Collector's Bundles

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:24 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Hurry up if you want to obtain bundles with Premium Soviet fighters at great discounts!

Full news text

GonerNL #2 Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13353 battles

Thanks, but no, thanks ...

I'm not spending this kind of money while I'm not sure anything will be done about this game with regard to content, not just squeezing it.

I have to wonder what the idea is behind these bundles ; expert players already have those planes and/or the contents of the unique crates and new players might like the crates for low tier planes and stuff, but are not up to handling tier VII planes ...

Edited by GonerNL, 17 August 2020 - 11:45 AM.

raketak_ #3 Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10866 battles

Kostikov 302 is for me most funny premium which I have. This is speeeeed. If you are top tier, you are faster from all. 1,5km from you is plane on 10% live? He is yours :)

You only need keep your speed and dont try fight as plane from ww1. 

SvenC333 #4 Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 9292 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
Yak-3RD can be found in unique supply crates, so why buying it for 30 bucks? The 302 is worth a second look, I guess ...

Spartan_93 #5 Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1868 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostSvenC333, on 17 August 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

Yak-3RD can be found in unique supply crates, so why buying it for 30 bucks? The 302 is worth a second look, I guess ...

can

can

can

but will not be found ... last plane missing from the crates list

PerfectPotato #6 Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:43 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 2028 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 17 August 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

Thanks, but no, thanks ...

I'm not spending this kind of money while I'm not sure anything will be done about this game with regard to content, not just squeezing it.

I have to wonder what the idea is behind these bundles ; expert players already have those planes and/or the contents of the unique crates and new players might like the crates for low tier planes and stuff, but are not up to handling tier VII planes ...

You might want to take a look at the interview with the Wargaming CEO here. There is a small bit regarding WoWP further down: https://venturebeat.com/2020/08/16/how-wargaming-overcame-mistakes-and-reclaimed-the-future-of-world-of-tanks/

These packages are titled as collector packs. I am a collector so I have no problem paying for what I enjoy as long as I enjoy it. As the above article states there won't be much new coming I think and since this game is the most complicated of the three it will still have the highest challenge of the three to sustain players. I'd like to see something new especially the prototype and paper planes since this is the main strongpoint what sets WoWP apart but I don't have high hopes unless there is a sudden influx of players. But since WG said above that they won't advertise this game much it likely won't happen.

atlasapl #7 Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3544 battles
Interesting article. The fact it does make a profit, a small one, tells me they wont shut it down.

Still, things can change. Although I don't expect any new content, somebody may have a change of heart one day. Doubtful I know.

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 18 August 2020 - 07:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18119 battles

Quoting Kislyi, from the Venture Beat article to which PerfectPotato kindly provided a link, on WoWP (the emphasis is mine): "Obviously, the game is still running. We don’t promote it and push it and market it on every lamppost, but there are a couple of hundred thousand people who play it, the diehards. We’re not shutting it down. It’s slightly profitable. It’s not through the roof. It used to actually burn money, but we managed to streamline and optimize the team and our approach so that those players who love the game can still play it. We’re just not pushing it aggressively."

This confirms what I said on several occasions from October 2019 last year.  Now that Kislyi has put what was already obvious into the public domain, I assume that finally I will be allowed without sanctions to say on this forum that there is either no WoWP development team or just a tiny one and that, therefore, we cannot and should not expect any further significant developments in the game.  That means the roughly 50% of the May 2019 "road map" items that never appeared in the game, e.g. American bombers, are likely never to appear.

I suppose the good news is that for anybody who has worked their way through most or all of the game's content, but still enjoys it as a "Kislyi hobby", it seems the game will be kept running indefinitely.  However, we now know that we will not see an influx of new players because, as the article makes clear, WG is no longer promoting the game; again, something that has been obvious for nearly a year or more.  The bots are here to stay.

For what it's worth, I still enjoy dabbling in the game now and then, but it should be abundantly clear to anybody who reads Kislyi's comments that WoWP is in "zombie mode".  That's a shame; I still believe there was a fine game somewhere in there that could have been successful, as I don't agree the game is too fast for people.  I'm nearing my 60s and I manage to play reasonably well at all tiers, so if an old 'un like me can do it there's no doubt the youngsters could too.

As for the efforts of the people who manage this forum and their past attempts to suppress comments of the kind Kislyi has now uttered in public...pfft.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 18 August 2020 - 07:21 AM.

SvenC333 #9 Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:11 AM

Senior Airman

• 9292 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 18 August 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

This confirms what I said on several occasions from October 2019 last year.  Now that Kislyi has put what was already obvious into the public domain, I assume that finally I will be allowed without sanctions to say on this forum that there is either no WoWP development team or just a tiny one and that, therefore, we cannot and should not expect any further significant developments in the game.  That means the roughly 50% of the May 2019 "road map" items that never appeared in the game, e.g. American bombers, are likely never to appear.

