduced for the period I section (I'm not sure anybody would welcome an increase for the period III missions!).  If so, that would require no programming at all, just some thought as to what the new numbers should be; and it still hasn't been done.

Perhaps optimism is contagious though.

GonerNL #5 Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13018 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 03 August 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

That is the case with a load of the bugs we've been reporting over and over too. In a lot of cases it would just be changing a variable or condition in the code. But even that is too much to ask, it seems ... I wonder if they even took the trouble of trying to locate those bugs. The reports were very clear and well documented and described, I would think.

houghtonbee #6 Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6601 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
They havent listened to anything the player base has put forward to improve the game for all since I joined the game in 2013 so it seems a touch unlikely they will start now.

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10418 battles
  • [__] __

At least we are asking for simple, logical and small stuff.

And some of the complaints like this went through: they've removed the idiotic Dailies where it was required from you to do something on Period 1 to the bases that don't exist there. They've changed it listening to our reasonable complaints.

So WG please scale down Period 1 requirements.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

0berhessen #8 Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5835 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

As usual running out of likes for today...

So please scale down the requirements for Low-Tier daily missions!

Edited by 0berhessen, 04 August 2020 - 10:15 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Mournfull #9 Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

So today I have "good Results" for my daily 10 token which is earning personal points defending sectors.

1st match is in my tier 4 in my Blenheim, easy win and I get 1.3k points toward the 25k I need.

2nd and 3rd match I use my I-5 ShKAS. 2 more wins the opponents beaten bloody and I now have just under 6k towards my daily.

I get more personal points in the seal clubbers wet dream of a plane than my Blenheim.

I expect this is due to the fact I kill a lot more in it easily in an area I need to defend.

Not only this I also get around 10 mechanical parts per game give or take.

These are the one material I am always short of when I upgrade equipment.

I get a little more high end materials in wins from the tier 4 planes but usually only about 2 or 3 if I'm lucky of the mechanical parts.

So more wins to pad my stats, daily missions completed far faster and far more of the materials I need to upgrade my equipment at Higher tiers.

It's not rocket science, until WG rethink the dailies they give no incentive whatsoever to fly anything above tier 2 for the lower tier missions unless of course it requires you are in a Bomber.

Another point about Tier 4 playing against Tier 3.

If I'm in a Tier 3 and totally outclass the players why can't I win medals when my team mates or opponents in the their Tier 4's who don't play as well get medals and I don't?

Anyway rant over, I will now be silent for another few months!

Edited by Mournfull, 04 August 2020 - 05:12 PM.

apartclassic #10 Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
Here: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/53582-daily-10-token-missions/

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ziptop #11 Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7876 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View Postzen_monk_, on 03 August 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

There are two simple changes WG needs to do to make this a better game:

- scale the Dailies requirements for thee Periods (let's say keep the Period 2 as is, half the requirements for Period 1 and double for Period 3, or something)

- bring in the full rewards for the first in the losing team (that way you'll motivate people to stay in the "losing" battles and still give their best)

Three.

Both of the things you mention and also FIX THE Pi55 POOR MATCHMAKING

atlasapl #12 Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3525 battles
Certainly the matchmaking these last three or four days have been a little interesting shall we say. Normally it doesn't bother me, but wow.

At least the month long tokens marathon isnt win based.

jakub_czyli_ja #13 Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6238 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostGonerNL, on 04 August 2020 - 06:24 AM, said:

That is the case with a load of the bugs we've been reporting over and over too. In a lot of cases it would just be changing a variable or condition in the code. But even that is too much to ask, it seems ... I wonder if they even took the trouble of trying to locate those bugs. The reports were very clear and well documented and described, I would think.

There should be no programming at all, if it's done right, so bringing bugs to the table is pointless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users