Where have you put your Valkyrie pilots?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Dhansak #1 Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2919 battles
I have lined up my russian pilot for the IL40 (still earning it on my IL20). Where have you pilots put your US and German valkyries?

CheefCoach #2 Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 7808 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Marina is on IL 10, Charlotte stayed on Bf 110E and Mary fly P47D (tier 7 one). 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10415 battles
  • [__] __
I have only Mary and she's in F7U.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17682 battles

After Marina Litvyakova was rendered useless by the unannounced nerf, sorry, fix in patch 2.0.5 (you know, the one that came barely two weeks after you'd been forced to fly 52 hours in a 48 hour period to have a chance of getting her for free - I'm not bitter at all), I returned her to the IL-2 (t) where she has sat, unused, for two years.  I did manage to play a few games with her in the IL-40P before she was made worthless.  Specifically, Dhansak, it's a waste of time putting her in the high tier Russian GAAs these days.  Before the nerf she made those planes mighty, so good in fact that in these days of overpowered EF-131s and Su-10s an IL-40P with a Marina of old would probably still be competitive.  As it is now, she will barely improve the performance of those planes and they will still be outclassed by the bombers.

Charlotte von Staufen I kept in the Bf 110 E for no better reason than at higher tiers most people know not to fly head on at heavies.  She may be worth trying in some other aircraft, perhaps a Bf 109, but I've never bothered.

Mary Loveheart I stuck in the F-84F Thunderstreak because I happened to be flying that at the time I got her.  Truthfully, I've never been able to tell if she makes much difference or not.

If the ladies come up for sale again I'd have to say buy them only if you're a collector.  There's little point in having them otherwise.

Aimless #5 Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4855 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My Lotti is trained for the Me 262 HG III, but she's still quite new so mostly she's flying the Do-335, making some good progress. I trained her for high tier just because it's hard to gather hundreds of thousands of crew XP in a tier V plane.

Mary is also new but making me totally mad because she doesn't seem to be able to handle the P-47B. I just elited it researched the P47N so I now I reallyl hope she'll be doing better there. She'll stay on the MRF branch I think. Hopefully she will find a plane where her special skills are useful in some way.

Marina is still a mighty good pilot (I have her since her "original release") and she made it through the whole GAA line. I put her back to the IL-40 because I think she's needed more on tier IX for obvious reasons. I have much better results in the IL-40 compared to the IL-40P so I'm quite convinced it's really her who makes the difference.

Edited by Aimless, 12 September 2020 - 09:45 PM.

apartclassic #6 Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 25860 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

In my experience Marina shines with lower tier Soviet GAA planes: her special is increased fire chance, and that synergizes with machine guns (and their natural chance of fire) that you find on BSh-1 or LBSh. She does make a difference, skill activates flawlessly and lets the plane burn all soft targets, instead of shooting them continously. Shaves off precious time. I agree that she loses her usability with higher tier GAA - they don't rely as much on guns, and the deathblast is just an afterthought (though it IS usable, with very surprising results - see below:)

Spoiler

Charlotte is still in 110E, because I didn't realise her special isn't bound to specific plane (like Dunkirk pilots). However, now that I know, I'll start juggling her around - quite a few German premiums should benefit from this added firepower, plus the increased detection range is a nice thing. Her skills are not a major benefit, nothing game-changing, but for the German planes with their already good firepower every bit of extra oomph sounds great. I don't think there is one specific tech tree plane she would be perfect for, the skill is very situational.

Mary is special. She is simply fantastic in any US premium MRF/HF. The skill icon, although the only one that's supposedly working fine, is still misleading and doesn't always light up - but the effect is worth it. Also, additional boost length counts; when she is in MRF/HF, which already have long base boost time, it emphasizes the strengths even more. By default she's still specialized for P47-B in my fleet, but US server veterans claim her to be essential for F7U. Both because of boost and because of increased destructive power (and that plane carries four 500pd bombs, nothing to sneeze at). She allows to basically farm Gabreski's in that plane, but does take some learning.

Edited by apartclassic, 12 September 2020 - 11:18 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ziptop #7 Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7854 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

The only one of mine that has flown her own regular aircraft is the US Valkyrie Mary, although she has in fact also spent a lot of time training in the Chain Lightning. 

Marina (Soviet) I put into the IL-40 but having learned that her skills might shine a little more in lower tiers she might get demoted. She didn't do too badly at IL-40 though, she's probably the Valkyrie that has the most hours flight time in actual tech tree aircraft because it was her that did the grinding to unlock the IL-40P. 

I don't think Lottie has ever flown a tech tree aircraft yet but she likes to mess around in the German premium heavies. One day, when she has enough training she might get into a fighter or multirole.

GonerNL #8 Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12999 battles

I've also got Marina on the LBSh. Charlotte is on the Me 410 and Mary flies the F-84B.

zgubny #9 Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13747 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

Hello ,

I have only Charlotte Von Staufen in her BF 110 E Heavy fighter on tier 5 . She's not able to pick a quarrel with the Ki 45 or the P 38 Lightning .

In addition to that i cannot remove the 2 X SC 250 Bombs since the specialization so in terms of agility nimbleness or swiftness ... it sucks !

I tend to use the BF 110 B on tier 4 , easier when you have a chance to meet tier 3 planes in a battle ...

So yes i think i must place her on a lower tier but i'm training other pilots .

Plus , she has the unfortunate tendency to ram every plane in front of her ...

Edited by zgubny, 13 September 2020 - 10:35 AM.

Dhansak #10 Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2919 battles

Thanks for the feedback pilots!

At the moment I am using Marina on the LBSh mainly to keep a brand new gunner crew company whilst they train up ready for the future IL40. I may retrain her for the IL10 to try her out with the 23mm guns to see if she has any great benefit with those on soft targets - may give me a clue to how she might do on the IL40? Meanwhile it is really fun to have her burn up soft targets with the LBSh!

I am hoping that Mary will do well on the F2G - my next unlock in that line. I have not quite got the knack of the P47 line yet - I get more fun out of the Corsairs so far so hope she she doesn't mind hopping lines too much. From what you've said, it sounds as if she will be fine. May try her out on the J21RB if I end up getting that instead of an RB17 when it's sale time.

I was thinking of keeping Charlotte for the ME 262 (again my next unlock in that line) - don't know if that plane is a head on sort of beast though? I had not considered using her in non HFs though - so you've now got me thinking out of the box. I have only just started playing the BF109 line so perhaps she could perform well there. Also the stats on the TA-152 look interesting but I haven't even started that line yet so am just blowing smoke with that concept lol. In any case I generally avoid head to head with any plane I am flying so I will have to rethink that with Charlotte and figure out which planes do that well.

zen_monk_ #11 Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10415 battles
  • [__] __

View PostDhansak, on 13 September 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

I was thinking of keeping Charlotte for the ME 262 (again my next unlock in that line) - don't know if that plane is a head on sort of beast though?

Whatever you do, for how long it takes, regardless of all the frustration 262 can bring, be persistent, endure and go for HG II. That plane will be all you are hoping 262 will be. (and once there go for the third guns).

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Dhansak #12 Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2919 battles

Zen - I will prepare my loin-girding equipment now - suitably calibrated for long term endurance :)

The HG II sounds like quite a gem to be worthy of such a journey through the 262! - still playing with the 109Z to get to that  - will be awhile. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users