Aircraft recognition weekly challenge

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

nitemare_gary #261 Posted 23 August 2021 - 04:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3176 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Apologies for the delay, I've had a ridiculous amount of stuff going on. 

Week fifty answer:

Westland Sea King AEW.7 / ASaC.7

Image source :sea_king_aew7_01_of_28.jpg (1024×768) (primeportal.net)

Points for week fifty:

6 points for zgubny

Week No.51 picture: 

P.13492432.PNG

Disclaimer: not my photo, Source with answer.

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

zgubny #262 Posted 23 August 2021 - 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16765 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View Postnitemare_gary, on 23 August 2021 - 05:20 PM, said:

Week No.51 picture: 

P.13492432.PNG

I think it's a Blackburn "Botha" Mk.I ( Blackburn B 26 Botha ) :

GonerNL #263 Posted 23 August 2021 - 10:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16178 battles
I wonder why the British named a plane after a South African general and hero from the Boer wars, who even took Churchill prisoner ... :unsure:

nitemare_gary #264 Posted 30 August 2021 - 06:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3176 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

This is it, the one year anniversary, and I've found a little something special to mark the occasion. 

Week fifty one answer:

Blackburn B.26 Botha Mk.1

Image source :15 Blackburn Botha I Bristol Perseus Engine (15837310772) - Blackburn Botha – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

Points for week fifty one:

6 points for zgubny

Week No.52 picture: 

cummings2.PNG

Special rules:

There are 8 silhouettes and outlines of 1940's aircraft to find and identify, with numbering running from left to right. (i.e. top left corner is 1, and bottom right is 8 ) Each aircraft is worth one point, making a total of eight points available this week. Answers need not be the full three categories, just the model (C2) is fine.

You can make as many posts with answers in as you like, but if you are writing your answers as a list. Please keep in mind the time of any edits you make to your post, as that time will be applied to all answers in that post.

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

Ato_sato #265 Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14421 battles
  • [F-LV] F-LV
1-Junkers Ju 52                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           2-Kawanishi H8K                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         3-North American P-51 Mustang                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 4-Short Sunderland                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Bottom Row                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           5-Republic P-47 Thunderbolt                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           6-Supermarine Spitfire                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     7-Junkers Ju 188                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         8-Curtiss-Wright C-46 Commando                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Volume III number 8 of Aircraft Recognition - April 1945. Michael Cummings cartoon and aircraft recognition test.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Ato_sato #266 Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14421 battles
  • [F-LV] F-LV
Cover of the issue for May 1944 (Volume II Number 9). The cover has an indigo background and in white test the title Aircraft Recognition and the date May 1944. The bulk of the cover is taken up by a photograph of a Fairey Barracuda aircraft.

nitemare_gary #267 Posted 01 October 2021 - 02:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3176 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Week fifty two answers:

1. Junkers Ju-52

2. Kawanishi H8K

3. North American P-51 Mustang

4. Short Sunderland

5. Republic P-47 Thunderbolt

6. Supermarine Spitfire

7. Junkers Ju-188

8. Curtis C-46 Commando 

Image source : Aircraft recognition Vol.3 No.8

Points for week fifty two:

8 points for Ato_sato

As I said a few weeks ago, this competition was going to take a break after week 52. I had initially wanted this to last only a few weeks, but due to changing circumstances on my end it’s going to be a bit longer than that. I’ve bitten off a bit more than I can chew work wise, and something had to give. Sadly, this means that I’m going to take a break from WOWP in general, and this competition will be suspended indefinitely. I will be back, and I’ll probably do the odd battle between then and now, but I won’t be posting on the forum for a while.

I would like to thank everyone who read this thread in the past year. I looked at the stats, and it was getting around one and a half thousand views per week over the last few months which is a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Just goes to show that our community isn’t quite as small as it seems.

So, until we meet again,

Good luck up there!

NG  

Ato_sato #268 Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14421 battles
  • [F-LV] F-LV
Thanks for race and luck, success in life. Let's wait back.

zgubny #269 Posted 10 October 2021 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16765 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View Postnitemare_gary, on 01 October 2021 - 03:19 PM, said:

As I said a few weeks ago, this competition was going to take a break after week 52. I had initially wanted this to last only a few weeks, but due to changing circumstances on my end it’s going to be a bit longer than that. I’ve bitten off a bit more than I can chew work wise, and something had to give. Sadly, this means that I’m going to take a break from WOWP in general, and this competition will be suspended indefinitely. I will be back, and I’ll probably do the odd battle between then and now, but I won’t be posting on the forum for a while.

I would like to thank everyone who read this thread in the past year. I looked at the stats, and it was getting around one and a half thousand views per week over the last few months which is a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Just goes to show that our community isn’t quite as small as it seems.

So, until we meet again,

Good luck up there!

NG  

I will miss you a lot !

Thank you very much for this thread , for the time you spent with us ...  Thanks for everything Dude , you just deserve a big parade with planes so i would like to dedicate to you my last post like this :

france GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users