bugged battle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

apartclassic #1 Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27939 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

There is something I mention occassionaly, a very rare (at least for me) bug. I'm having hard time describing it, so I thought this time I will show it. Incidentally, when flighting with someone there is a higher chance of having this one, or some variation of it (partial HUD, no timer etc).

It's what I call a pro-mode (aka realism mode), where you have no info about the battle whatsoever. There are no target markers, no plane markers, no timer, no cap progression, no HUD for plane (in this case, exceptionally, I had speedometer and altimeter, but usually not even those are present), no aiming reticle (and what's worse, when it's there, bullets are still going about an inch away from it, as if shooting sideways). Notably, not even skins for the plane are being loaded - it's as if there was absolutely minimal communication between server and my client. It is rare, as I said, and I even managed to fly a few times while being affected by this bug - managed some kills, managed to do some aerobatics, and it was pretty exhilarating; you only acquire targets when they are in visual range (and still there's a huge possibility of friendly fire, unless it's something with a reargunner shooting at you), which usually means they are already attacking you. It's doable, but it's flying just for the sake of it, as there is absolutely no way of telling who's doing what to whom.

The only way to 'fix' this is quitting the battle and game alltogether. As the chat is also disabled (no server/client communication), it's even impossible to tell the team what's going on. After quitting the battle, client just gets stuck on black screen. The usual procedure for me is 'Return to hangar' (ESC options work, luckily), then Alt-F4 when on the black screen, then give it a few minutes and relog to the game. Trying to relog back to the battle doesn't fix anything; waiting till the battle ends still results in being stuck with the black screen (regardless of quitting to hangar or not).

I apologize to my team buddies, who might have been dissapointed seeing me doing nothing/quitting the battle. Most probably this thing above was the reason.

Edited by apartclassic, 16 August 2020 - 12:44 AM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10903 battles
  • [__] __

View Postapartclassic, on 16 August 2020 - 01:42 AM, said:

I apologize to my team buddies, who might have been dissapointed seeing me doing nothing/quitting the battle.

It is the most popular playstyle for a reason. Try some more, you might like it.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

ChrisEFF #3 Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:45 AM

Senior Airman

• 12829 battles
  • [AAPD] AAPD
I've had that very rarely too. Best thing to do, in my opinion, is go to a corner as high as possible and hide/stay alive so at least your plane can't get shot down and assist the enemy. Plus you might be the only one left at the end. Or just quit the battle and restart the game.

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20146 battles
What's aggravating is that APartClassic scores more heavily when hampered in this way than I do with the full UI.

Ziptop #5 Posted 16 August 2020 - 07:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

There is a way to provoke "Pro Mode" (variants...)

Die.

While waiting to respawn select an allied aircraft view.

Once you are looking at what an allied aircraft is doing press "T" or whatever your binding for the "follow mode" camera view of that ally.

Chances are quite high that when you respawn you have HUD and map glitches

nitemare_gary #6 Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2897 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

No plane markers you say...

Sounds like a good test of one's aircraft recognition skills. I might even give Ziptop's method a try. (really trying to find a practical use for being able to name small silhouettes of ww2 aircraft)

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

Aimless #7 Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5769 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Apart, once you encounter the infamous psychedelic mode, give us some info. I had it quite some times. I just had to press any button and the zoom took me a 100 miles away, out of the map, under the ground, to outer space, that trip was so amazing I forgot to take some screenshots. Whoohoo! :amazed:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users