I suppose the good news is that for anybody who has worked their way through most or all of the game's content, but still enjoys it as a "Kislyi hobby", it seems the game will be kept running indefinitely.  However, we now know that we will not see an influx of new players because, as the article makes clear, WG is no longer promoting the game; again, something that has been obvious for nearly a year or more.  The bots are here to stay.

What makes me sad is, that Kislyi talks about wowp in the past. That underlines that there will be no further development, yet bugfixing, in the game. But the good news is indeed, that the game will NOT BE CLOSED! So get airborne! :honoring:

arquata2019 #10 Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

Airman Basic

• 291 battles
  • [TGUN] TGUN

I won't spend money...

Also, why does nobody play this game?

I spend my time a lot more in warships, but warplanes in good too...

Any answer for this??

(Also, you can find planes in the supplies, for example i got MANY premium ships in few containers)

atlasapl #11 Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3544 battles
World of tanks has past a point of no return. It solely carter's for the established elite. Apart from the ridiculous matchmaking, new players don't stand a chance. The issues are clear and adversely effect low tiers as well as high. Balance is a joke.

World of warships is slowly heading the same way. But two things make it different from WoT. Mid tier games are still fun, and co-op mode. Some players will dismiss co-op mode out of hand. But the fact is, its fun for people who don't enjoy random battles. Steel ships and the rise in toxicity in some battle modes makes me worry about WoWS direction long term.

In all the time I have played WoWP, I can count on one hand the times I have experienced toxic behaviour. I am not talking about players type 'noob team' and such like, but insults directed at other players. Whether people like it or not, having bots means I can grab a game any time of day or night with little waiting. Then we have re-spawning. At least if somebody makes a mistake they can jump straight back in and try again. Learn from the mistakes they make. That is none existent in WoT.

If WoWP ever closed, I would go back and give WoWS another go. But I sure as hell will never play WoT again. Wot may be the golden goose right now. But unless they acknowledge the issues and actually do something about it, it too will be on a very slippery slope.

blindfoId #12 Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:11 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Dear pilots,

Please stick to the thread and don't go off-topic. You can draw any ideas you imagine from the interview — it is completely natural for any person to seek for confirmation of his or her opinion allegedly "hidden" between the lines — but the fact is Victor simply confirms that WoWP is not going to be closed. 

There's a team and there will be updates. Updates' content and the dates will be announced in a timely manner. 

zen_monk_ #13 Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10523 battles
  • [__] __
I still hold you on that huge thingy under the tarpaulin in the workshop, one that suspiciously looks like one of Northrop's flying wing bombers :)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

SvenC333 #14 Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

Senior Airman

• 9292 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostblindfoId, on 19 August 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

There's a team and there will be updates. Updates' content and the dates will be announced in a timely manner. 

Thank you for these clear words. :great: We are looking all eagerly for the next updates! :)

PerfectPotato #15 Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:31 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 2028 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 19 August 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

Dear pilots,

Please stick to the thread and don't go off-topic. You can draw any ideas you imagine from the interview — it is completely natural for any person to seek for confirmation of his or her opinion allegedly "hidden" between the lines — but the fact is Vistor simply confirms that WoWP is not going to be closed. 

Glad to hear! Warplanes not shutting down is fine on it's own yet not quite satisfactory. If there still is developement as you stated, even better. Oh and back to topic, I'd like to see the BV P.203 and Ho 229 in a bundle to complete my collection of buyable planes... :coin::child::trollface:

atlasapl #16 Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3544 battles
I would prefer to see a Ki-44 Shoki in a bundle.

Sorry. I shall get my jacket.

PerfectPotato #17 Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 2028 battles

View Postatlasapl, on 19 August 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

I would prefer to see a Ki-44 Shoki in a bundle.

Sorry. I shall get my jacket.

Oh yes, a perfect premium Tier VI high altitude fighter. And while we're at it can I have my F9F please? It is even prettier than the F2H! :great:

Aimless #18 Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:25 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 5249 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You are a nice person blindfold and I like you, so don't get me wrong please. But as hard as I try, I can't believe what you're saying. Help me! :(

jakub_czyli_ja #19 Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6745 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Dear pilots,

Please stick to the thread and don't go off-topic. You can draw any ideas you imagine from the interview — it is completely natural for any person to seek for confirmation of his or her opinion allegedly "hidden" between the lines — but the fact is Victor simply confirms that WoWP is not going to be closed. 

It seems a bit scary to hold breath waiting.

arquata2019 #20 Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 291 battles
  • [TGUN] TGUN

Dear pilots,

May i know why the last update was back in december 2019? i'm curious @blindfold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users