No more Wowp ...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 27 August 2020 - 03:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14573 battles

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade (about an hour and 5 reboots) Wowp stopped working.

Game starts, but it seems to have forgotten all accounts & passwords and had to detect graphic settings. Hangar video & sound are OK, but after pressing battle there's a black screen and nothing more.

ESC brings up settings menu, bu can't click any tab (control, graphics etc).

Tried repair game option and starting in safe mode, but nada.

Guess I have to reinstall and start over ... 

zgubny #2 Posted 27 August 2020 - 04:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15497 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostGonerNL, on 27 August 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade (about an hour and 5 reboots) Wowp stopped working.

Game starts, but it seems to have forgotten all accounts & passwords and had to detect graphic settings. Hangar video & sound are OK, but after pressing battle there's a black screen and nothing more.

ESC brings up settings menu, bu can't click any tab (control, graphics etc).

Tried repair game option and starting in safe mode, but nada.

Guess I have to reinstall and start over ... 

I had a similar issue in the past and someone gave me a hand , i tried this : Delete input_mapping folder. But i don't know if you have exactly the same issue .

I don't know if it's related to your problem but today i received a Wargaming Game center update ...

View Posthoughtonbee, on 12 October 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

I received the following solution to the problem from the tech support, must say I was impressed to get an answer within 24 hours, well done WG!

I won't be able to try these solutions for a couple of hours so just passing on WG's info in the hope it helps others out, although it may be worth raising your own tickets with logs and dxdiags for your own systems in case we're experiencing different issues;

Problem is with game detecting input hardware it cannot recognize and it doesn't know how to utilize. So the game simply ends its own process.
That device can be a mouse/keyboard not recognized as valid by the game or a bit more uncommon device - like a remote for a printer (or a TV/screen) etc.

There's two potential causes:

1) Game files. Our game is meant to hold information about controllers (and exact key binds for each controller) in a set of files. If those files - for whatever reason - get corrupted, the game wouldn't be able to read those files and errors like the one seen in the log files would appear.
Solution in this case is very simple: Delete input_mapping folder.
Simply press and hold WIN+R keys at the same time, in the RUN window paste the following: AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes
Then hit OK button and you will find input_mapping there.

After deleting the folder, try to run the game again and see what happens.

2) Hardware - ie. the source of the error is piece of hardware connected to the device, which the game cannot identify.

In this case I will need you to remove/disable all devices connected to the PC, with the exception of mouse and keyboard. Even if something is wireless, it will have to be disabled. Once that is done, try to run the game and see what happens. If the issue persists and you have such capability - try to run the game with a different mouse model and a different keyboard.

Once you have identified the device causing this problem, please send us a link to a store page (or product page) for this device. It will allow me to send a request to the dev team and hopefully this device will be added as recognizable by the game.

Ziptop #3 Posted 27 August 2020 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostGonerNL, on 27 August 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade (about an hour and 5 reboots) 

Microsatan just get's better and better huh?

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 27 August 2020 - 06:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5317 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
What's worse is we can't change the color of the taskbar without the premium version of windows so us lowly peasants are stuck with the forced bright light grey color... I guess I could always hide the task bar but still, bad form. 

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 27 August 2020 - 06:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11206 battles
  • [__] __
Also the thing you so vehemently doubted: run Win7 Compatibility mode. It.Does.Help, especially with the graphic bugs.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

GonerNL #6 Posted 27 August 2020 - 07:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14573 battles

View Postzgubny, on 27 August 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

I had a similar issue in the past and someone gave me a hand , i tried this : Delete input_mapping folder. 

UN-BE-[edited]-LIEVABLE !!!

That did the trick !! Thank you so very much ! That was quicker than a complete re-install ...

and thanks to houghtonbee too, for the original post.

Edited by GonerNL, 27 August 2020 - 07:29 PM.

zgubny #7 Posted 27 August 2020 - 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15497 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostGonerNL, on 27 August 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

UN-BE-[edited]-LIEVABLE !!!

That did the trick !! Thank you so very much ! That was quicker than a complete re-install ...

and thanks to houghtonbee too, for the original post.

I'm so happy for you , we can also thank nitemare_gary if i remember well he found the post on the forum and this post was published on 12 October 2017 !!!

Can you imagine ?  Thank you guys

Edited by zgubny, 27 August 2020 - 07:37 PM.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 27 August 2020 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5086 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTungstenHitman, on 27 August 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

What's worse is we can't change the color of the taskbar without the premium version of windows so us lowly peasants are stuck with the forced bright light grey color... I guess I could always hide the task bar but still, bad form. 

This works...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-taskbar-color/608768a7-6758-44be-833e-acb168c8c0e2

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

nitemare_gary #9 Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2962 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

View Postzgubny, on 27 August 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

I'm so happy for you , we can also thank nitemare_gary if i remember well he found the post on the forum and this post was published on 12 October 2017 !!!

Can you imagine ?  Thank you guys

Yup, I got this issue when the WGC was introduced. It took me six months to find that fix. Glad it worked for everyone here. (Thanks again, houghtonbee)

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

GonerNL #10 Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14573 battles

Unbelievable !!

There was a guy on Discord with similar problem ; talked him thru the procedure and his game is working again !!! 

New pandemic ??

Ziptop #11 Posted 01 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostGonerNL, on 01 September 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

Unbelievable !!

There was a guy on Discord with similar problem ; talked him thru the procedure and his game is working again !!! 

New pandemic ??

Microsatan rolling out updates which messes people up all over the world. 

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5317 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

That was great help btw, nice one!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users